ADVERTISEMENT

3 main reasons I see Kentucky beating UCLA Friday nite

KWilt43atbuzz

All-American
Nov 18, 2012
1. Memphis --game will be a defacto home game for UK and UCLA will have to come half way across the country while UK could virtually bus to Memphis.

UK fans will own the arena.

2. Revenge. UCLA beat UK in Rupp snapping a long home winning streak for the Cats.
Never easy beating UK twice in the same season.

3. Defense. When UCLA beat UK it was way back in early December. UK has since amped up their D while UCLA really has not.

"Home court" with a much improved team. I don't think UCLA has gotten any better. I think they have regressed somewhat. Arizona beat them twice this year.

don't misunderestimate them. They should have been a one seed. UCLA, UNC, and KU to get the championship game if we win three in a row. Let's go give it our best shot!!!

Reactions: railroadkat_1
"Home court" with a much improved team. I don't think UCLA has gotten any better. I think they have regressed somewhat. Arizona beat them twice this year.

Maybe because Arizona is a damn good team? Just a thought. Funny to read that UCLA hasn't gotten better, but UK has. It's like do y'all even watch the game?

It's gonna be a good game. Someone other than the freshman will have to have a good game.

Maybe because Arizona is a damn good team? Just a thought. Funny to read that UCLA hasn't gotten better, but UK has. It's like do y'all even watch the game?

It's gonna be a good game. Someone other than the freshman will have to have a good game.

We're just repeating what we here and what the efficiency numbers suggest. They all suggest UCLA can't spell defense. They also agree that Kentucky's defense has vastly improved from where it was in December. And yeah, you can better believe we watch THE game.

i think uk, ucla, and unc are all top 5 teams right now, just happen to be in the same region. uk will need to play its A or A+ game this weekend, something we have not seen in a while, maybe all year.

ucla is just sooo good offensively. while they arent great defenders, they dont really foul so you have to finish plays and make shots, they arent going to put you on the line much. and they dont turn it over. you dont get anything cheap on them.

Reactions: MO_Blue
4.) UCLA had one of its best all around games against us the first time for everyone not named Ball. Shot over 50% from 3 and their role players did much more than be role players. I doubt that happens again.

Reactions: Rockford and awf
don't misunderestimate them. They should have been a one seed. UCLA, UNC, and KU to get the championship game if we win three in a row. Let's go give it our best shot!!!

38287674.jpg

4.) UCLA had one of its best all around games against us the first time for everyone not named Ball. Shot over 50% from 3 and their role players did much more than be role players. I doubt that happens again.

No matter how many times you repeat this, it just isn't true. Their role players did what they've done all season. No one played over their head that day.

Reactions: Rockford
Kentucky is a very different team now. We are scoring much less, but our defense is better now. We've also won a lot of tough games in a conference that is tougher than anyone outside of the SEC wants to admit. I hope the grind through the SEC has prepared Kentucky in a way UCLA is not prepared for.

None of it will matter when the ball is tipped. This game will be back and forth, a possession by possession battle that swings back and forth until probably the final play. I wish it was going to be easier than that, but it probably won't be.

We desperately need Bam to stay out of foul trouble and we need to avoid WG out there chucking bricks and dickfingering around like he did Sunday.

1. Memphis --game will be a defacto home game for UK and UCLA will have to come half way across the country while UK could virtually bus to Memphis.

2. Revenge. UCLA beat UK in Rupp snapping a long home winning streak for the Cats.

3. Defense. When UCLA beat UK it was way back in early December. UK has since amped up their D while UCLA really has not.

I like the way you think...

How many 1-2 foot shots do you think bam misses this time?
How many times you think Briscoe steps on the line?
How many 3 point shots dose Briscoe take?
How many 3 point shots for Fox?

We do need monk to show up on offense. But Bam is playing hell of a lot better. Briscoe won't be taking 5 shots from 3 and fox won't be taking another 4.

As far as their zone, we have faced zone all year now. I think the team be fine if UCLA switched to zone. There are other ways to break the zone other then shooting.

Reactions: HICATFAN
gotta hope someone can get hot for us. We are playing better defense but we need Monk to get hot and either Willis or Gabriel, UCLA has fire power. Even if we slow them down we are going to need to put up some points.

UCLA is really good IMO. I hope we win, and I think we can. Honestly I think UNC would have a harder time defending UCLA than we will.

Reactions: mattrudd
I see another close game that UK squeaks out at the end. They will be in trouble with UNC though if they don't start playing better.

My opinion here but I think UCLA is just as good if not better than UNC.

UNC, ZONA,UCLA,UK...not any huge differences among those 4 besides style & personel.

Reactions: CUJO_1970
I see another close game that UK squeaks out at the end. They will be in trouble with UNC though if they don't start playing better.

UCLA looked better than UNC did last night. We will need our A game to play with the Bruins.

Fox and Dom will have to play 40 mins of defense on Ball and Im sure we'll see Dom on Alford too some, maybe a lot. Malik will have to step it up on the defensive end as well.

3. Defense. When UCLA beat UK it was way back in early December. UK has since amped up their D while UCLA really has not.[/QUOT

We'll, reason number 1 doesn't hold water. We had 100% KY fans at Rupp, and we lost. Reason number 2 and 3, maybe.

1. so UCLA beat UK at Rupp and you think memphis is a better home venue....revenge factor? 2. UCLA beat UK the year prior so wasn't there already revenge on UK's mind from the previous year when they played in December? 3. So you believe UK is the only team that has improved from December? hmm..... UCLA by 8!

Reactions: kingbruin

KWilt, as usual I agree with you. Some people down play the revenge factor. I do not. Cal I believe has only lost to one team twice in the same season since he has been here. I may be wrong I didn't look it up. But I believe we lost to fla 3 times in same season. As far as I can remember that is the only team to beat us twice in same season.
I know it will be a nail biter game. But I believe we pull it out by 5-7 points.
If Carolina beats Butler I will be more worried about them than I will be Ucla.
We beat Carolina on a buzzer beater. They will be out for revenge.

KWilt, as usual I agree with you. Some people down play the revenge factor. I do not. Cal I believe has only lost to one team twice in the same season since he has been here. I may be wrong I didn't look it up. But I believe we lost to fla 3 times in same season. As far as I can remember that is the only team to beat us twice in same season.
I know it will be a nail biter game. But I believe we pull it out by 5-7 points.
If Carolina beats Butler I will be more worried about them than I will be Ucla.
We beat Carolina on a buzzer beater. They will be out for revenge.
Didn't Uconn get us in Maui and then again in the championship or somewhere in the tourney?

Reactions: OHIO COLONEL
Didn't Uconn get us in Maui and then again in the championship or somewhere in the tourney?
Yep your right they did. That makes two teams. There may be more but it don't happen to a Cal coached team often. Not saying it won't but I like our chances against Ucla.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT