ADVERTISEMENT

2nd Round Catsfan3523 vs. Catzman

Who has the chance to win more championships over the next 7 years?

• Catsfan3523

• Catzman

Results are only viewable after voting.

DraftCat

Senior
Nov 5, 2011
Draft Bracket - http://challonge.com/vgm0ajvi

Catsfan3523 - Anthony Davis, Kyrie Irving, Bradley Beal, Myles Turner, Jae Crowder, Trevor Ariza, Dennis Smith Jr, Patrick Beverly, Dwight Howard, Thaddeus Young, John Collins, Andrew Harrison

catzman - Russel Westbrook, Demar Derozan, Hassan Whiteside, Marc Gasol, Nicolas Batum, Julius Randle, Jrue Holiday, Danillo Gallinari, Evan Fournier, Seth Curry, Skal Labissiere, Larry Nance Jr.

This is the playoffs who has the best team and will win the most championships over a 7 year period. Please vote. This round ends 8/17 at 10:00 PM Est.

I feel like Anthony Davis is underrated on this board. Which is kind of crazy considering he played here..

The kid is still 24 years old. He has gotten higher efficiency rating than Lebron has at the same age. People are geeking out over Greek Freak, when Anthony Davis has done more at same age. How was AD picked 6th?

For me, This one is catsfan's victory. Got a great team. Kyrie Irving is little overrated, but second round isn't absurd, and he did already win the championship as second man. Only to have him be better next 7 years. Bradley Beal and Myles Turner are both excellent players and would fit well within this team, and their futures are excellent. The weakness of 3 is filled by Ariza and Jae Crowder. Not sure how long Ariza would last in NBA but Jae Crowder should be good role player on the team. I might have picked youngster thats up and coming to fill this potential role.

I personally am not a huge fan of a Westy/Derozan backcourt.. both freak athletes but I'm not sure how they compliment each other

AD, Beal and Kyrie seems like it gives you youth, experience, star power and spacing that could translate to success down the road. Myles Turner is going to break out this yr I feel and is a perfect big in todays NBA... Defense, can shoot etc...

As great as Westy is, I think i would side with AD here.

I look at match ups in this one at starters first.

I imagine the starters match up being

Irving vs Westbrook
Beal vs Derozan
Crowder vs Batum
Davis vs Randle
Turner vs Whiteside

Davis is better today, no questions asked. In fact, I dont know if Randle, as good as he is and can be, could ever reach where Davis is now, let alone where he could be. Problem is health. Davis is consistently injury prone despite us always worrying about his weight making him too fragile. Hes up to a respectable 253 pounds now, a weight I never thought Id see him at. Unfortunately every game is a toss up. If this wasn't a 7 year debate I dont think itd be a contest between these 2. And while Davis isnt Embiid bad, hes not good at all. This is a list of his injuries

04/08/2017 Sore Left Knee
01/23/2017 Right Quad Contusion
01/17/2017 Sprained Left Thumb
01/11/2017 Bruised Left Hip
12/17/2016 Left Lower Leg Contusion
11/18/2016 Sore Quad
11/16/2016 Sore Quad
11/12/2016 Lower Back
10/12/2016 Sprained Ankle
03/18/2016 Sore Left Knee
02/27/2016 Sprained Right Toe
01/25/2016 Concussion
01/08/2016 Back
11/18/2015 Sore Shoulder
11/11/2015 Right Hip Strain
03/19/2015 Sprained Ankle
02/21/2015 Sprained Shoulder
02/07/2015 Sprained Right Shoulder
01/30/2015 Sore Groin
01/16/2015 Sprained Left Toe
12/13/2014 Chest Contusion
04/09/2014 Back Spasms
03/28/2014 Ankle
01/29/2014 Finger
12/01/2013 Fractured Left Hand

Per 36, Randle is averaging 16.5ppg, 10.75rpg and 4.5 rebounds. I imagine those points to go up with Lonzo dishing the ball the season as well as his body change. He took it upon himself to get shredded and lost 18 pounds to make himself a more mobole freight train. Its great production now with a 17 and 11 per 36 kid whos trend is way up vs an injury proned all star. Davis is almost guaranteed to miss significant time over the next 7 years, potentially when needed most.

After Davis, its Turner and old Howard vs Whiteside and Gasol. Howard is still rebounding well and is an ox, but isnt what he used to be. He has no chance of lasting 7 more years. 3, maybe 4 if hes lucky as a meaningful player. Gasol on the other hand is a player who does not rely on athleticism or brute strength to survive. A nimble, skilled big man who is one of the most offensively skilled bigs in the league whos game can allow him to play for many years to come in my opinion. He shoots 39% from 3 to boot.. Its offense vs rebounding.

I have rebounding and defense taken care of with one of the hottest big men in the game, Hassan Whiteside. Averaging 18.7ppg and 15.6rpg per 36, along with being one of the best shot blockers with over 2 per game. At 7 feet and nearly 270 pounds, hes no string bean either. He can dominate even without scoring, similar to how Howard USED to be. Turner is great but Whiteside is in his prime and will be dominant and strong for the next 5 to 6 years. He wont be slowing down until maybe the final season or so. By then, my OTHER big man, Mr. Skal Labissier will be there as the young blossoming Haitian Sensation. At 20 years old, hes figuring out how dominant he can be and per 36 is averaging 17.1ppg and 9.5rpg while also shooting 38% from downtown.

Its Davis/Turner/Howard/Young vs Whiteside/Gassol/Randle/Labissier. I personally dont think its a contest. Even if I concede Davis is definitely the best of all, I feel Whiteside Gassol and Labissier easily outdo Turner Howard and Young over 7 years.

Out front I have 2 of the best guards in the game. The dynamic and athletic Demar Derozan who averaged better than 27 per game and at 6'7 with ridiculous hops is near impossible for any opposing 2 man to guard. Next to him is one of the most dominant well rounded players in the game who averaged a triple double for the year. Averaged...a triple double. Not only a crazy scorer who somehow rebounds like hes 7 foot at only 6'3, but also finds a way to get his fellow team mates involved at over 10 assists a game. Irving doesnt make anyone but himself look good, despite being a prolific scorer. Westbrook owns Irving. Bradley Beal is definitely a remarkable player but he looks great playing alongside one of the best passers in the game in John Wall. How would he look playing alongside blackhole Kyrie? Conversely, how good would Derozan look having all the attention on Westbrook? Leaving hin free to drive and do as he pleases. Westbrook/Derozan >>> Irving/Beal.

After Westbrook I bring in a starter for most other teams, Jrue Holiday. A phenomenal scorer, very good passer as well as lock down defender who can also knock down 3s. Hes a great back up facilitator and defender who definitely would be my starter if not for Westbrook. After Derozan I have my guys Fournier, the Frenchman for the Magic whos an incredible scorer as well as Seth Curry. Both are good for 2 makes from downtown a piece.
Holiday/Fournier/Curry > Beverly/Harrison/Smith Jr. Smith Jr definitely has a bright future but I dont see Harrison or Beverly becoming what Fournier and Holiday are now or what they will be over the next 7 seasons. Curry is my dead eye from deep on top of that mix.

My 3s arent shabby either with Nick Batum and Danilo Gallinari. Gallinari is ridiculous on offense and, like Curry and Fournier is good for 2 makes from deep a game. Batum is the LeBron of this team (not in talent) as the guy who does what you need him to do to win. He was the leading rebounder and assist man for Charlotte and only 2nd in scoring to dynamic Kemba Walker at 15oog 7rpg and 6 assists. He can be a primary ball handler or get you a rebound. A well rounded, Swiss army man on the court to counter balance my star powered 1-2 punch of Westbrook and Derozan while also being the man to dump passes inside to my young stars Randle and Whiteside. My anchor amongst all the firepower. Ariza is a very good player who Id be worried about 2 or 3 years ago but hes already 32. I dont see him doing this to his 40s. Gasol is the same age but again, is an offense guy and shooter. Those guys play for years. Defensive athletes like Ariza go for less mileage. As he gets even older, defense will get worse as he relegates himself to roll player in a couple years. Crowder is legit. Hell of a player. I cant pick him apart really. That, or Im too tired.

Larry Nance jr was my final pick and is looked at as a bright spot for lakers this upcoming season and for seasons to come. A 6'8 mega athlete who can play the 3 or 4 who has basketball in his genes

Ive done this all from my phone rather than waiting to do this from a computer at work tomorrow. Want to get my feelings out now before votes are cast.

I personally am not a huge fan of a Westy/Derozan backcourt.. both freak athletes but I'm not sure how they compliment each other

AD, Beal and Kyrie seems like it gives you youth, experience, star power and spacing that could translate to success down the road. Myles Turner is going to break out this yr I feel and is a perfect big in todays NBA... Defense, can shoot etc...

As great as Westy is, I think i would side with AD here.

Westbrook and Derozan can play very well. Derozan is not needed to be a primary ball handler who can not have the D focused on him BECAUSE of Westbrook. I question how Irving and Beal can thrive when Irving looks for his shot as much as he does. Everytime I see him play, despite having good assist numbers never seems to consistently make the right play. Beal is used to playing alongside Wall, the polar opposite of Mr. Flat Earth.

And Myles Turner is definitely going to have s bright future, but Whiteside already IS that future. Incredible rebounding and shot blocking to go with point production. Davis definitely dominates, when healthy, but I cant see the entire stable of Davis/Turner/Howard outdoing Whiteside/Randle/Gasol/Labissier. Labissier is going to explode here in the near future and be one of the most offensively skilled bigs in the league. Hes only just now discovering how unstoppable he could be. Theres nothing he cant do on either end of the floor if he wants it. Post moves. Hooks. Fade aways. Deep range. His repertoire at his age is insane. And Randle is on his way to stardom. 4 triple doubles already and as a 4 who can be a freight train on the break or help facilitate the offense or he can go inside and bang for rebounds where he averages almost 11 per 36.

Davis, Irving and Beal are all a bit too fragile to be paired with each other, but man that second team has no shooting.

If that Gasol pick had been someone else, we might have a different ballgame, but two slow twin towers isn't cutting it in the modern NBA. Three versatile shooters with that freaky Compton backcourt would have been sick.

Davis, Irving and Beal are all a bit too fragile to be paired with each other, but man that second team has no shooting.

If that Gasol pick had been someone else, we might have a different ballgame, but two slow twin towers isn't cutting it in the modern NBA. Three versatile shooters with that freaky Compton backcourt would have been sick.

I see Gasol as a back up man to slow his aging process. My starter would definitely be Whiteside paired with Randle, and incredibly versatile 4, or Skal who's blossoming into a ridiculously gifted player. Davis has bird bones and Howards game is declining. I have shooters in Curry, Gallinari and Fournier as well as Gasol, with capable shooters Skal and Batum (who didn't shoot well last year unfortunately). Davis is the anchor of his team, his top flight man, and he can't be counted on to play a full season, My anchor is one of the 5 best players in the league, hands down who can carry a whole team by himself, let alone when he has a strong supporting class. I am shocked this is so lopsided in catsfans favor. I obviously misinterpreted strategy because I don't even see this as a contest, but in my favor. I'm obviously biased though so who knows :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I'm amazed at how lopsided this is. Makes me wonder how I got a 4 seed and him a 5 seed if his team is projected so much better lol.

Reactions: gossie21
  1. Catsfan3523
    23 vote(s)
    71.9%

2. Catzman
    9 vote(s)
    28.1%
Catsfan wins voting closed

ADVERTISEMENT