ADVERTISEMENT

25 years after the Shot, Kentucky has to take another one

KWilt43atbuzz

All-American
Nov 18, 2012

25 years book ended by 2 Classic buzzer beaters

#32 Christian Laettner for Duke v UK
#32 Duke...errr Luke Maye for UNC v UK

Both Regional Finals v ACC Goliaths both long jump shots both by big tall white boys and both swished.

One when U.K. was up 1 and one when the game was tied after a furious Ky rally....

Both daggers to the heart....

The two games have almost nothing in common. However, it seems you're still in meltdown mode, so have at it.
What is this, 5 or 6 threads now? You seem to have mellowed to the acceptance stage now. I think that just leaves you 1 stage of grief remaining.

Last edited:
Reactions: StevieJFTW07

Both Regional Finals v ACC Goliaths both long jump shots both by big tall white boys and both swished.

One when U.K. was up 1 and one when the game was tied after a furious Ky rally....

Another troll post. I don't know how you haven't been deactivated.

You were outed in another thread. Not gonna let you pretend like you're a UK fan on this site without calling you out. You're a fraud and a phony. You are not a UK fan. You're a disgusting troll who bashed these kids and Cal as soon as the game was over.
Do not fall for his phony act. Just go look at the thread "Seeing a pattern here".
Pathetic.

You were outed in another thread. Not gonna let you pretend like you're a UK fan on this site without calling you out. You're a fraud and a phony. You are not a UK fan. You're a disgusting troll who bashed these kids and Cal as soon as the game was over.
Do not fall for his phony act. Just go look at the thread "Seeing a pattern here".
Pathetic.

If ONE good thing came of this horrible game today, it's that KWilt outed himself. We have to keep calling him out until he's gone.

Pathetic.

His nickname is a reference to the 2013 NIT Robert Morris game. He's obvious.

Got to love that it's two players that were or will be around at UNC and Duke until their Seniors that sent UK and Cal's one and done teams home in the Elite 8.

Did I forget to mention while we're on this subject that this is the 25th anniversary of the 1992 Unforgettables (you know those four guys whose jerseys were immediately retired right after that game?), and as far as I know, not one tribute of any kind (Rupp reunion, commemorative book, DVD, nuttin'). It was bad enough nothing was done for the 50th anniversary of the 1966 'Runts...but to also diss the Unforgettables this way is, well, unforgivable. :(

And refresh my memory here, UK had hit absoulte rock bottom when they were freshmen in 1989 (only losing season since 1927) and chose to stay when no one would've thought less of them if they left a sinking ship...and as seniors, they just barely, barely missed making the big Final Four stage. I know of no one else in the history of college b-ball to make such a quick turn around...the only other similar one I can think of is in 2003 the Detroit Tigers lost 119 games (third most losses ever) and then made the World Series three years later.

Well in the ironies of all ironies, I have a friend who has been to 2 regional finals in his lifetime.

The first was with me in Philadelphia in 92 and then just by chance he was in Memphis yesterday for a convention and decided to go to the game.

Ive decided to blame him for the loss. :weary:

Did I forget to mention while we're on this subject that this is the 25th anniversary of the 1992 Unforgettables (you know those four guys whose jerseys were immediately retired right after that game?), and as far as I know, not one tribute of any kind (Rupp reunion, commemorative book, DVD, nuttin'). It was bad enough nothing was done for the 50th anniversary of the 1966 'Runts...but to also diss the Unforgettables this way is, well, unforgivable. :(

And refresh my memory here, UK had hit absoulte rock bottom when they were freshmen in 1989 (only losing season since 1927) and chose to stay when no one would've thought less of them if they left a sinking ship...and as seniors, they just barely, barely missed making the big Final Four stage. I know of no one else in the history of college b-ball to make such a quick turn around...the only other similar one I can think of is in 2003 the Detroit Tigers lost 119 games (third most losses ever) and then made the World Series three years later.

So you want U.K. to honor the team that got beat by Duke in the Elite 8 twenty-five years ago? What's next. Honoring the team that went undefeated a couple years ago until a Wisconsin team beat them in the Final Four, and then the Wisky team got beat by Duke in the finals.

You know things are going badly when the U.K. fans are pushing for teams that didn't even make it to the or win the championship game to be honored for being losers.

Bmbritt, you have no idea about the story of the Unforgettables do you?

Guys OP is not a troll. He is a big UK fan from Bullit County. He does however post every thought that comes to his mind, attempts to fit in at his old age by saying hip things like "he gone" and "butthurt", and has a penchant for making racial remarks.

Guys OP is not a troll. He is a big UK fan from Bullit County. He does however post every thought that comes to his mind, attempts to fit in at his old age by saying hip things like "he gone" and "butthurt", and has a penchant for making racial remarks.

Why is his name a reference to an NIT loss then?

ADVERTISEMENT