ADVERTISEMENT

2024 SG Elohim & Ian Jackson 2 of 4 offered; and 2024 target contacts

Elohim said he wasn't hearing from UK in a recent interview. Kentucky is going to be on a lot of guys tonight. I'd expect these guys to be priority calls:

Ian Jackson (until he reclasses to '23, he's a '24)
Tre Johnson
Yves Missi
Tahaad Pettiford
Robert Wright
Naasir Cunningham
Karter Knox
Carter Bryant
Boogie Fland
David Castillo
Amier Ali
Jason Asemota
Elliot Caudeau
Flory Bidunga
Kur Teng
Somto Cyril

Some of the kids Travis Graf mentioned in his Rivals National update this morning too.

Elohim said he wasn't hearing from UK in a recent interview. Kentucky is going to be on a lot of guys tonight. I'd expect these guys to be priority calls:

Tre Johnson
Yves Missi
Tahaad Pettiford
Robert Wright
Naasir Cunningham
Karter Knox
Carter Bryant
Boogie Fland
David Castillo
Amier Ali
Jason Asemota
Elliot Caudeau
Flory Bidunga
Kur Teng
Somto Cyril

Some of the kids Travis Graf mentioned in his Rivals National update this morning too.
Those are some all time names....thank for the updates as always

Reactions: SosaUK87

Tre Johnson
Yves Missi
Tahaad Pettiford
Robert Wright
Naasir Cunningham
Karter Knox
Carter Bryant
Boogie Fland
David Castillo
Amier Ali
Jason Asemota
Elliot Caudeau
Flory Bidunga
Kur Teng
Somto Cyril

Imma be emailing you soon. Just started a new job and busy as all hell.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
I’ve been hard on Cal for a while now so I’ve gotta give him props. He’s finally starting to change his ways a LITTLE. Offering earlier. He didn’t have to 5 years ago. Times have changed.
Keep it up, Cal.
Great points. UK dominated the recruiting news today as they should. The combination of all the offers to 2024 elite kids and the Holland visit/offer were huge. For instance I would argue Tipton Edits is maybe the biggest basketball recruiting social media platform. I would also say he isn’t biased. Well yesterday on IG stories(those have been a mess) we had the VAST majority of his posts. So even though nothing came from yesterday directly, it was the most reported activity on the UK recruiting front in a long time. Exciting change. The worst things in the past were to see we were on lists of like 20 who had “reached out” to top prospects, then get to next spring and those kids are put off by getting offers from everyone else but us.

Not that he can just stop recruiting but I do find it interesting that Cal and Co. had such a big 2024 recruiting day when many expect him to be here 2 more years or less.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
Didn't they do this last year though? I remember an article or two getting written about how Sheppard didn't get an offer on the first day while others did.
No. It's been the biggest aspect that has upset the fans who follow recruiting intensely. They'd wait for players to visit and then Cal would do his Willy Wonka "Golden Ticket" offer. This is the most aggressive they've been in some time.

No. It's been the biggest aspect that has upset the fans who follow recruiting intensely. They'd wait for players to visit and then Cal would do his Willy Wonka "Golden Ticket" offer. This is the most aggressive they've been in some time.

Thanks. This sort of makes one of the reasons Jai Lucas left look odd.

Thanks. This sort of makes one of the reasons Jai Lucas left look odd.
Jai was a really talented recruiter. I don't think he was his Dad or Brother in terms of player development. KT Turner is stronger in this area. I think the players liked Lucas but players really gravitate towards the guy who will be invested in you no matter where you sit on depth chart or how often you want to be in gym. Jai's got little ones/starting his family, not as easy to do. KT's strength is this and it was a big plus for the program.

Know this will make some respond in a negative manner but I've seen a few aspects that Calipari/program are operating to appease fans and it was long overdue. This is how Kentucky Basketball should always operate and it shouldn't take a wake up call to get there, but sometimes you need to be hit in face to wake up and see what everyone is telling you in terms of what the program had become. Hard to get in shape when you are sitting on your ass. Same with recruiting. The elite don't come if you sit/wait for it to happen or them to call you. Go get it.

Today: Ben Roberts on with Issel talking recruiting starting at the 30-minute mark. Holland. DJ. Bradshaw and Reed Sheppard are discussed. Roberts also asked about the thin roster.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT