ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Schedule

Your post didn’t depress me in the least. I’m just optimistic about UK football, still think we haven’t reached a ceiling under Stoops. Every year can’t be a rabbit leap over the last year, it’s not realistic. Two steps forward, one step back. That’s realistic for me. That’s a scenario I’m looking for. Total pessimism is not where the program is. It’s just not.
Not totally pessimistic or l wouldn't have a spent my money over the last 12 years attending ALL games + bowl games. I just wish we could get an offense that supports the defense .

Reactions: Backer cutter
Not totally pessimistic or l wouldn't have a spent my money over the last 12 years attending ALL games + bowl games. I just wish we could get an offense that supports the defense .
Can agree with that. Can’t say I’ve invested the money you have, far from it. Never had it to start. And I appreciate those that do. We just should be realistic, all I’m saying. We are climbing the ladder, ever so slowly I know, but climbing. The program is in a good place. We are experiencing things we never had. Embrace it, and expect-want more. But I just hate the unrealistic shit. Can’t just strike a match and expect miracles. Climbing outta hell is going to take time, one step at a time. I’m happy to see progress, and embrace it.

Can agree with that. Can’t say I’ve invested the money you have, far from it. Never had it to start. And I appreciate those that do. We just should be realistic, all I’m saying. We are climbing the ladder, ever so slowly I know, but climbing. The program is in a good place. We are experiencing things we never had. Embrace it, and expect-want more. But I just hate the unrealistic shit. Can’t just strike a match and expect miracles. Climbing outta hell is going to take time, one step at a time. I’m happy to see progress, and embrace it.
Next season is going to be HUGE going forward

Reactions: Backer cutter
with the portal activity, Coen, etc, I think we should be cautiously optimistic about 2023. Schedule is definitely tougher, but here's how I see it:

-Three wins to start
-At candy should not be considered a gimme, but we should be fully focused after the 2022 debacle.
-I like our chances against Florida at home. At this point, they would have already played @Utah and UT at home. I think they split those games at best. They'll be hungry after two straight losses to us, but I like the mojo Stoops has against Florida.
-Probably not winning in Athens. Their schedule is CAKE next year. The good news for us is that they play archival auburn the week prior (no advantage for us as we play Florida). A loss is coming.
-Mizzou: I view this as a tossup. Look out. They play us tough (though we usually win) and we're coming off of two huge games against Georgia and Florida. I see a win, but it's tough.
-Tennessee: Until I see a win over a quality UT team, I can't believe it. They're rolling. Loss.
-@ Miss state: I think we get off the Schneid here. They're coming off of a tough two game stretch of Auburn and Arky. We haven't won in Starkville in ages, but this is the seventh best job / situation in the SEC west and they have a new young coach. They're moving away from Air Raid and bringing in the Appy state oc. We have had great success against Appy State coaches ;). WIN
-Alabama: Whoo boy. Would love to see a win here. I don't think it's off the table depending on how each team's season is going. Can't predict a win, but I don't think it's impossible here. LOSS
-@SC: I think this will be the most disappointing game of the season. Tough to get up for a trip to Columbia after Alabama at home (and two big games against UT and MSU before that). Ratliff is back and Beamer seems to have figured out the UK hex. LOSS
-@UL: Big swing game. I think this is important for stoops to start out on the right foot against their golden boy. Tougher than usual, but I'll predict a win and a five game winning streak in the series.

Prediction as of Jan 2023: 8-4 with losses to UGA, UT, Alabama, and South Carolina.

with the portal activity, Coen, etc, I think we should be cautiously optimistic about 2023. Schedule is definitely tougher, but here's how I see it:

-Three wins to start
-At candy should not be considered a gimme, but we should be fully focused after the 2022 debacle.
-I like our chances against Florida at home. At this point, they would have already played @Utah and UT at home. I think they split those games at best. They'll be hungry after two straight losses to us, but I like the mojo Stoops has against Florida.
-Probably not winning in Athens. Their schedule is CAKE next year. The good news for us is that they play archival auburn the week prior (no advantage for us as we play Florida). A loss is coming.
-Mizzou: I view this as a tossup. Look out. They play us tough (though we usually win) and we're coming off of two huge games against Georgia and Florida. I see a win, but it's tough.
-Tennessee: Until I see a win over a quality UT team, I can't believe it. They're rolling. Loss.
-@ Miss state: I think we get off the Schneid here. They're coming off of a tough two game stretch of Auburn and Arky. We haven't won in Starkville in ages, but this is the seventh best job / situation in the SEC west and they have a new young coach. They're moving away from Air Raid and bringing in the Appy state oc. We have had great success against Appy State coaches ;). WIN
-Alabama: Whoo boy. Would love to see a win here. I don't think it's off the table depending on how each team's season is going. Can't predict a win, but I don't think it's impossible here. LOSS
-@SC: I think this will be the most disappointing game of the season. Tough to get up for a trip to Columbia after Alabama at home (and two big games against UT and MSU before that). Ratliff is back and Beamer seems to have figured out the UK hex. LOSS
-@UL: Big swing game. I think this is important for stoops to start out on the right foot against their golden boy. Tougher than usual, but I'll predict a win and a five game winning streak in the series.

Prediction as of Jan 2023: 8-4 with losses to UGA, UT, Alabama, and South Carolina.
We will bitch slap the Cocks next year

This year was an outlier due to a horrific offensive line, injuries and what turned out to be a dud at the OC position. If we get an above average OC and replace Levis with someone equivalent then I see 9-3 as a possibility all day.

WIN Ball State
WIN Eastern Kentucky
WIN Akron
WIN at Vanderbilt (This year was a fluke)
WIN Florida (home advantage)
LOSS at Georgia
WIN Missouri (home advantage)
BYE
LOSS Tennessee
POSSIBLE WIN at Mississippi State
LOSS Alabama
TOSS UP at South Carolina
WIN at Louisville

To me that's 7 definitive wins, one probable win and a toss up. Could all of that go to pot and end up 5-7 or 6-6.....yep, but I don't think that is the probable scenario based on Stoops history so far.
Good summary. I agree with your game by game projection. The situation was pretty doom and gloom when the OP started this thread. I initially thought 6-6 would be our ceiling; now I consider 6-6 to be the floor.

I now consider 9-3 to be our best case ceiling for the 23 season. I would be thrilled if we could do better than that.

Big year for CMS and future of program.

A decade in, its shit or get off the pot time. CMS has been an overall success up til now but I think he and the program are flirting with stagnation.

Really need some sort of a “next step” momentum indicator that shows there is some movement forward and potential.

That can be several things, chief among them 10 regular season wins. If not that I think 8-9 wins but a big upset v UGA or Bama would suffice.

Having a guy like Will Levis going in the first 5-10 picks is huge. A continuation of some individuals popping off and getting some post season award and NFL buzz would be big too. I think the best potential for that is the WR crew.

The schedule sets up to do a bit more than CMS did this and even last year. Our OOC has been and always will be worthless on every level across the board from fan, media, recruit interest etc to helping the team in any significant competitive way. We get Vandy, SC, and Mizzou every year too. Yeah they are SEC programs and there are no guarantees in this conference but I think overall they are reliably beatable. Florida is down and as beatable as they have ever been.

We just dont have the headcoach for the unexpected, big-game upsets..

Hard to put my finger on it, why not, but when have we really seen it with Stoops?

He wins (mostly) when he is suppose to…. Toss ups are toss ups, then loses when he is suppose to …

Maybe this year will be different?! Hope so…

-Three wins to start

Our schedule for 23 is garbage, but not entirely our fault. We had OU scheduled as our opener with a return in 24. SEC offices told us to cancel so it wouldn't interfere with conference scheduling for 24. Hard to get a game in SEPT for the next season. So Middle TN. Stepped up.

Our schedule for 23 is garbage, but not entirely our fault. We had OU scheduled as our opener with a return in 24. SEC offices told us to cancel so it wouldn't interfere with conference scheduling for 24. Hard to get a game in SEPT for the next season. So Middle TN. Stepped up.
@ Auburn, vs. Florida, @ Tennessee is more difficult than every B1G team’s schedule. Wouldn’t listen to goofballs.

Reactions: CatPatrick13
@ Auburn, vs. Florida, @ Tennessee is more difficult than every B1G team’s schedule. Wouldn’t listen to goofballs.

Florida game is still in Jax too, we may be on the last contract for that. Got you guys at home, good chance you will be undefeated again too.

He wins (mostly) when he is suppose to…. Toss ups are toss ups, then loses when he is suppose to …
But he has shifted that line of when he is supposed to win, from a couple of MAC schools a year to 4-0 OOC and 50/50 in the SEC.

Not the mountain top, but a good staging area for the final ascent!

Reactions: backinky2018
It will be very interesting to see how CBS deals with Little Ten AND SEC teams next year. Of course the SEC will probably get more favorable time slots since CBS gets the crappy Little Ten games I think.

But he has shifted that line of when he is supposed to win, from a couple of MAC schools a year to 4-0 OOC and 50/50 in the SEC.

Not the mountain top, but a good staging area for the final ascent!
Well, good coaches surround themselves with great staff — this is my only hope for Stoops…

Watch out for the blue raiders grumpy lol.

That should lure CBS (or whoever is our Network in ‘23) for the game of the week.

No. 1 versus No. 12-15ish.

Our coaches look at things the same way. I think Kirby may have loosened the reins on Monken some but he still likes protecting the defense. But hard to complain within results and the recruits seem to like it too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT