ADVERTISEMENT

2023 Schedule

Who exactly do we lose other Rodriguez and Levis? Two spots that can easily be filled by the portal. Square? Missed several games this year. Jones? Missed half the season. Tayshawn Manning? We have 18 guards on the roster. Robinson? We have 8 slot receivers on the roster. Aijan? We get our best two safeties (Tisdale and Geiger) back from season ending surgery.
Relatively small senior class in fact. Horsey is coming back and hopefully playing guard where he belongs.

Rodriguez is a beast to bring down, but he has average speed, not a great pass catcher and struggles picking up blitzes. We can find another bruising running back in the portal. Our last two running backs have been “the greatest running back in school history”.

Rodriguez is a beast to bring down, but he has average speed, not a great pass catcher and struggles picking up blitzes. We can find another bruising running back in the portal. Our last two running backs have been “the greatest running back in school history”.

Lol.

Concerning " who we lose", I feel UK loses a key player or two to the Portal unless UK can get some high end portal guys here first. With Stools hands all over this type of Ball control offense just can't see guys wanting to come to UK to do that.

Reactions: SaltyCat22
Concerning " who we lose", I feel UK loses a key player or two to the Portal unless UK can get some high end portal guys here first. With Stools hands all over this type of Ball control offense just can't see guys wanting to come to UK to do that.

I don’t care what Brown said on TikTok he and his family will make a business decision at the end of the season. Go somewhere that can showcase his talents for his pro career or stay here and waste away.
NIL money isn’t going to make a difference.

A couple of other players are going to make this same decision at the end of the year. I think it has the potential to be very bad.

Will be a nice 4-0 start. If you buy season tickets make sure to price the Bama and Tennessee tickets to sell before we lose to Florida in week five. Gotta make a healthy profit for the Florida tickets while people getting drunk on hype and blue koolaid.

Who exactly do we lose other Rodriguez and Levis? Two spots that can easily be filled by the portal. Square? Missed several games this year. Jones? Missed half the season. Tayshawn Manning? We have 18 guards on the roster. Robinson? We have 8 slot receivers on the roster. Aijan? We get our best two safeties (Tisdale and Geiger) back from season ending surgery.
Relatively small senior class in fact. Horsey is coming back and hopefully playing guard where he belongs.
Yes. You lose a first team All SEC RB, a top 5 pick at quarterback, no biggie

The young offensive skill guys will be scattering like a room full of cockroaches when the light is turned on. Gonna get ugly.

Just stop.

You do realize that Arod is maybe the only player on our roster that would have started on EVERY team in the SEC, Bama and UGA included. If we get a running back from portal you can say that about I will eat my hat.

Reactions: megablue
Also at home, Fla,Bama, UT and Misouri. With road trips to SC,MSU, Ga.and UL. With who we lose staring down a 4,5 win season if we lucky
Next year’s schedule is much tougher.
I agree … 7 wins might be absolute ceiling, even with good replacements for CROD and Levis.

Last edited:
Must beat Missouri at home. Win one of UofL, USC, MSU on the road. Then we can make a rap song about going to the Liberty Bowl like Da Ville did back in the day.

Reactions: Greezy Kreek
We replace the greatest running back with the greatest collective group of receivers and TE’s we’ve ever had.
Also, will Jefferson be recovered from his knee injury and able to play more than two plays next year. If he’s healthy, he could be the featured back.

Next year’s schedule is much tougher.
I agree … 7 wins might be absolute ceiling, even with good replacements for CROD and Levis.
It's not all that much tougher. We lose Ole Miss as the rotating opponent, and get Alabama. That's bad, but we lost to Ole Miss, anyway. The worst thing that can happen against Alabama is that we lose that one, too. The bigger problem is that we get Miss. St. in Starkville, not Lexington. That game could very well be a "flip" to the L column. Otherwise, how is our schedule any tougher? The OOC is crap as usual, and the rest of the SEC schedule is basically the same. Florida will be probably be better than they were in 2022, Tennessee might be worse, Georgia will surely be as good as always, etc.

Reactions: Cat_Man_Blue
This year was an outlier due to a horrific offensive line, injuries and what turned out to be a dud at the OC position. If we get an above average OC and replace Levis with someone equivalent then I see 9-3 as a possibility all day.

WIN Ball State
WIN Eastern Kentucky
WIN Akron
WIN at Vanderbilt (This year was a fluke)
WIN Florida (home advantage)
LOSS at Georgia
WIN Missouri (home advantage)
BYE
LOSS Tennessee
POSSIBLE WIN at Mississippi State
LOSS Alabama
TOSS UP at South Carolina
WIN at Louisville

To me that's 7 definitive wins, one probable win and a toss up. Could all of that go to pot and end up 5-7 or 6-6.....yep, but I don't think that is the probable scenario based on Stoops history so far.

IMO odd year schedules are always harder...trips to Columbia, Starkville, & Louisville, and pick up tough SEC West school.

The Sept schedule looks like it was designed by a very very smart person. who knew UK would be breaking in a 1st year starting QB. (At least 1st year starting in Lexington)

Love CRod, but he ain't irreplaceable. Nobody would consider him among the 15 or 20 best RBs in CFB. Running back ought to be an extremely easy position to fill. Hell, guy who might be the best RB in the SEC was a 3 star nobody true freshman at Ole Miss.

If your scared about UK running the ball in 2023 because of lack of development of guys behind CRod.....well....you just explained to yourself why Settle was fired.

Reactions: JasonRDunn
Who exactly do we lose other Rodriguez and Levis? Two spots that can easily be filled by the portal. Square? Missed several games this year. Jones? Missed half the season.
We lose
Chauncey Magwood
Chris Lewis
DeMarcus Harris
Tyrell Ajian
Brendan Bates
Justice Dingle
Colin Goodfellow
Ken Horsey
Jaquez Jones
Will Levis
Rashawn Manning
Chance Poore
Tayvion Robinson
Chris Rodriguez
Matt Ruffolo
Keidron Smith
Kavosiey Smoke
Deandre Square
Keaton Upshaw
JJ Weaver
Quintin Wilson
Jordan Wright

And still counting. Watch the portal.

The leaving group includes all of our starting linebackers, our best cover corner, our best offensive lineman, nearly all of our receiver depth besides the two top starters, and one of the best running backs in school history.

Reactions: sambowieshin
IMO odd year schedules are always harder...trips to Columbia, Starkville, & Louisville, and pick up tough SEC West school.

The Sept schedule looks like it was designed by a very very smart person. who knew UK would be breaking in a 1st year starting QB. (At least 1st year starting in Lexington)

Love CRod, but he ain't irreplaceable. Nobody would consider him among the 15 or 20 best RBs in CFB. Running back ought to be an extremely easy position to fill. Hell, guy who might be the best RB in the SEC was a 3 star nobody true freshman at Ole Miss.

If your scared about UK running the ball in 2023 because of lack of development of guys behind CRod.....well....you just explained to yourself why Settle was fired.
You seriously don't think C Rod is one of the top 15 or 20 in CFB? An astonishing assertion.

I only buy season tickets in odd years because the home schedule is much better also.

But not top 20…did you suffer a concussion last night!!

It's not all that much tougher. We lose Ole Miss as the rotating opponent, and get Alabama. That's bad, but we lost to Ole Miss, anyway. The worst thing that can happen against Alabama is that we lose that one, too. The bigger problem is that we get Miss. St. in Starkville, not Lexington. That game could very well be a "flip" to the L column. Otherwise, how is our schedule any tougher? The OOC is crap as usual, and the rest of the SEC schedule is basically the same. Florida will be probably be better than they were in 2022, Tennessee might be worse, Georgia will surely be as good as always, etc.
See lots of ifs, probablys and wishful thinking. No mention of we play u6 away next year. I think we're looking at 4-8 at best next year.

Reactions: Backer cutter
See lots of ifs, probablys and wishful thinking. No mention of we play u6 away next year. I think we're looking at 4-8 at best next year.
If we go 4-8, it's because we would have sucked, not because of a tough schedule. Playiing u6 on the road is of no matter. We've won the last three there. Home field is pretty neutralized in this series, at least over the past 20 years.

I’m trying to get myself to adopt a 2-year mindset. Unless we do really well in the portal, I’m just hoping we escape a disaster in 2023 and then set up for a great 2024. We’ll have a more favorable schedule and (by then) a lot of experienced talent (if we can hang on to them) from the last 2 classes.

I think next year is going to be tough. I’m trying to convince myself to be pleased with 7-5 and can see 6-6. Please don’t let it be worse than that! For context I predicted 9-3 for both of the last 2 seasons, so I’m not a negative Nancy. Trying to think of next year as a bridge year to 2024.

I get the pessimistic attitude after this year, I really do. You’re pushing it though. Calm down and go golfing or something. We will be at least as good as this year, I’m betting better by a lot. Your post of late are cringe worthy depressing. Get laid, better yet, allow a seduction. She’s right there man. Scoop it up.

I get the pessimistic attitude after this year, I really do. You’re pushing it though. Calm down and go golfing or something. We will be at least as good as this year, I’m betting better by a lot. Your post of late are cringe worthy depressing. Get laid, better yet, allow a seduction. She’s right there man. Scoop it up.
Just trying to look at the squad and project. No way we will be as good as this year and especially better by a lot. Sorry if my "opinion" depresses you. Now if Stoops hires an oc and let's him feed the studs on the team you may be right . Just don't see it no matter who the new guy is.

Reactions: Backer cutter
CRod had a great year given the oline he ran behind constantly grinding out the extea yard or two after contact. Had it been a true Big Blue Wall up front his numbers would have been great and he avoided the fumbles. UK at 7-5 next year would be progress with that schedule vs a setback this year. The D will be the key with a lot of close wins.

Reactions: sluggercatfan
Just trying to look at the squad and project. No way we will be as good as this year and especially better by a lot. Sorry if my "opinion" depresses you. Now if Stoops hires an oc and let's him feed the studs on the team you may be right . Just don't see it no matter who the new guy is.
Your post didn’t depress me in the least. I’m just optimistic about UK football, still think we haven’t reached a ceiling under Stoops. Every year can’t be a rabbit leap over the last year, it’s not realistic. Two steps forward, one step back. That’s realistic for me. That’s a scenario I’m looking for. Total pessimism is not where the program is. It’s just not.

Reactions: CaptainBoogerBuns
ADVERTISEMENT