ADVERTISEMENT

2023 4* C Ugonna Kingsley Receives A FutureCast Prediction To Kentucky.

Nice, fill the pipeline knowing that some will commit and some will land elsewhere. No matter what, the pipe must be full of 4* & 5* guys with serious interest by UK.

Reactions: Zissou87
Committed
Dillingham
Sheppard

Still in the mix for
Wagner Jackson
Kingsley Bradshaw
Booker
Edwards Holland Stojakovic
Plus a few others

Need 3-4 more of these guys

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Which guys do you feel the best about UK getting?
Right now, I like Kingsley, Bradshaw, Ian Jackson to be Cats.

They have made up ground for Holland and Edwards and can see them getting one of them in that category of 4th who could move up possibly.

Xavier Booker is one they are trying like hell to get--really put on fullcourt press last Month but think they are playing catch up personally. Hope that changes.

DJ Wagner is one the UK staff feels they will land more than I or most people/fans do. So hope they are correct, but I'll take Dillingham/Ian Jackson (Jackson to '23 is what I think happens if DJ goes to UofL) duo any day of the week. Throw in Reed Sheppard too who is going to be a really good player who has a great understanding how to play with other talented guys/pick spots when to defer/when to take his shots (underrated aspect entering CBB) and love how his AAU team plays...excited for his future.

Right now, I like Kingsley, Bradshaw, Ian Jackson to be Cats.

They have made up ground for Holland and Edwards and can see them getting one of them in that category of 4th who could move up possibly.

Xavier Booker is one they are trying like hell to get--really put on fullcourt press last Month but think they are playing catch up personally. Hope that changes.

DJ Wagner is one the UK staff feels they will land more than I or most people/fans do. So hope they are correct, but I'll take Dillingham/Ian Jackson (Jackson to '23 is what I think happens if DJ goes to UofL) duo any day of the week. Throw in Reed Sheppard too who is going to be a really good player who has a great understanding how to play with other talented guys/pick spots when to defer/when to take his shots (underrated aspect entering CBB) and love how his AAU team plays...excited for his future.
Dillingham
Jackson
Sheppard
Bradshaw
Kingsley

That’s a killer class.

Let’s just keep offering and players will come, just can’t wait until half their senior year is over before offering. Lock 23 up early minus the transfers Cal now loves and start working on 24.

There’s something here with Kingsley. Graf put in a prediction this week and Branham put in a high confidence prediction yesterday(Saturday). I’m interested in seeing if more news comes out surrounding these predictions and/or his recruitment in general.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
I'd expect another player or 2 to be added to that as well. Explain why later.

I tried to wait.....

jNGYrEg.jpg

I have heard he may reclass and join the 22-23 squad and declare for the ‘23 draft.
I think this has been explained before on this message board, but I don't remember. So, I'll ask you and maybe you will take a minute to explain it again if you know: How does reclassification from a high school junior to a high school senior impact NBA draft eligibility? Does it mean a kid can enter the draft quicker or does it really have no impact on draft eligibility?

Reactions: bucsrule8872
I think this has been explained before on this message board, but I don't remember. So, I'll ask you and maybe you will take a minute to explain it again if you know: How does reclassification from a high school junior to a high school senior impact NBA draft eligibility? Does it mean a kid can enter the draft quicker or does it really have no impact on draft eligibility?
If you reclass and are 18 before January 1st you are able to enter the draft a year earlier yes

You have to be 19 AND 1 year removed from HS graduation, so reclassification is important.

For Kingsley in particular, if he can graduate this year (‘22) he would be eligible for the ‘23 draft because he will be 19 in ‘23.

You have to be 19 AND 1 year removed from HS graduation, so reclassification is important.

For Kingsley in particular, if he can graduate this year (‘22) he would be eligible for the ‘23 draft because he will be 19 in ‘23.
Thanks. That information is definitely important. If a kid comes in with both him and UK knowing he’s there at least 2 years, the chances increase that the team ends up with a better player that 2nd year than a traditional OAD.

I’m making an assumption, of course, that a college program will accelerate the players development; but there are other factors – psychological, social, maturity, etc. – that may make the move a bad idea for a players’ development. But having them for 2 years is obviously a big deal – and would most likely be the deciding factor for me on taking a reclassification over another recruit (although I might still take a "one-year" reclassification for depth).

Reactions: bucsrule8872
From everything that I have read, it’s starting to really pay off adding Coach O and Chin to our coaching staff. They are doing an excellent job recruiting which isn’t at all surprising.
Mr. Call, as an aside to your recruiting related post. Let’s assume that a coaching staff was good at identifying what I’ll call “non-OAD” high school players with a lot of perceived potential to end up being really good college players as upperclassmen – the kind that are All-conference, maybe occasionally even All-american type upperclassmen. Would you prefer a recruiting strategy that targeted 2 or 3 of those types to go along with 1 or 2 OADs each year, or one that just attempted to get the 4 or 5 OADs? Which strategy do you think would result in the better team year-in-and-year-out? And I have my opinion on this, but it’s just my opinion and I’m legitimately asking for discussion and thought, not for more of the mind-numbing Calipari arguments and narratives (which I've noticed you don't seem to engage in).

Yeah, Matt didn't wanna elaborate on it either, but it was clear he was talking about Kingsley because a caller asked about him reclassing. He said it needs to be kept quiet or else it might not happen, whatever that means.

Mr. Call, as an aside to your recruiting related post. Let’s assume that a coaching staff was good at identifying what I’ll call “non-OAD” high school players with a lot of perceived potential to end up being really good college players as upperclassmen – the kind that are All-conference, maybe occasionally even All-american type upperclassmen. Would you prefer a recruiting strategy that targeted 2 or 3 of those types to go along with 1 or 2 OADs each year, or one that just attempted to get the 4 or 5 OADs? Which strategy do you think would result in the better team year-in-and-year-out? And I have my opinion on this, but it’s just my opinion and I’m legitimately asking for discussion and thought, not for more of the mind-numbing Calipari arguments and narratives (which I've noticed you don't seem to engage in).
Personally, I would rather have the 2-3 guys that weren’t one and done mixed in with a few one and done players. Having a ton of one and done guys would mean we have a lot of talent but I’ve always felt like you can’t undervalue the importance of having experienced players on your team. We’ve all seen multiple examples of experienced players getting the best of some of our one and done guys in the past.

Reactions: G-PIP
Personally, I would rather have the 2-3 guys that weren’t one and done mixed in with a few one and done players. Having a ton of one and done guys would mean we have a lot of talent but I’ve always felt like you can’t undervalue the importance of having experienced players on your team. We’ve all seen multiple examples of experienced players getting the best of some of our one and done guys in the past.
We might be wrong, but I agree with you. And I think we're seeing that approach trending with UK somewhat.

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
We might be wrong, but I agree with you. And I think we're seeing that approach trending with UK somewhat.
I hope so. I like that Cal offered Travis Perry and I really hope he commits. I could see that kid being a solid 4 year player for us.

Reactions: G-PIP
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT