ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Depth Chart

Yeah, if Bowden isn't a first rounder my selfish self wishes he would come back and hone his skills at receiver. How about Johnson?
He is 4th year & RSed, so can come back. Bowden projected 3rd round. I don't think he can make the money lost by staying here another year.

He is 4th year & RSed, so can come back. Bowden projected 3rd round. I don't think he can make the money lost by staying here another year.
Johnson coming back is big for us. Bowden was very fortunate to avoid injury this year the way he plays so definitely don't want to lose the money.

Next years Defense is going to be TOUGH. We were absolutely laying some licks on VT yesterday looking like we could play with anyone, and most of these guys are coming back bigger, stronger, and faster next year! Lets go bbn!

Reactions: vikingfer
Next years Defense is going to be TOUGH. We were absolutely laying some licks on VT yesterday looking like we could play with anyone, and most of these guys are coming back bigger, stronger, and faster next year! Lets go bbn!
Oats had a series where he made three tackles. He looked really good. He has better skills than Kash but Kash had the heart of a lion. If Oats can become a leader like Kash that position is in great shape.

Did Bowden do anything this season? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Nah, only had about 300 yards receiving IIRC. He did have decent games against Transfer U and Virginia Tech though. But then Joker had about four receivers that did that well in 07.

We really should be loaded next year, all the returning talent plus we redshirted all of our freshmen. Should be much improved if Wilson comes back strong, and some new freshmen too good not to play. But I think the next year when our two 6.0s become eligible plus two strong freshmen classes is when we are very serious challengers in the east, Florida and Georgia aren't going to go backwards.

But the thing I think (and hope) puts us over the top in 2021 is this very strong class coming in in 2020 having some experience and the kicker being the top rated transfers. I hope we add some more, UK is finally making a name for itself-------in something besides basketball. Should still have some very good RBs here, great lines on both O and D, some top players on the back seven and finally a top QB, hope he lives up to his hype------but if he even comes close we should be good. We even have some quality talent coming in at WR, the TEs are probably already here, just haven't been used much yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: JC CATS
35/44 returning from the bowl 2-deep (that's counting LB as gone) is a helluva stout core to work from. It's a great time to be a fan of UK football.

Reactions: UK_27
Justin Rigg returns, he's a RSjr, did not go thru Senior Day activities. The guy at TE who could be a major contributor is Upshaw.

Our run D needs to improve. VT shredded it with off T slant runs. 6.6 YPC. Someone else did that too - SC, MSU?.

Just for fun here's my projected two deep for next year.

LT- Landon Young / Naasir Watkins / Jake Pope / Deondre Buford
LG- Luke Fortner / Kenneth Horsey / RJ Adams
C- Drake Jackson / Quintin Wilson / Eli Cox
RG- Darrian Kinnard / Austin Dotson
RT- Jeremy Flax / Nick Lewis / John Young
TE- Justin Rigg / Keaton Upshaw / Brenden Bates / Nik Ognenovic
WRX- Bryce Oliver / Demarcus Harris / BJ Alexander / Earnest Sanders
WRY- Allen Dailey / Akeem Hayes / Kalil Branham
WRF- Clevan Thomas / Michael Drennen / Tae Tae Crumes
WRZ- Josh Ali / Isaiah Epps / Izayah Cummings
QB- Terry Wilson / (Joey Gatewood) / Sawyer Smith / Nik Scalzo / Beau Allen / Amani Gilmore
RB- AJ Rose / Chris Rodriguez or Kavosiey Smoke / Travis Tisdale / JuTahn McClain / Torrance Davis

DT- (Phil Hoskins) / Justin Rogers / AA Fitzgerald / Cavon Butler / Josaih Hayes
NG- Quinton Bohanna /Marquan McCall / Qua Mahone / Octavious Oxendine
DE- Josh Paschal / Kordell Looney / Davoan Hawkins / Isaiah Gibson / Tre'Vonn Rybka
Jack- Jordan Wright / Xavier Peters or JJ Weaver / Samuel Anaele
SLB- Boogie Watson / Jared Casey / Alex King
MLB- Chris Oats / Marquez Bembry / D'Eryk Jackson
WLB- DeAndre Square / Jamin Davis / KD McDaniel
Nick- Kelvin Joseph / Tyrell Ajian / Jalen Geiger
CB- Brandin Echols / MJ Devonshire / Joel Williams
CB- Cedrick Dort / Jamari Brown / Andru Phillips / Carrington Valentine
SS- Yusuf Corker / Quandre Mosely / Moses Douglass / Rickey Hyatt
FS- Davonte Robinson / Taj Dodson / Vito Tisdale

It will be interesting to see if D Kinnard moves inside to make room for Flax or will Flax start out at OG and keep Kinnard at OT? Where does the transfer Joseph fit in? Echols and Dort played excellent this year and he's a physical guy so I think he may go to Nickel to start out. Does Corker move to SS to make way for Robinson's return? Will Phil Hoskins get a 6th year? Does Gatewood get cleared?

Last edited:
Yeah, if Bowden isn't a first rounder my selfish self wishes he would come back and hone his skills at receiver. How about Johnson?
Johnson? Wes or Zach? ?? Any chance you meant Wilson? Johnson (Stephen, Lonnie, Garrett take your pick) was a year ago.

Last edited:
Reactions: jauk11
Do we only lose 2 starters on offense and 2 on defense ?
Graduating-
TJ Carter (starter)
Kash Daniel (starter)
Jordan Griffin (starter)
Grant McKinniss
Logan Stenberg (starter)
Calvin Taylor (starter)
Ahmad Wagner (starter)
Mason Wolfe

Also leaving-
Lynn Bowden (starter)
Stanley Garner
Shawnkel Knight-Goff
Tra Wilkins
Walker Wood

Phil Hoskins is filing an application for a sixth year of eligibility based on his injury this season. Could go either way.

Graduating-
TJ Carter (starter)
Kash Daniel (starter)
Jordan Griffin (starter)
Grant McKinniss
Logan Stenberg (starter)
Calvin Taylor (starter)
Ahmad Wagner (starter)
Mason Wolfe

Also leaving-
Lynn Bowden (starter)
Stanley Garner
Shawnkel Knight-Goff
Tra Wilkins
Walker Wood

Phil Hoskins is filing an application for a sixth year of eligibility based on his injury this season. Could go either way.
McKinniss still has a year of eligibility

McKinniss still has a year of eligibility
True. McKinniss redshirted in 2017. But there have been multiple reports on UK's website that McKinniss plans to graduate this year. He could still attend grad school and come back for another year of football. So far, though, he has not been listed among the players planning to do that.

I was suspect of Stoops Scheme to have Corker fill weak side B gap but dang that dude became a very sure tackler.

He made wrong run fit early in Belk Bowl opening a long run. Makes life easier when you can play with depth and make tackles at the line of scrimmage.

True. McKinniss redshirted in 2017. But there have been multiple reports on UK's website that McKinniss plans to graduate this year. He could still attend grad school and come back for another year of football. So far, though, he has not been listed among the players planning to do that.
I think it was the CJ that said he didn't participate in senior day activities

The depth on defense -- especially in the front 7 -- is ridiculous. Have never seen the kind of quality 2s (and in some cases, 3s) I'm seeing on that potential depth chart for next season.

Of course, I'm going back to the days when our 2s (and often our 1s) were guys who had MAC schools as their 2nd best offer.

Hell, as I look at it, it's even in the secondary. You've got two 4* (I think) guys in Devonshire and Aijan as likely BACKUPS...and not because they've underachieved. Guys ahead of them are just too damn good for them to leapfrog.

The depth on defense -- especially in the front 7 -- is ridiculous. Have never seen the kind of quality 2s (and in some cases, 3s) I'm seeing on that potential depth chart for next season.

Of course, I'm going back to the days when our 2s (and often our 1s) were guys who had MAC schools as their 2nd best offer.

Hell, as I look at it, it's even in the secondary. You've got two 4* (I think) guys in Devonshire and Aijan as likely BACKUPS...and not because they've underachieved. Guys ahead of them are just too damn good for them to leapfrog.

Plus 4*s like Devonte Robinson coming off injury at Safety, and 4*t 100 CB Kelvin Joseph coming off tranfer year!

Just for fun here's my projected two deep for next year.

LT- Landon Young / Naasir Watkins / Jake Pope / Deondre Buford
LG- Luke Fortner / Kenneth Horsey / RJ Adams
C- Drake Jackson / Quintin Wilson / Eli Cox
RG- Darrian Kinnard / Austin Dotson
RT- Jeremy Flax / Nick Lewis / John Young
TE- Justin Rigg / Keaton Upshaw / Brenden Bates / Nik Ognenovic
WRX- Bryce Oliver / Demarcus Harris / BJ Alexander / Earnest Sanders
WRY- Allen Dailey / Akeem Hayes / Kalil Branham
WRF- Clevan Thomas / Michael Drennen / Tae Tae Crumes
WRZ- Josh Ali / Isaiah Epps / Izayah Cummings
QB- Terry Wilson / (Joey Gatewood) / Sawyer Smith / Nik Scalzo / Beau Allen / Amani Gilmore
RB- AJ Rose / Chris Rodriguez or Kavosiey Smoke / Travis Tisdale / JuTahn McClain / Torrance Davis

DT- (Phil Hoskins) / Justin Rogers / AA Fitzgerald / Cavon Butler / Josaih Hayes
NG- Quinton Bohanna /Marquan McCall / Qua Mahone / Octavious Oxendine
DE- Josh Paschal / Kordell Looney / Davoan Hawkins / Isaiah Gibson / Tre'Vonn Rybka
Jack- Jordan Wright / Xavier Peters or JJ Weaver / Samuel Anaele
SLB- Boogie Watson / Jared Casey / Alex King
MLB- Chris Oats / Marquez Bembry / D'Eryk Jackson
WLB- DeAndre Square / Jamin Davis / KD McDaniel
Nick- Kelvin Joseph / Tyrell Ajian / Jalen Geiger
CB- Brandin Echols / MJ Devonshire / Joel Williams
CB- Cedrick Dort / Jamari Brown / Andru Phillips / Carrington Valentine
SS- Yusuf Corker / Quandre Mosely / Moses Douglass / Rickey Hyatt
FS- Davonte Robinson / Taj Dodson / Vito Tisdale

It will be interesting to see if D Kinnard moves inside to make room for Flax or will Flax start out at OG and keep Kinnard at OT? Where does the transfer Joseph fit in? Echols and Dort played excellent this year and he's a physical guy so I think he may go to Nickel to start out. Does Corker move to SS to make way for Robinson's return? Will Phil Hoskins get a 6th year? Does Gatewood get cleared?

Nice work - hard to argue with much of that at this point.

KD McDaniel has only taken snaps at OLB so far...does he really have the speed/quickness to play WLB/MLB??

As it stands, if Terry comes back healthy, a dynamic WR to blow the top off of defenses is all this team lacks in 2020...that's not to say there isn't one, but there isn't a known commodity at this point.

I've said it every time I see a full or partial depth chart... I am simply AMAZED at the depth of athletes for every position.

ADVERTISEMENT