ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Class

Galbpt02

Gold Member
Oct 13, 2012
I realize the reclassification discussion looms large but below is a real possibility for our 2019 recruiting class. Can you imagine this team with the guys we would return.

2019 Potential Class...

PG - Ashton Hagans (Committed) - if he reclassifies I think we get Lecque
SG - Tyrese Maxey (Committed)
SF - DJ Jeffries (Committed)
PF - Vernon Carey or Matthew Hurt
C - James Wiseman - has said he wants to play with Hagans and Maxey - add teammate Jeffries and we should be able to pull him away from Penny.

That would be the best class Coach Cal has ever pulled in, in my opinion. That does not even factor the other possibilities that we are involved in.

Get er done Coach!!

Reactions: St.PatterSoN-54-
I realize the reclassification discussion looms large but below is a real possibility for our 2019 recruiting class. Can you imagine this team with the guys we would return.

2019 Potential Class...

C - James Wiseman - has said he wants to play with Hagans and Maxey - add teammate Jeffries and we should be able to pull him away from Penny.

That would be the best class Coach Cal has ever pulled in, in my opinion. That does not even factor the other possibilities that we are involved in.

Get er done Coach!!

Hagans will be here for this season, most likely, so I could see it being Lecque, Maxey, Jefferies, Carey, and Wiseman.

There is a chance we get Lewis as well. Cal has been after him for a long, long time.

This will be a large class. Cal will likely sign 7-8 guys at least.

I'd like to see us get heavily involved with Josh Green, and if he's not already locked up, Keion Brooks would be a nice piece too.

I also think we add one or two in-state guys and that we'll find a lower tier big guy to add to Wiseman.

I think the staff's next priority will be landing one of Keion Brooks or Scottie Lewis so they can focus solely on Wiseman/Carey .

2019 Potential Class...

Get er done Coach!!
That would be a class that could win a title, as long as we have 2-3 returning productive players.

Reactions: crpoore
Aren't we heaviy looking into a kid from the state of Kentucky for 2019..Kid killed it in the high school state tournament

Last edited:
Aren' we heaviy looking into a kid from the state of Kentucky for 2019..Kid killed it in the high school state tournament

There are three in-state kids the staff might pursue.

Kyky Tandy, the one you're probably referring to, is a top 150 player who grew up a UK fan, but his father made some public comments about him not having an offer yet and not coming here to sit the bench if we do offer.

David Johnson is a wing from Trinity, top 100 player, that we havent' heard much chatter about.

Dontaie Allen is a 6'6 forward from Pendleton County that led the state in scoring. He's like a top 250 player that the staff has invited to come work out and scrimmage with the team this summer to see how good he is.

Michael Moreno is a good player from Scott County, ranked around the same spot as Allen, also about 6'6 but less of a wing prospect. Don't know of us having any interest in him yet.

There's also Charles Bassey, who is a top 5 kid that moved to Louisville from Texas but will go to WKU because he'll probably never be eligible due to some of his handlers.

Cal's on a war path. He's got his PG and PF for next year, all locked up. This gives him plenty of time to focus in on other key areas and even start on 2020/2021..

Kentucky will have the #1 class in 2019.. and every year until there's a big change in the NBA/PA.. You can mark it down.

Cal's on a war path. He's got his PG and PF for next year, all locked up. This gives him plenty of time to focus in on other key areas and even start on 2020/2021..

Kentucky will have the #1 class in 2019.. and every year until there's a big change in the NBA/PA.. You can mark it down.

Hoping for the top class but should be no worse than second.

2019 Potential Class...

Get er done Coach!!
The idea of signing both Wiseman and Casey in the same class is an internet fantasy. The players say they are receptive, but it won’t actually happen. But I believe you are close. I think UK’s 2019 class will be Hagans, Maxey, Lecque, Jeffries, Wiseman, plus 1 or 2 more forwards not named Carey. And Hagans will reclassify to 2018, as you said.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT