ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NFL Season Thread

lots of Brady hate there. i can top it. if it wasnt for this...
wonderfulcallit11.jpg
the run would have never started.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be a Raider fan and have that play/ruling happen. I'd never get over it.

Pretty bummed that Beast Mode is sitting for the national anthem. He was such a fun player to watch and his antics... from not speaking to reporters, to "we goin to Sizzler!", to his commercials.. were great.

I'm going to chalk it up to Lynch just being Lynch and refusing to do what people tell him to do, instead of taking a political stance.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be a Raider fan and have that play/ruling happen. I'd never get over it.

Was at a hotel in North Carolina....walk out to patio area to find a co-worker, he introduces me to Tom from Vermont. After introducing myself, my co-worker informs me Tom is a Patriots fan(co-worker knows my love for the Raiders). I look at Tom and say, "It was a fumble".

You mean one like the immaculate Deception....:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

took care of your error.

Reactions: Cawood86
Pretty bummed that Beast Mode is sitting for the national anthem. He was such a fun player to watch and his antics... from not speaking to reporters, to "we goin to Sizzler!", to his commercials.. were great.
I'm going to chalk it up to Lynch just being Lynch and refusing to do what people tell him to do, instead of taking a political stance.

As a Raiders fan, doesnt bother me at all. This is the organization that hired the first latino head coach, the first black head coach, and first female CEO in the NFL. Mark Davis isnt his father but, did have Tommie Smith light the eternal flame in Mexico City last year. My take is, these guys are people as well. It's their choice/right to sit. Must be ready to face the consequences/criticism of that decision.

leave it to cincy to run out a coach who consistently wins but isn't winning "enough". reds ran out ole dusty after all those playoff appearances then what? lewis wins every year but it's not enough. you are the bengals, know your place.
The Reds were going to suck regardless of who was the manager. Getting rid of Dusty isn't the reason they couldn't afford their good players.

Lewis did a good job turning the Bengals around and making them respectable and getting them to the playoffs. It's obvious he's held the Bengals back. 0-7 in the playoffs speaks for itself. I'd rather go 4-12 while trying to go 13-3 than being alright with 10-6 and no playoff wins for 2.5 decades.

That being said, I'm excited for the Bengals season. They have a manageable schedule and so far aren't battling many injuries. Last year they lost every close game except the Jets game (lol Jets) and still managed to win 6 games. The Bengals actually outscored their opponents last year. That just shows how bad they were in close games. If they can stay healthy I can see the Bengals getting 10/11 wins this year.

I saw on Twitter that he had been sitting for the anthem for most of his career. I'm not sure if that's true and if it is true I'm not sure the reason for his sitting.

As a Raiders fan, doesnt bother me at all. This is the organization that hired the first latino head coach, the first black head coach, and first female CEO in the NFL. Mark Davis isnt his father but, did have Tommie Smith light the eternal flame in Mexico City last year. My take is, these guys are people as well. It's their choice/right to sit. Must be ready to face the consequences/criticism of that decision.

It's not so much the political stance.. I'd would LOVE to see Kaepernick run into those neo-nazi protests and take down 3 or 4 of those idiots. That'd be great. That's what's needed, actually doing something. But sitting for the anthem? What type of passive-aggressive nonsense is that?

Honestly, Marshawn is one of the last players I would think would pull that. Always struck me as the type of guy who just wants to play, eat skittles afterwards, and not be bothered.

I saw on Twitter that he had been sitting for the anthem for most of his career. I'm not sure if that's true and if it is true I'm not sure the reason for his sitting.

Ha, it's probably ML being ML. IDK why it's OK in my eyes that he'd sit for the anthem out of just being different and/or lazy.. but I'm much more OK with that than if he all the sudden starts talking (incorrect) political stances. Save that crap for Kaepernick and Chris Long, the limousine liberals of the world.

Ha, it's probably ML being ML. IDK why it's OK in my eyes that he'd sit for the anthem out of just being different and/or lazy.. but I'm much more OK with that than if he all the sudden starts talking (incorrect) political stances. Save that crap for Kaepernick and Chris Long, the limousine liberals of the world.
I think what you bring up about what Marshawn may be doing suggests that it's less about drawing attention to himself where I think that's what Kaepernick was doing. When Kaepernick said he didn't vote I was convinced he was either really dumb and/or just wanting the attention. I get disliking both candidates, but at least endorse someone that you would want to win, not even Trump or Hillary. Endorse someone you believe in and I'm sure others would've followed. Doing what he did ultimately cost himself a job in the NFL.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
This HAS to be the explanation, especially considering he allegedly has never stood for the anthem.

I just can't imagine him of all people being political at all.

Same old Bengals in the RedZone, conservative running without much going then try to throw. Second interception of the game. Lewis and Dalton suck.

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Man.

I'm glad I stopped emotionally investing in the Bengals after the playoff meltdown of 2015. Hopefully they win 2 games and farrrrrrrrr the shit out of sorry ass Marv.

I spent more time laughing at them than being angry today.

Reactions: warrior-cat
Crazy stat. Ben Roethlisberger is now the all time leader in games won as a starting QB IN GAMES PLAYED IN CLEVELAND since they came back as an expansion franchise. Derek Anderson won 10 games at home in his 4 years in Cleveland. Ben is now 11-2 in Cleveland.

Last edited:
Reactions: It'saDoneDeal
I always thought Dalton got a raw deal from a lot of Bengals fans but my God he looks awful. Houston has a good D but he missed some easy throws and just looked totally inept for a guy that's been in the league as long as he's been. No turnovers though, so a nice moral victory there! Meanwhile, DeShaun Watson starts his first game, with one active tight end (a scrub who called up from the practice squad this week) and comes into Cincy and wins. Terrible. Thank God I'm not a fan of this awful franchise.

I always thought Dalton got a raw deal from a lot of Bengals fans but my God he looks awful. Houston has a good D but he missed some easy throws and just looked totally inept for a guy that's been in the league as long as he's been. No turnovers though, so a nice moral victory there! Meanwhile, DeShaun Watson starts his first game, with one active tight end (a scrub who called up from the practice squad this week) and comes into Cincy and wins. Terrible. Thank God I'm not a fan of this awful franchise.
Dalton looked bad tonight again. They're play calling is a direct result of having a worse line than UK's. AJ Green also didn't show up to play today either, which he's done pretty often in primetime.

Yeah, not sure the Bengals are winning many games in their division.. I like the Browns to split at this point and maybe worse.

The good news is that this might be one of the best QB drafts in.. Forever? Bengals will be able to grab someone.

Yeah, not sure the Bengals are winning many games in their division.. I like the Browns to split at this point and maybe worse.

The good news is that this might be one of the best QB drafts in.. Forever? Bengals will be able to grab someone.
Do you think a new QB is really the answer? I don't think so. I am worried that Dalton is starting to worry more about the pressure and that could be causing the bad throws. The offense clearly needs to get better on the offensive line. We also need to get rid of Marvin Lewis. I hope he's got 14 games left.

Honestly don't care anymore. Don't care if they win or lose. Don't care who they draft. Don't who they get as coach. Just don't care anymore. Wasted so much talent with a coach who is more irritating as the days go by. Brown, the owner has allowed this pathetic coach to stay because he doesn't care.
Dalton has the leadership skills of George Costanza. I didn't watch the game or even see a highlight and I won't. Apparently their O-line couldn't block a high school team.
50 years and 5 whole playoff wins and none since 91'. No more for me. Complete waste of time.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mashburned
I'm not sure if Lewis will last to the end of the season. Seems weird to say that since he's never really accomplished anything and has a longer tenure than John Wooden, but they're not winning at Lambeau next week so maybe losing at Cleveland could finally do it. Especially the way they're losing. Eight quarters without a TD. The best offensive play tonight was a lollipop thrown into triple coverage that A.J. Green won a jump ball on. I'd like to see them play the Tolzien-led Colts right now. That'd be a doozy of a game.

Dalton looked bad tonight again. They're play calling is a direct result of having a worse line than UK's. AJ Green also didn't show up to play today either, which he's done pretty often in primetime.

Not to defend him, but there was a clear difference in his role and Hopkins. Houston didn't care who was defending or even try to hide when they passed Hopkins was option 1 and 1a.

Cinci tries to get cute and use AJ as a decoy. I can't imagine being one of the best overall WRs and most likely the most athletic WR in the league and my team is using me as a decoy. That would get me to lose motivation as well.

Then to know his QB might not be able to get him the ball anyway and you have a very uninspired player.

I'm not sure if Lewis will last to the end of the season. Seems weird to say that since he's never really accomplished anything and has a longer tenure than John Wooden, but they're not winning at Lambeau next week so maybe losing at Cleveland could finally do it. Especially the way they're losing. Eight quarters without a TD. The best offensive play tonight was a lollipop thrown into triple coverage that A.J. Green won a jump ball on. I'd like to see them play the Tolzien-led Colts right now. That'd be a doozy of a game.
You're exactly right except for a major, this is the Bengals. I think the last time Marvin was in a contract year he went 4-12. They obviously gave him a new contract. There's no telling what the moron Mike Brown will do.

Letting Zeitler and Whitworth walk in the offseason was a huge mistake. I stayed away from the Bengals in fantasy because I saw them as a 17 ppg type team. They have some work to to average that many points. Their season is done starting out 0-2 against beatable teams at home.

Reactions: BlueRaider22
The Bungles are back! Not sure they really went anywhere because even when they were winning a few more games, they would blow it in the playoffs. I feel like Randy Quaid's character in Major League II.

Cindy has never had anyone as talented as Atkins or AJ Green and have wasted them being there. Eifert is fragile as glass. Dalton's mental make up is like a middle school girl. Lewis is way past being any kind of motivator or leader. They just don't have it. Brown will do nothing and I can truly say that I am done.
They have scored 9 points in two games with a future HOF receiver, 3 very RB's, and a very good red zone TE. They are a completely inept staff and ownership.
I hope not one single person shows up to their next home game.

Do you think a new QB is really the answer? I don't think so. I am worried that Dalton is starting to worry more about the pressure and that could be causing the bad throws. The offense clearly needs to get better on the offensive line. We also need to get rid of Marvin Lewis. I hope he's got 14 games left.

Uhh you better believe that's what I'm banking on as a Jets fan, false hope or not. Lol.

Lewis is gone. There's no way he makes it to next year and as others speculate, he probably won't last into November. So that's step 1.

But yes, you do need to grab a QB and this is the draft to do it. Dalton isn't a bad QB, but he's not mentally tough. Never wins the big games. You can't have that. Honestly you need Rosen who is the opposite of Dalton.

Bengals really just need to wipe the slate clean. Lewis will be first, and Dalton won't be far after. But I absolutely belive a QB change can turn the whole organization around, especially if you couple it with a coaching change that hasn't been done in what, a decade?

Why would they draft a QB when they've got McCarron?

I remember being beyond angry at them for drafting a WR and a RB early in the draft when the OL was easily the teams biggest weakness last year. Plus they let their two best OL's leave in Whitworth and Zeitler.

Feel bad for the Cincy fans. I didn't watch the entire game but Dalton looks awful and the clock management on the last drive was horrible. Why wouldn't you call a TO after dude was tackled in bounds? I think that made it 4th down then there was a false start. Would have been a good time to burn a TO and regroup for a good play-call. Then again, I guess the general consensus is the play-caller is shit.

Uhh you better believe that's what I'm banking on as a Jets fan, false hope or not. Lol.

Lewis is gone. There's no way he makes it to next year and as others speculate, he probably won't last into November. So that's step 1.

But yes, you do need to grab a QB and this is the draft to do it. Dalton isn't a bad QB, but he's not mentally tough. Never wins the big games. You can't have that. Honestly you need Rosen who is the opposite of Dalton.

Bengals really just need to wipe the slate clean. Lewis will be first, and Dalton won't be far after. But I absolutely belive a QB change can turn the whole organization around, especially if you couple it with a coaching change that hasn't been done in what, a decade?
I agree Lewis needs to go. I'd bet money he doesn't get fired during the season. This is his last year on his contract and Mike Brown isn't going to pay to fire Marvin during the season. I think there's a better chance of Marvin coaching next season than there is Marvin getting canned this year as crazy as that sounds.

I don't think getting rid of Dalton is the answer. He's been bad but I think all their problems start up front. Their play calling reflects how they have 0 confidence in their line. My worry is Dalton is panicking and he's never done well when he's been pressured, but if he can get an offensive line that can block consistently he'll be fine. Getting a new QB doesn't slove what I think is their biggest problems: coaching (head coach and oc) and offensive line.

ADVERTISEMENT