ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NFL Season Thread

LineSkiCat14

All-American
Aug 5, 2015
Didn't plan on creating this thread, but seeing reports that my New York Jet's 1st option wide-out is out for the season, practically cementing a 2-win max season and the #1 overall pick.. I figured this is as good as time of any to start talking football.

My season is already over. The Pats will walk to the Superbowl in a division that can't not trip over their own feet. Could the Giants meet them there, and possibly take down Brady for the 3rd time?

Reactions: Wall2Boogie
Dolphins went 10-6 last year and Cutler is exponentially better than anyone the Jets have at QB. We lost Marshall, Decker, and now Quincy from last seasons receiving corps. No more Revis. Our draft picks really haven't panned out. Richardson is a head case. Who is going to throw the ball?

Lots of talk that this team is capable of 0-16. TBH, I'd rather win 0 games than win 4 games.

Edit: Missed what you were quoting. Hahah

Last edited:
wonder if Kaepernick regrets taking his pro Fidel Casto stance last year during his social justice charades now that the Miami job opened up, would have been quite possibly a team desperate enough to take him...but......Miami is 36 percent Cuban, and the kind of Cuban that absolutely hates everything about Castro considering most of their families were effected someway by his regime. oh the irony. I mean Miami was desperate enough to take freaking Cutler.

the Steelers should be good and quite possibly New England's only competition in the AFC.

Reactions: LineSkiCat14
I am very interested this year. A lot of typically bad teams "could" turn it around.

Cleveland, LOL I know, had one helluva draft and could really show something as they completely turned over the defensive side of the ball with really good football players, and the had the cover corners already to make it happen.

Jacksonville, has had 2-3 years of great drafting. Bottles will either handle and succeed or fail and they move on......but their players have a lot of talent!

That is what I like the most about the NFL personally.......the bad teams getting over the hump and becoming competitive.

I hope Tennessee can really keep the improvement going and either take the division or possibly give the playoffs a tough run depending on if they run into New England or not.

Oh and Oakland! Really want to se the black/silver rise again.

The bungles will go as far as the o-line will take them. Given we have a favorable schedule and a day walker as a qb, I see 10-6

Reactions: MegaBlue05
Falcons will beat the Pats.

I actually told everyone at 28-3 that I thought we would lose. So many years of being an ATL/UK fAn.

But I think we get em this year.

Check last years thread... I called it midway thru the year.

The bungles will go as far as the o-line will take them. Given we have a favorable schedule and a day walker as a qb, I see 10-6

Yep. It all depends on the offensive line. The defense has a pretty good chance to be top 10. If the line can give Dalton time, he has weapons he can work with. Dalton can succeed if you surround him with good skill players (like two years ago). I could see anywhere from 6 to 11 wins.

Yep. It all depends on the offensive line. The defense has a pretty good chance to be top 10. If the line can give Dalton time, he has weapons he can work with. Dalton can succeed if you surround him with good skill players (like two years ago). I could see anywhere from 6 to 11 wins.
One can hope. We do have mike brown as an owner though who is 129 yrs old like coach k. I would love to see a bengals championship in my lifetime, or to atleast win one damn playoff game.

One can hope. We do have mike brown as an owner though who is 129 yrs old like coach k. I would love to see a bengals championship in my lifetime, or to atleast win one damn playoff game.

Yep.

I was in fourth grade the last time Cincy won a playoff game. I'm pushing 40 now. The curse of ending Bo Jackson's career must end.

The sad part is the Bengals are as talented as anyone in the NFL, but have a head coach that can't get out of his own way.
They potentially have a couple of future HOF guys in Green and Atkins and have nothing go show for it. As a long suffering fan, I don't expect much.

New England's an overwhelming favorite in Vegas, one of the biggest ever in the preseason. It's tough to imagine anyone beating them in the playoffs. They're in a bad division and will have homefield throughout barring some huge surprise or an injury to Brady. Brandin Cooks gives Brady his best home run threat since Randy Moss, all of the white WRs are back to catch passes underneath and Gronk returns, until he gets hurt again. It doesn't matter who they have at running back, the offense is going to be an absolute machine. They also added a Pro Bowl corner in the offseason. It's them and the field, unfortunately.

NE Offense is almost impossible to stop but it really doesn't have as much to do with Brady as you'd think. He dumps the ball off to workhorse guys, who rarely drop it, within mere seconds. Linebackers and the D-line simply can't get to him fast enough and it's been a huge reason why it's prolonged his career..

Brady's career would be a 1/3rd as impressive and over 5 years ago if he was on, quite literally, almost any other team. Got to hand it to Kraft and Bill B.

Um what?

It's pretty easy to take two different points and chop them down to play an idiot.

Last year, I knew they would choke.

This year, I don't think they will. Is it that hard?

I'm a lifelong ATL fan. What gives you the impression they won't, if they get back to the SB, shit down their legs again?

NE Offense is almost impossible to stop but it really doesn't have as much to do with Brady as you'd think. He dumps the ball off to workhorse guys, who rarely drop it, within mere seconds. Linebackers and the D-line simply can't get to him fast enough and it's been a huge reason why it's prolonged his career..

Brady's career would be a 1/3rd as impressive and over 5 years ago if he was on, quite literally, almost any other team. Got to hand it to Kraft and Bill B.

Not to mention the numerous pick plays they use. Makes receivers look really good.

Reactions: It'saDoneDeal
The sad part is the Bengals are as talented as anyone in the NFL, but have a head coach that can't get out of his own way.
They potentially have a couple of future HOF guys in Green and Atkins and have nothing go show for it. As a long suffering fan, I don't expect much.
Exactly, Lewis is way too conservative but, he knows as long as he wins enough games each year to be in the hunt (playoff not Super Bowl) his job is secure.

Reactions: Cawood86
I'm a lifelong ATL fan. What gives you the impression they won't, if they get back to the SB, shit down their legs again?

Me too. And we go back to Shaw park I believe.

I would hope that they learned some major lessons. Like when you're up 8 with a few minutes left inside field goal range with one of the best kickers, you can literally kneel it three times and kick and win.

But if/when the time comes, I certainly won't be buying super bow champion shirts until the clock reads zeroes.

leave it to cincy to run out a coach who consistently wins but isn't winning "enough". reds ran out ole dusty after all those playoff appearances then what? lewis wins every year but it's not enough. you are the bengals, know your place.

Me too. And we go back to Shaw park I believe.

I would hope that they learned some major lessons. Like when you're up 8 with a few minutes left inside field goal range with one of the best kickers, you can literally kneel it three times and kick and win.

But if/when the time comes, I certainly won't be buying super bow champion shirts until the clock reads zeroes.

Gotcha. I still your bro's updates on FB from time to time. I think he's living down my way in FL now.

I'm pretty pessimistic. I think TB will be more formidable and we are battling to win the division. Carolina could wake up but less concerned for now, about them and NO.

What really concerns me is all things being equal, had NE had Gronk in the SB, I don't think Atl is up 28-3 with the opportunity to blow it.

As for the mistakes, it's silly to say in retrospect, but when they started that second half, my brother was saying they're good and I had a knot in my stomach that prevented me from getting too excited. What I fear most about the SB is if they were to make it back, how does it affect their mentality. Do they tense up? Do they get careless? Again, all assuming they even get that far.

The positives going into this season is the young defense will have SB experience and if they don't have the injury bug, will be top 10. I don't worry about the offense too much but curious to see how different they look without Kyle running it. In the end, I'm glad that cocky fvckboi left.

Reactions: PhattyJ4UK
leave it to cincy to run out a coach who consistently wins but isn't winning "enough". reds ran out ole dusty after all those playoff appearances then what? lewis wins every year but it's not enough. you are the bengals, know your place.
Well, that was nothing.

Bengals fan. They'll either squeak into the playoffs and lose the first game or suck ass all year. Kinda hope it's the second one so maybe they can get a new coach.

As usual, I hope the Steelers go 0-16 and the Ravens finish 2-14.

I will take that means we beat the Steelers twice :)

Steelers go 12-4, sweep the Bungles again, and lose to New England in the AFC Championship game...again.

The Steelers should be better on both sides of the ball this year. The addition of TJ Watt and return of Cam Heyward (their best defensive player injured for the back half of last season) should really help their pass rush. On offense, they get their #2 WR (Montavious Bryant) back from a suspension year add several free agent WRs and #2 draft pick of JuJu Shuster-Smith WR from USC. They now have one of the deepest WR corps and teams will pay if they double team Antonio Brown. Still might not be enough to beat the Pats though.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vandalayindustries
Wow, 6 game suspension for Ezekeil Elliott. I didn't see that one coming. I had heard it would only be 1 game if he was suspended at all.

Are you talking his own teammates or other professional players?

The Steelers should be better on both sides of the ball this year. The addition of TJ Watt and return of Cam Heyward (their best defensive player injured for the back half of last season) should really help their pass rush. On offense, they get their #2 WR (Montavious Bryant) back from a suspension year add several free agent WRs and #2 draft pick of JuJu Shuster-Smith WR from USC. They now have one of the deepest WR corps and teams will pay if they double team Antonio Brown. Still might not be enough to beat the Pats though.

I agree. Very frustrating to say the least knowing the Steelers can't beat the patriots in any scenario. I think they will be the second best team in the league but at the end of the day it doesn't really matter.

Reactions: CatsBy90
Are you talking his own teammates or other professional players?
I'm saying Green and Atkins are possible HOF's. The roster they have now is pretty good, but the coach is the problem. Have had very good talent the last 5-6 years but the coach has failed.

images

lots of Brady hate there. i can top it. if it wasnt for this...
wonderfulcallit11.jpg
the run would have never started.

Not a fan. As a person, he seems like a good guy. But too much BS around his career.

And honestly, that wasn't even when it started.. It all happened because Mo Lewis rolled into Bledsoe ending his season.

ADVERTISEMENT