ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NCAA Tournament Sites

UKUGA

All-American
Jan 26, 2007
Washington metro
So, next year, Wichita is a host site, and Wichita State is the host school. But, it is not their home arena.

So, experts, can Wichita State open there, or do they have to go elsewhere?

Also, there are 1st round games in Nashville (Bridgestone, not Vandy).

Regional sites are Atlanta, LA, Boston, Omaha.

So, there is a path for us to go through Nashville and Atlanta. Or get stuck with something gross like playing Wichita State and Kansas back2back in Omaha.

Final Four is Alamo Dome.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_NCAA_Division_I_Men's_Basketball_Tournament

Last edited:
Reactions: Aike
I'm pretty sure that if they are the host school OR play like 3 or 4 games or more in the arena, they can't play there in the NCAAT.

Reactions: UKUGA
From the article linked:

"Wichita State University will serve as host for the 2021 games. As is the case in 2018, NCAA rules prohibit host schools from playing at their site, so the Shockers will go elsewhere if they qualify for the tournament."

It would be like Memorial being a host site , letting UK play there and acting like there's no advantage. I wish the yum center was a host site every year.

I’d be happy with being in the Atlanta or Boston region. But I know we’ll get Omaha or LA.

Omaha for a Regional Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight site?

Jeezus they really know how to pick em [eyeroll]

Tampa hasn't hosted any NCAA tournament games since 2011. Miami hasn't gotten one in ages either.

New Orleans hasn't hosted since 2012.

Cincinnati hasn't hosted since 1992.

San Francisco/Oakland hasn't hosted since 2006.

But thank god Omaha and Des Moines, Iowa and Buffalo, NY are getting to host it every couple of years

/Rant

Sorry guys

Last edited:
If we are good, we will be in Nashville for 1st/2nd rounds and it'll be a big advantage for us to get to Sweet 16.

The real question is who will be a better seed, us or Duke. If we are both 1 seeds, we both can't play in Atlanta for the Regional. In that case the other team probably goes to Boston. Or if we are a No. 2 seed, it could be us and Duke in Atlanta for a trip to the Final Four. It worked

If we are good, we will be in Nashville for 1st/2nd rounds and it'll be a big advantage for us to get to Sweet 16.

The real question is who will be a better seed, us or Duke. If we are both 1 seeds, we both can't play in Atlanta for the Regional. In that case the other team probably goes to Boston. Or if we are a No. 2 seed, it could be us and Duke in Atlanta for a trip to the Final Four. It worked
I'd rather us be a 1 seed but UK vs Dook in Atlanta for the final 4? Sign me up. It'd be about 18,000 of us vs 2,000 of them.

Written in stone - Dookies 1 seed in Charlotte>Atlanta; Cats #2 in Nashville>Atlanta. Book it, hear me now believe me later, etc.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Villanova has the host site thing down to a science. They play the maximum regular season games allowed at the Wells Fargo Center (76ers arena) hat still allows them to play NCAA Tournament games there. They are also never the host school.

Omaha for a Regional Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight site?

Jeezus they really know how to pick em [eyeroll]

Tampa hasn't hosted any NCAA tournament games since 2011. Miami hasn't gotten one in ages either.

New Orleans hasn't hosted since 2012.

Cincinnati hasn't hosted since 1992.

San Francisco/Oakland hasn't hosted since 2006.

But thank god Omaha and Des Moines, Iowa and Buffalo, NY are getting to host it ever couple of years

/Rant

Sorry guys
Until Cincinnati gets a better arena, there days of hosting are over.

Reactions: blubo
Just because...
12b393cb8846ec54dd930b892eb79809

113282724.jpg

Remember the Alamo!

That was my thought to. Of all of our titles I've seen (4) that was to me the most unlikely, and therefore in some ways the most satisfying. I watched it with a bunch of co-worker's in a sports bar in downtown San Francisco. I was in from Boulder to work with some people in another office out there. The "Comeback Cats". When we were down by 10 at the half I told them all there was no way in ... we would lose to Utah.

ADVERTISEMENT