ADVERTISEMENT

2017 NBA Draft early entries: The biggest names who have declared

*Bleedingblue*

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2009
Bam Adebayo, F, Kentucky
Adebayo initially declared without an agent, but hired one shortly before the declaration deadline of April 24th, bringing an end to his college career. While Adebayo's actual output was up-and-down all season (he averaged 13 points and eight rebounds) part of that was due to inconsistent play - at times - from Kentucky's guards. Regardless, Adebayo should hear his name called in the first round of this year's draft.

Much more here

http://www.foxsports.com/college-ba...-lonzo-ball-jayson-tatum-markelle-felt-032817

Bam to my Lakers with the 28th pick - Be bad ass
Have gone to a ton of mock draft sites since Diallo entered to see if he projected first round anywhere. A good deal of them have Bam going 16 to 19. The perceived weaknesses are not weaknesses. Saw one one national guy say he didn't draw a double team. Lmao wow he was double teamed from the first whistle. One guy said he may play like old Dwight Howard but young DH would jump over him? His vertical is 4 inches better than DH and Blake Griffin. At 39 inches may be top 10 all time for a player 6ft9 or taller. One guy said he didn't over power anyone? What he broke out single season dunk record by overpowering sometimes 2 guys. He is better than they know and the combine will show that. He will go in the teens

So, where did Diallo fall in those projections? Also, Bam's play was inconsistent due to the guard play? Ummm, well maybe somewhat but then he didn't exactly create space for himself well, and was a little undersized in height when facing tall talented opposition. Of course we will never know, but I thought he would have experienced more difficulty with Karnowski and since Cal never developed SKJ, that might have ended up a problem in that game. Hump would have gotten a lot of fouls too.

From playing ball and I played all over the court, as a guard you have to feed the ball into the post when the post player is in a position to make a play. When you see your big man has his defender locked in behind him and he has nobody to his right or left he needs to be fed the ball so he can make a move to the basket. We a lot of times would over look him in those situations and actually feed him the ball when the lane was crowded. We did that all the time at the beginning of the year but it got better as the year went along. Bam could of averaged another 6 points a game if the guards fed him the ball at the proper times for an easy dunk or up and under. 6 points is just 3 fg's so its not unfathomable for him to get another 6 points. Get a foul in their as well and knock down a ft.
I have been saying earlier which is moot right now but I think Bam could average 20/10 next year if he had of come back. Hlopefully SKJ steps up and fills the void of where Bam left off. Those are big shoes to fill though.
If we get Bamba I expect similar rebound numbers and better blocks but less points.

ADVERTISEMENT