ADVERTISEMENT

2017-2018 season prediction

bigbluewildcat84

Sophomore
Apr 6, 2010
My prediction is below. What are your opinion of next year?

@S.Miss- Win
EKU- Win
@USC- Win
Florida- Lose
Mizzu-Win
@ Miss St- Win
Tenn- Lose
Ole Miss- Win
@ Vandy-Win
@Georgia-Win
Looserville-Lose

9-3 Record- My glass is half full.

Reactions: wyldecat

@S.Miss- Win
EKU- Win
@USC- Win
Florida- Lose
Mizzu-Win
@ Miss St- Win
Tenn- Lose
Ole Miss- Win
@ Vandy-Win
@Georgia-Win
Looserville-Lose

12-0, why not go undefeated - lols!

Go Big Blue!

@S.Miss- Win
EKU- Win
@USC- Win
Florida- Lose
Mizzu-Win
@ Miss St- Win
Tenn- Lose
Ole Miss- Win
@ Vandy-Win
@Georgia-Win
Looserville-Lose

I'm going to go a little unconventional with mine, these are subject to change:

@SM - Win, but tough
EKU - Win
@USC - Tight win
UF - Loss
EMU - Win
Mizzou - Win, but tough
@MSU - Loss
UT - Win
Ole Miss - Loss, I think they are being underrated and we'll be artificially high
@Vandy - Tough win, always are down there
@UGA - Loss
UL - Loss

7-5, though obviously we could lose UT and USC. I also think we could beat Ole Miss, MSU, UF, and UL, so this season represents one of the largest "floor vs. ceiling" variability i can remember in a long time. Not completely unrealistic to predict 5-7 or 10-2.

Reactions: The-Hack
The only thing I ever expect is the unexpected, and I'm rarely disappointed.
I do think the bar is 8 wins this year considering the returning talent, redshirts, the schedule, and the upgrades to the coaching staff.
I think this team has great potential to exceed most expectations this season.

@S.Miss- Win
EKU- Win
@USC- Loss
Florida- Loss
Mizzu-Win
@ Miss St- Win
Tenn- Loss
Ole Miss- Win
@ Vandy-Win
@Georgia- Loss
Louisville - Win

7-5.

...What are your opinion of next year?

Just can't go there until Steele hits the stands (June) but, early on, it looks like at least a 7 win regular season. The key to 7 or more will likely be winning the so called 50/50 games.

Peace

@S.Miss- Win
EKU- Win
@USC- Win
Florida- Win
Mizzu- Loss
@ Miss St- Win
Tenn- Loss
Ole Miss- Loss
@ Vandy-Win
@Georgia- Loss
Louisville - Loss

7-5. A better team, and improved program, but also facing better competition. Also, I suspect UK won't be as lucky in the injury department as they have the last few seasons. UK is due to have a handful of starters miss chunks of the season.

And we are due to have the turnover ratio flip back to the mean, and to our advantage.

@S.Miss- Win
EKU- Win
@USC- Win
Florida- Loss (really think we win but I'm not picking us until we do)
Mizzou- Win
@ Miss St- Win
Tenn- Win (toss up)
Ole Miss- Win (toss up)
@ Vandy-Win
@Georgia- Loss (toss up)
Louisville - Loss (toss up)

so 9-3 with a couple of toss ups in there.

@S.Miss- Win
EKU- Win
@USC- Loss (hard to beat a team 4 times in a row)
Florida- loss
Mizzou- win
@ Miss St-loss (miracle win last year & have struggled down there)
Tenn- Loss
Ole Miss- Win
@ Vandy-Win
@Georgia- Loss
Louisville - Loss

I do think Louisville, Florida and Miss St are all toss ups so this team could win 8. I think I said our ceiling was 6 wins and we would likely finish 5-7 or 4-8 last year. I think our ceiling realistically is probably 7 this year but if some things go right 8 or 9 isn't a total stretch. Benny snuck up on some people and we completely changed our offense after Barker went down and we just had a whole lot of breaks go our way last season.

There's just more video out there now and if Johnson is the QB, teams will be a little better prepared for our offense. But, the talent is better so maybe that pushes UK over the top in some of these matchups. I'll just say any record consisting of 5-7, 6-6, or 7-5 would not surprise me or even disappoint me. Anything more or less would surprise me.

We ain't losing to Ole Miss, PhattyJ....

I don't understand the confidence with OM, they could be the best team on your schedule. The 3 upper classes are very good, only the incoming frosh class is weak, the qb is a mobile and accurate passer, they return the best OL in the West, maybe the SEC and a mixture of WR, some big and physical some extremely fast. I can't explain the collapse last year, but in the beginning of the year they were one of the best teams in the country and return much of it. Of course if Freeze can't get the team back they will be like the team at the end last year, if he does they could be 12-0.

@SM - Win, but tough
EKU - Win
@USC - Tight win
UF - Loss
EMU - Win
Mizzou - Win, but tough
@MSU - Loss
UT - Win
Ole Miss - Loss, I think they are being underrated and we'll be artificially high
@UGA - Loss
UL - Loss

7-5, though obviously we could lose UT and USC. I also think we could beat Ole Miss, MSU, UF, and UL, so this season represents one of the largest "floor vs. ceiling" variability i can remember in a long time. Not completely unrealistic to predict 5-7 or 10-2.

I kind of like your predictions but disagree on a couple. I think not only will we be improved but we will be much improved-----unfortunately several of our opponents will be also.

@SM - Win, not that close, payback time.
EKU - Win, not in our league talent wise.
@USC - Tight win, agree, we will be much improved but they will also, and there.
UF - WIN, -------or loss, they still have more talent but closer, and at home.
EMU - Win, don't know much about them..
Mizzou - Win, better than them and at home.
Ole Miss - Loss, but close, still very talented and on the road, can't win them all.
@Vandy - Tough win, always are down there-------but should be favored.
@UGA - Loss------we will be much improved, but so will they, and on the road.
UL ---Win, tough game but one we need to win or lose faith in good over evil.

I actually think we "only" win nine, too tough a schedule and we will get upset in one we should win, or maybe one like Transfer U that we shouldn't win according to preseason predictions. Lots of guesses at this point, if you want my latest prediction on any of the games ask me as soon as the game is over.

Nine wins would help recruiting a great deal, we need steady progress..

@S.Miss- Win
EKU- Win
@USC- Win
Florida- Win
Mizzu- Loss
@ Miss St- Win
Tenn- Loss
Ole Miss- Loss
@ Vandy-Win
@Georgia- Loss
Louisville - Loss

7-5. A better team, and improved program, but also facing better competition. Also, I suspect UK won't be as lucky in the injury department as they have the last few seasons. UK is due to have a handful of starters miss chunks of the season.
If we lose to Mizzou, that would be every bit as disappointing and disheartening as the So. Miss was in 2016. It would arguably be the worst loss of Stoops' career at UK.

@SM - Win, but tough
EKU - Win
@USC - Tight win
UF - Loss
EMU - Win
Mizzou - Win, but tough
@MSU - Loss
UT - Win
@UGA - Loss
UL - Loss

Agree with every one of your picks, except for Louisville and maybe I'm just being overly optimistic about Louisville because I hate them so much. So I would say 8-4, though, like you said, there's a lot of room for error. In fact, if a bunch of things go wrong, we could lose even more than 7.

Predicting the season is a best guess kind of deal. USC was a much better team when they pulled the redshirt off their frosh qb, he is a difference maker and I am not looking forward to playing against him. Missouri is the only team in P5 returning a 3000 yd passer, a 1000 yd rusher and 1000 yd receiver. I don't think they will be real good, but they will be able to move the ball, I think Vandy has the best defensive coach in the conference against a spread offense as their head coach plus one of the best backs in the conference and their career rushing leader. I don't see either of those games as sure wins for us, games we can win, but our margin of error isn't very big, key turnover, penalty at wrong time could be game changing.. I think UK is in that same boat.

Reactions: cat888 and jauk11
@SMU Win
EKU Win
@South Carolina Loss
Florida Loss
EMU Win
Missouri Win
@Mississippi State Loss
Tennessee Loss
Ole Miss Loss
@Vandy Win
@UGA Loss
Louisville Loss

Looking at the schedule it will be tough. The harder games are at home and unless you are a team that can beat the likes of Tennessee and Florida playing them at home is a waste of a home game. Sorry I'm 28, and UK has just never beat those teams throughout my entire life. It would be bettter getting Vandy and Mississippi State at home. I think UK will upset a team or two and make a bowl game, even though I have 5-7 on there I think they have the potential to exceed those expectations.

If we lose to Mizzou, that would be every bit as disappointing and disheartening as the So. Miss was in 2016. It would arguably be the worst loss of Stoops' career at UK.

I don't think so. I actually think they'll be a 6-7 win team next year. They were playing well by the end of last year and return a lot of pieces. I think their offense will be a problem for teams.

I put that as a loss (UT too) because I couldn't have UK winning every toss-up game. IIRC Stoops is roughly .500 in one-score games.

@SMU Win
EKU Win
@South Carolina Loss
Florida Loss
EMU Win
Missouri Win
@Mississippi State Loss
Tennessee Loss
Ole Miss Loss
@Vandy Win
@UGA Loss
Louisville Loss

Looking at the schedule it will be tough. The harder games are at home and unless you are a team that can beat the likes of Tennessee and Florida playing them at home is a waste of a home game. Sorry I'm 28, and UK has just never beat those teams throughout my entire life. It would be bettter getting Vandy and Mississippi State at home. I think UK will upset a team or two and make a bowl game, even though I have 5-7 on there I think they have the potential to exceed those expectations.

"The harder games are at home and unless you are a team that can beat the likes of Tennessee and Florida playing them at home is a waste of a home game. Sorry I'm 28, and UK has just never beat those teams throughout my entire life"

Then you must have slept through the 2011 season when we started a WR at QB

@S.Miss- Win
EKU- Win
@USC- Lose
Florida- Lose
EMU-Win
Mizzu-Win
@ Miss St- Lose
Tenn- Lose
Ole Miss- Win
@ Vandy-Win
@Georgia-Lose
Looserville-Lose

Over the years, it seems our success is related to where we play swing games. IMO, those are include USC, Ole Miss, MSU, ul and Vandy. I see the difference between w/l last season partly due to playing at CWS vs USC and MSU. Playing them on the road may be the difference.
I'll say 6-6 with a range of 5-7 to 8-4

7-9 win range.

I would LOVE to go 8-4 or 9-3 with a win over Florida......you'd probably have a healthy recruiting class by default.

Reactions: jauk11
S, Miss, Eku, Usc, Fl, Emu Missu, Miss St, Vandy and kicking the pooh out of louisville, Losing to Tn, maybe, Geo, and Ole Miss 9 - 3.... Go Big Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here's my shot

@S.Miss- W
EKU- W
@USC jr.- W
Florida- W
EMU-W
Mizzu-W
@ Miss St- W
Tenn- L
Ole Miss- L
@ Vandy-W
@Georgia-L
UL-L

8-4

Great start to the season in my projection with a familiar fade down the stretch. I could see worst case 6 wins with the best case being 10. Only teams I feel like we can't beat are Georgia and U of L. Though we did beat them last year, it'll be hard to repeat. Either way excited to see what the football Cats do this fall. I think Stoops will easily have his best season in Lexington.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT