ADVERTISEMENT

2015 vs Wiscy, the screw job: still pissed at the stripes, roofaree!

howercat

Senior
Gold Member
Aug 14, 2007
Just happened to see it in YouTube, rewatched last 3 minutes. Uk was up 60-58.
some key plays where uk got screwed by the stripes.

I have never gone back and reviewed the last 3 minutes before, and just had no idea had bad it was. Uk was screwed of its 9th and it was given to Dook that year!

Fed post to Towns, goes to the basket, gets raked, no call on the foul! Choked on their whistles.. Instead shot clock violation. Uk should have shot 2 free throws and been up 4.

Next possession: the infamous put back by Wisconsin, after shot clock ran out! Not one single officials calls the violation! Choked on their whistles again! Instead of tie game, uk should have been up 62-58. But now its 60-60.
Roofaree i think was on the base line, clear as day, just chokes on it.

Next uk possession, flop on Wisconsin, uk player barely touches him stepping into the lane! Foul on uk! Should have been a no call or a block, uk should have been up 64-58 after free throws. Instead Decker hits 3 to go up 63-60.

Wisconsin gets ball back after Harrison miss! Goes to the basket: foul on Harrison, doesn't even touch the Wisconsin player: Decker. ABSOLUTE BS CALL! Decker puts them up 64-60, when it should be 64-58 uk.

Next play for uk, great 3 point play be Harrison. Brings uk within 64-63

Another bs call against Kat, no foul on Kaminsky, drop step and missed bucket,, Roofaree again with bs call with 24 sec to play. Should have been a uk rebound, just good D was called a foul. Kaminsky puts them up 66-63

Uk valiant effort , but can't recover from the roofaree and screw job.

I am still pissed!

Pat Adams fiscal disclosure's will no doubt show Vega$ deposits in 2015...

uFaq7PM.png

John Higgins was a regular at the FInal Four but hasn't been around lately. Finally figured out he is an asshat.

Reactions: jmw23712
zebras did not force the shot clock violations and wild heaves to beat the clock.
zebras did not force begok to let players avoid feeding KAT the ball.
zebras did not force booker and ulis to sit the bench on the offensive end.

face it--begok defecated all over himself at crunch time and played AFRAID to lose--and he LOST.

rr

Reactions: catzcan
Yeah, Cal could’ve coached better, BUT, we did get screwed in that game. I’ve watched the game in its entirety several times. It’s not just the last 2 minutes. The officiating was one sided the whole game.

We had 3 or 4 foul calls that should’ve been and 1s. Every single one of them were called on the floor, where we got no FTs. Wisconsin had at least 3 and 1s that resulted in 3 points each time. Not to mention, the play where the Wisconsin player saved the ball back inbounds, picked it up and scored a layup. That was a clear violation as well.

There’s several more, don’t feel like going into it further. It was clearly one sided all night.

Greatest amount of wins vs loss record in college history without winning the national championship.

Let's be honest, if the refs were that determined to screw us over in the Wisconsin game, then why didn't they call anything on the famous Lyles play?

Idk but that was literally the only call that went our way all night. I am being honest. Everyone knows I’m the furthest thing away from a Cal apologist there is. However, it was totally one sided.

I’ve watched the game at least ten times. I think people need to go back and watch that game again and refresh themselves. Hell, look at the FT disparity. Was like 22-10 and we only shot five 3s the whole game. Two of those were within the last minute of the game.

Last edited:
Cals coaching/stall ball, plus no show WCS and the Twins ball hogging lost that game. UK had no game plan, committed shot clock violations, no prep, no inbound plays and Cal was outcoached, especially down the stretch. Early version of St Peter's, they were lucky to beat ND the game before.

Reactions: blue woman
Idk but that was literally the only call that went our way all night. I am being honest. Everyone knows I’m the furthest thing away from a Cal apologist there is. However, it was totally one sided.

I’ve watched the game at least ten times. I think people need to go back and watch that game again and refresh themselves. Hell, look at the FT disparity. Was like 22-10 and we only shot five 3s the whole game. Two of those were within the last minute of the game.
I seem to remember that we were leading at that time. If the refs were determined to screw us then that would have a flagrant foul. I feel like the refs are just freaking terrible at their jobs. The real question is why the NCAA refuses to step up and do something about these horrible officials.

Reactions: BigCat241
It’s easy to look back at a game an just be like “all the calls went against us”. That’s what fans do, and I bet Wisconsin fans look back on it and say they won despite calls and officiating going against them.

It’s easy to look back at a game an just be like “all the calls went against us”. That’s what fans do, and I bet Wisconsin fans look back on it and say they won despite calls and officiating going against them.
Generally that's true. But watch that game with a fresh set of eyes and while it's not as blatant as the 2017 screw job, it was still pretty blatant. I re-watched it last week and every big call, especially momentum swinging calls, went against us mostly.

The crucial calls certainly went against us.

Shot clock violation that allowed them to tie it with 2:38
Flop charge on Lyles

Ball game.

But never should have been in that position anyway by going scoreless for five minutes.

Cals coaching/stall ball, plus no show WCS and the Twins ball hogging lost that game. UK had no game plan, committed shot clock violations, no prep, no inbound plays and Cal was outcoached, especially down the stretch. Early version of St Peter's, they were lucky to beat ND the game before.
Jesus, quit blaming the Harrison twins. They were our 2nd and 3rd leading scorers and kept us in the game in the first half. Not to mention, we lose to Notre Dame without them. Booker was being abused against Wisconsin. Literally gave up 3 and 1's. 3 of them! Cals stall ball was why the twins were doing that anyways.

WCS performance was pathetic. Talks all year about coming back to win a title then just goes AWOL.

Just happened to see it in YouTube, rewatched last 3 minutes. Uk was up 60-58.
some key plays where uk got screwed by the stripes.

I have never gone back and reviewed the last 3 minutes before, and just had no idea had bad it was. Uk was screwed of its 9th and it was given to Dook that year!

Fed post to Towns, goes to the basket, gets raked, no call on the foul! Choked on their whistles.. Instead shot clock violation. Uk should have shot 2 free throws and been up 4.

Next possession: the infamous put back by Wisconsin, after shot clock ran out! Not one single officials calls the violation! Choked on their whistles again! Instead of tie game, uk should have been up 62-58. But now its 60-60.
Roofaree i think was on the base line, clear as day, just chokes on it.

Next uk possession, flop on Wisconsin, uk player barely touches him stepping into the lane! Foul on uk! Should have been a no call or a block, uk should have been up 64-58 after free throws. Instead Decker hits 3 to go up 63-60.

Wisconsin gets ball back after Harrison miss! Goes to the basket: foul on Harrison, doesn't even touch the Wisconsin player: Decker. ABSOLUTE BS CALL! Decker puts them up 64-60, when it should be 64-58 uk.

Next play for uk, great 3 point play be Harrison. Brings uk within 64-63

Another bs call against Kat, no foul on Kaminsky, drop step and missed bucket,, Roofaree again with bs call with 24 sec to play. Should have been a uk rebound, just good D was called a foul. Kaminsky puts them up 66-63

Uk valiant effort , but can't recover from the roofaree and screw job.

I am still pissed!
One thing I fail to understand is that everyone likes to say this championship was gifted to Duke. They still had to beat Wisconsin, which they did, and according to many on here Wisconsin was some type of super buzzsaw that was the only team that could beat us. Totally forgetting we barely made it out of the elite 8 against Notre Dame. Had UK beat Wisconsin, we still had to beat Duke for #9 but many have just conceded that win when in reality that game like the precious two was going to come down to the wire.

making this a rock fight and putting it in the hands of the stripes is the issue. Go out, punch them in the mouth and don’t look back we aren’t having this discussion.

Wisconsin was absolutely legit and the only team I feared. But I think it's all about matchups. We matched up better with Duke. Plus, having to play us and then Duke within 48 hours while Duke got a 7 seed Michigan State.

To be honest, I think we both cost each other championships. I think Wisconsin wins it all in 2014 and I think we'd win it all in 2015 if we don't take each other out.

ADVERTISEMENT