ADVERTISEMENT

2 UL football players reportedly shot

Today marks 356 days since two University Six football players and an "unnamed/underage cheerleader" were shot at a party, and there have still been no arrests or suspects even though Tommy Turtleneck has been fired. I suppose Bobby Neckbrace has been put in charge of keeping the lid on this.
Amazing how that whole situation has stayed quiet. Nothing surprises me with U6.

Amazing how that whole situation has stayed quiet. Nothing surprises me with U6.

When this first happened, I genuinely felt bad for the shooting victims, and I thought that with it being a party with witnesses, an arrest(s) would soon be made and the shooter brought to justice. The longer it went on though, with no one willing to tell what actually happened, it became obvious that the shooter(s) was another University Six student athlete, and it was being covered up. If I were the parent of one of the shooting victims, I'd be furious. You have to really question the intelligence and integrity of any parent who would let their kid attend University Six on a scholarship. Hell, the only University Six fan that I know is also a grad, and even he said that the athletic department needed to be burned to the ground and start from scratch.

Reactions: Woodrow_Call_1998
When this first happened, I genuinely felt bad for the shooting victims, and I thought that with it being a party with witnesses, an arrest(s) would soon be made and the shooter brought to justice. The longer it went on though, with no one willing to tell what actually happened, it became obvious that the shooter(s) was another University Six student athlete, and it was being covered up.
Definitely something fishy going on with that whole ordeal. The whole U6 athletics department is so dang corrupt.

I have finally figured out why the National Enquirer or sensational magazines hasn't been all over the situation at Transfer U under jurich.

They only write articles in a magazine, and this would take a book to cover it -----or two, I still think someone should send them a list of the highlights, anyone have an address for them?

I can give you a lot of the incidents, this MAYBE the most puzzling one. I still think it is solved as soon as the star that was shot uses up his eligibility, coming up soon.

Reactions: The-Hack
I have a co-worker that is a big U6 fan and it's always puzzling how he tries to deflect the many negative issues that has went on with that program. When the Katina Powell stuff come out it was " all Andre McGee's fault", when the FBI investigation hit it was an "everybody is getting in trouble" situation, when the Courier journals articles told how Jurich was robbing the athletics department, he claimed he was worth every penny. Heck the guy still defends Pitino. Mind-boggling how he and many of their fans refuse to admit or see they are a disgrace to college athletics and their heroes Jurich and Pitino put them right there.

My same reaction that time you compared college football to dungeons and dragons. LOL! You've had some classic responses. On a more serious note, it puzzling how crazy things have been and will more than likely continue to be in their athletics department.

I gotta give you and a couple of others props for calling out the negativity that's been lingering on the board. I can understand the fair criticisms but we have trolls baiting people like crazy right now into starting irrational bull crap. I don't understand why an adult would take the time to pretend to be a fan of a team, just to stir up trouble. Life's to short to waste time doing crazy things like that, IMO.

My same reaction that time you compared college football to dungeons and dragons. LOL! You've had some classic responses. On a more serious note, it puzzling how crazy things have been and will more than likely continue to be in their athletics department.

I gotta give you and a couple of others props for calling out the negativity that's been lingering on the board. I can understand the fair criticisms but we have trolls baiting people like crazy right now into starting irrational bull crap. I don't understand why an adult would take the time to pretend to be a fan of a team, just to stir up trouble. Life's to short to waste time doing crazy things like that, IMO.

Have you ever taken the time to think that maybe they aren’t trolls but rationale people who have good points? You can’t objectively look at where the program is and think “we are in great shape”. Not considering how bad we are in both sides of the ball, the attrition that’s happening this year and lack preparedness, leadership and execution we’ve seen the last 5 years.

Have you ever taken the time to think that maybe they aren’t trolls but rationale people who have good points? You can’t objectively look at where the program is and think “we are in great shape”. Not considering how bad we are in both sides of the ball, the attrition that’s happening this year and lack preparedness, leadership and execution we’ve seen the last 5 years.
Some people can give fair criticisms and I would get their points, but you aren't being as rational as you claim to be considering you refuse to give Stoops credit for anything positive. Has he made mistakes? Absolutely. I just don't think it's fair for you or anyone else to say we haven't improved from year one to year five. Im not sold on Stoops completely but I do appreciate how our roster has improved so much, the winning streaks against South Carolina and Missouri, our coaching staffs scouting ability, signing Terry Wilson was a big step for our future, he seems like a good guy that is very nice to fans that approach him, etc. We haven't taken a step backwards at this point so I'll take a wait and see approach and hope for the best.

Reactions: jauk11
Some people can give fair criticisms and I would get their points, but you aren't being as rational as you claim to be considering you refuse to give Stoops credit for anything positive. Has he made mistakes? Absolutely. I just don't think it's fair for you or anyone else to say we haven't improved from year one to year five. Im not sold on Stoops completely but I do appreciate how our roster has improved so much, the winning streaks against South Carolina and Missouri, our coaching staffs scouting ability, signing Terry Wilson was a big step for our future, he seems like a good guy that is very nice to fans that approach him, etc. We haven't taken a step backwards at this point so I'll take a wait and see approach and hope for the best.

I totally agree, we’ve improved as a team but the bar was low. Speaking of low, the guys ceiling is extremely low.

People act as if he’s a new coach. I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt for 4 1/2 years and still commend his recruiting. But everything else he’s bungled. There’s not one thing he’s consistently shown in 5 years to say he’s special. Horrible defense, bad offense, bad in-game coaching, not enough men on the field, no motivation, etc. It’s mediocrity considering the schedule and recruiting.

You have the right to be cautiously optimistic. Hope you’re correct as I can’t imagine who Barney would land next time.

We will circle up after next season and exchange thoughts. Until then, happy new year.

Hearns was once committed to UK and then flipped to UL. I wonder if someone at UK would have been shot if he kept his commitment. Any guesses who might have been shot at UK? Do we even have 30 year-old “cheerleaders?”

Reactions: JDHoss
Do the police identify a woman as a “cheerleader” if she is simply wearing something that looks like a cheerleader outfit? Does Katina know anyone who would dress as a cheerleader if you paid for it?

So many questions.

Reactions: jauk11
I totally agree, we’ve improved as a team but the bar was low. Speaking of low, the guys ceiling is extremely low.

People act as if he’s a new coach. I gave the guy the benefit of the doubt for 4 1/2 years and still commend his recruiting. But everything else he’s bungled. There’s not one thing he’s consistently shown in 5 years to say he’s special. Horrible defense, bad offense, bad in-game coaching, not enough men on the field, no motivation, etc. It’s mediocrity considering the schedule and recruiting.

You have the right to be cautiously optimistic. Hope you’re correct as I can’t imagine who Barney would land next time.

We will circle up after next season and exchange thoughts. Until then, happy new year.

One of the signs of a UL troll is that they try to turn threads that are about bad things at UL into threads that try to make UK appear bad.

Reactions: The-Hack and jauk11
I don't understand why an adult would take the time to pretend to be a fan of a team, just to stir up trouble. Life's to short to waste time doing crazy things like that, IMO.

I honestly believe there is a poster or two with over a thousand posts who fit this bill.

And I wish that Tennessee saw us as enough of a threat to blame their bat-sh!t crazy fan base, but the vast majority are likelier fine feathered friends.

I honestly believe there is a poster or two with over a thousand posts who fit this bill.

And I wish that Tennessee saw us as enough of a threat to blame their bat-sh!t crazy fan base, but the vast majority are likelier fine feathered friends.

Yup. And they get “likes” from others like them and from anyone here who loves a negative post about UK, its coaches, its history, its players, its future, etc.

It's now been 421 days since two University Six student athletes and an "unnamed/underage cheerleader" were shot at a private party and there are still no arrests or suspects as no one apparently saw anything. I thought maybe once Turtleneck was fired, we'd get a break in the case, but I guess we'll have to wait until Bobby Neckbrace is fired or lands another job, or maybe a sordid court case with Pitino and Turtleneck will result in questions about how this was covered up.

It's now been 460 days since two University Six student-athletes and an unnamed/underage "cheerleader" were shot at a private party. There have still been no arrests in spite of witnesses. When will justice be served?

Reactions: dustarm20 and Ugoff
It's now been 460 days since two University Six student-athletes and an unnamed/underage "cheerleader" were shot at a private party. There have still been no arrests in spite of witnesses. When will justice be served?

Well I thought it would happen after the player that couldn't qualify at UK but had no problem at transfer that ended up getting shot finished playing in their bowl game, but he passed, didn't owe his team mates anything (maybe one of them shot him, lol), then I thought when jurich went to jail (not there yet but-----), but now I am afraid it will never happen.

It's now been 525 days since two University Six student athletes and an unnamed/underage "cheerleader" were shot at a private party, yet there are no witnesses and no suspects or arrests. In that time span, Lord Turtleneck and Pitino have been fired, the basketball program put on probation, their national title stripped from them, and there is another scandal of paying for a player hanging over their heads, as well as a lawsuit from Pitino. Yet, no one will lift a finger to get justice for these three victims. Perhaps when Bobby Neckbrace is fired, the truth about what happened will be revealed.

It's now been 525 days since two University Six student athletes and an unnamed/underage "cheerleader" were shot at a private party, yet there are no witnesses and no suspects or arrests. In that time span, Lord Turtleneck and Pitino have been fired, the basketball program put on probation, their national title stripped from them, and there is another scandal of paying for a player hanging over their heads, as well as a lawsuit from Pitino. Yet, no one will lift a finger to get justice for these three victims. Perhaps when Bobby Neckbrace is fired, the truth about what happened will be revealed.

Never give up Hoss!

I thought it would happen when jurich got fired. Just noticed he settled for about $5,500,000 on his lawsuit, maybe that will make a difference.

I thought it would happen when jurich got fired. Just noticed he settled for about $5,500,000 on his lawsuit, maybe that will make a difference.

If the perps are smart they'll leverage their knowledge of events and get'em a couple seats in TJ's box....?

ADVERTISEMENT