ADVERTISEMENT

2 UL football players reportedly shot

Today marks 256 days with no arrests or suspects in the shooting of 2 UaVel student athletes and an "unnamed/underaged cheerleader" at a private party. I'm guessing Hearns still has "no comment".....[laughing]

Today marks 256 days with no arrests or suspects in the shooting of 2 UaVel student athletes and an "unnamed/underaged cheerleader" at a private party. I'm guessing Hearns still has "no comment".....[laughing]
Must be a mob job...only ones that could cover up something like this

Since it was a football party, it's not out of the realm of possibility that a football player was doing the shooting.

Read the opening line of the story. I couldn't cut and paste, but I found the sentence funny and poorly thought out

"James Hearns is living proof that being shot can be taken in stride."

Hell, and I thought it got him in the elbow?

"Elbow" . . . . is that what the kids are calling it now?

Man, wait just a fickin' minute.

I read the article and some of the recent posts, above.

This party was on the very night Lamar got the Heisman?

Seriously, that had escaped my attention.

Two observations: (1) As others have intimated, that likely means everyone did know everyone at the party . . . . held in a gated community for Cards players/cheerleaders/insiders to see Lamar's big night; and (2) I suspect the shootings might have occurred before the award of the trophy, because (and I noted it that night) Jurich and Petrino looked like they had just seen a ghost when the name was read out . . . . seriously, they broke no smiles, and any congrats looked weirdly off to me. I remember thinking that if I were in their shoes, I would have cracked a big smile, when the kid sitting next to me is given such an award, but it looked real awkward. Wanna' bet they had received a text like 5 minutes before the announcement? It was a looong show prior to the actual presentation/acceptance.

I am just trying to figure why you are bringing this back up. Yes it was a party at an off campus apartment complex where many student live. With that said it was not a football team only party and the UL campus is surrounded by the city. In today's social media world kids crash parties all the time. this was investedgated by Metro Police not campus police

Yes, I remember the exhaustive investigation they did. They even interviewed Rick, but he didn't know anything about it.

Forget Rick on this one, he has enough problems with his basketball program, about to make history with the NXAA's help if the incompetents do their job.

If they really wanted to find out what happened they should ask the person that undoubtedly knows the whole story, jURICH. Tell him he is under ;oath and will be prosecuted if he lies, and then ask him to take a lie detector test. Oh, I forgot, he SOMEHOW makes over $5,000,000 a year as the AD at a city college, gives out $24,500,000 contracts to coaches that no other legitimate University would even hire and then has the nerve to give him another half million for a miraculous APR when the normal bonus is $50,000 and no one even asks for an investigation about kickbacks

But hiring BP's son as a P5 program assistant coming off drug and driving problems and wth no prior experience (P5 OR high school) may have took the cake, no wonder even Pizza John started asking questions.

Alabama police investigating to see if any UL players were in Bama recently.

http://www.espn.com/college-footbal...labama-crimson-tide-dt-raekwon-davis-shot-leg

Several similarities here.

The big difference is that there was apparently ONE witness in that incident. Pretty telling that the victim was a starting DT for Bama, undoubtedly huge and pretty fast-------but not nearly as fast after being shot in the leg and MUCH less likely to be chasing someone that had just shot him. The key sentence in the story is that according to police he was uncooperative. Now if you really are just standing around and get shot by an unknown gunman why would you be uncooperative? Much more likely that the shooter was trying to collect a drug debt and wanted to even his odds of outrunning the DT and his way of telling him no matter how big you are there are equalizers, and I have one AND am willing to use it.

Quite a difference in ONE person being uncooperative and a crowded room that haven't broken any laws not being cooperative. Quite a difference in being shot in a parking lot and claiming you didn't see the shooter and being in a crowded room and EVERYONE there claiming they didn't see anything, Quite a difference in shooting a huge hulk that could do you great bodily harm and a "cheerleader" in danger of her life-------although Hearns is pretty much of a huge hulk also, that didn't qualify to go to college at UK-------although he was part of the football team, along with several criminals and players kicked out of other real Universities, along with a slew of players that had to go the JC route, that had one of the highest APRs in the nation "earning" BP a half million dollar bonus, lol.

The "victim" in that shooting was a homogeneous party, since it was one person, the crowd at the UL party was homogeneous in that they were all Transfer U players or fans, and if it had been a n ooutsider crashing the party why wouldn't everyone there say he endangered our lives, put him away?. What could unify a whole roomful of people that would make them lie to poice and cover for the shooter?

I think the only thing that could unite such a group is something very bad for Transfer U's football team, and I think jurich is the only person capable of engineering such a massive coverup --------ad he has had plenty of practice.

Last edited:
I am just trying to figure why you are bringing this back up. Yes it was a party at an off campus apartment complex where many student live. With that said it was not a football team only party and the UL campus is surrounded by the city. In today's social media world kids crash parties all the time. this was investedgated by Metro Police not campus police
So I'm guessing since nobody got killed and it's otis related, you think the case should just be closed, right?

Reactions: brianpoe
Metro police=campus police in Otisville...TJ controls them both!!

I am just trying to figure why you are bringing this back up.

I bet you and Jurich and Petrino, and the whole nest of moral relativity at U of L would prefer not to have it brought back up. You can't wall out morality, legality, decency or accountability from your city or university.

Think it's only Cat fans who believe the investigation was a sham?

Re-read the article, above. Obviously, the writer has his doubts, by his very wording.

95% of the posters, here, live in Kentucky, and a significant percentage live in Jefferson County. When bullets start hitting people at Heisman trophy watch parties, in private homes in gated communities, and there is neither a resolution nor a suspect, I would sincerely hope that U. of Louisville folks would be bringing this up and insisting on some clarity and transparency. The next time two players and a cheerleader are shot, it might be in the head, and dead bodies are not as easily forgotten as are non-cooperative victims and witnesses.

I would much prefer that my University ran a Whore House in a basketball dorm to achieve recruiting success, than have the reputation for coddling a shooter who hit three of its students.

Unfortunately, the University of Louisville has both, and that University is funded, in part, by state revenue.

Amazig that a Tr
I bet you and Jurich and Petrino, and the whole nest of moral relativity at U of L would prefer not to have it brought back up. You can't wall out morality, legality, decency or accountability from your city or university.

Think it's only Cat fans who believe the investigation was a sham?

Re-read the article, above. Obviously, the writer has his doubts, by his very wording.

95% of the posters, here, live in Kentucky, and a significant percentage live in Jefferson County. When bullets start hitting people at Heisman trophy watch parties, in private homes in gated communities, and there is neither a resolution nor a suspect, I would sincerely hope that U. of Louisville folks would be bringing this up and insisting on some clarity and transparency. The next time two players and a cheerleader are shot, it might be in the head, and dead bodies are not as easily forgotten as are non-cooperative victims and witnesses.

I would much prefer that my University ran a Whore House in a basketball dorm to achieve recruiting success, than have the reputation for coddling a shooter who hit three of its students.

Unfortunately, the University of Louisville has both, and that University is funded, in part, by state revenue.

Unfortunately I'm not sure I can agree with you on this, seems to me they are doing a hell of a job in all of those areas.

"You can't wall out morality, legality, decency or accountability from your city or university."

Today marks 273 days with no arrests or suspects in the shooting of 2 UaVel student athletes and an "unnamed/underaged cheerleader" at a party. When will these three youngsters receive justice for this crime against them?

Reactions: dustarm20
Today marks 273 days with no arrests or suspects in the shooting of 2 UaVel student athletes and an "unnamed/underaged cheerleader" at a party. When will these three youngsters receive justice for this crime against them?

Maybe, after the three youngsters have left otisvill.

It has been 9 months and you guys are still bouncing this thead around. I have posted it before but once again. The shooting did not happen on the UL campus. It was near campus and many students live there but so do many non students and campus police have no responsibility to investigate anything off campus. It is all in metros hands.

Metro police have lots of crimes in a community of 800 K to deal with. Not surprising to me. There is probably over 100 gun crimes in the last few years unsolved.

It has been 9 months and you guys are still bouncing this thead around. I have posted it before but once again. The shooting did not happen on the UL campus. It was near campus and many students live there but so do many non students and campus police have no responsibility to investigate anything off campus. It is all in metros hands.

Metro police have lots of crimes in a community of 800 K to deal with. Not surprising to me. There is probably over 100 gun crimes in the last few years unsolved.
Interesting take. Couple of your players get shot at a party and you seem to have no curiosity whatsoever. Meanwhile the perp is still at large, posing a danger to the general public.

If two of our players had been shot at a party, you can bet we'd want to know what happened. It's almost as if you don't WANT the crime to be solved.

Looks like we're the only ones who'd like to see the perpetrator brought to justice......why is that?

Interesting take. Couple of your players get shot at a party and you seem to have no curiosity whatsoever. Meanwhile the perp is still at large, posing a danger to the general public.

If two of our players had been shot at a party, you can bet we'd want to know what happened. It's almost as if you don't WANT the crime to be solved.

I doubt if any Transfer U fans really want it solved, and much more importantly I doubt if jurich wants it solved.

Reactions: JDHoss and Ugoff

So, the campus police aren't involved, so what? Doesn't the LMPD have a lot more resources than the campus police, AND shouldn't they be more independent of coverups?

It is hard to solve a crime in a dark alley, with no entry surveillance cameras, with no witnesses, with the victims possibly dead, with nothing to go on.

Can you acknowledge that there were a FEW differences in this case, a ROOMFULL of witnesses, victims unwilling to talk (don't understand that at all, when there is a shooting crime do they have that right, are they pleading the 5th?), surveillance cameras that should have shown any outsiders, on and on. Must be some incompetent investigators doing the interrogations-------or some influence from higher up.

My prediction is that the shooters will go to jail at the same time jurich does------and with his money and our justice system it will probably never happen.

The only other possibility of justice being served is when the football players involved use up their eligibility, lol.

So, the campus police aren't involved, so what? Doesn't the LMPD have a lot more resources than the campus police, AND shouldn't they be more independent of coverups?

It is hard to solve a crime in a dark alley, with no entry surveillance cameras, with no witnesses, with the victims possibly dead, with nothing to go on.

Can you acknowledge that there were a FEW differences in this case, a ROOMFULL of witnesses, victims unwilling to talk (don't understand that at all, when there is a shooting crime do they have that right, are they pleading the 5th?), surveillance cameras that should have shown any outsiders, on and on. Must be some incompetent investigators doing the interrogations-------or some influence from higher up.

My prediction is that the shooters will go to jail at the same time jurich does------and with his money and our justice system it will probably never happen.

The only other possibility of justice being served is when the football players involved use up their eligibility, lol.

Yep...room full of people....a minimum of 3 shots fired....3 people shot.....and nobody is talking? Hearns was tight lipped about it at media day. There's zero doubt the shooter was another UaVel student athlete and people are getting their palms greased (with "foundation" money most likely) in exchange for their silence.

When his eligibility is up, this crime will be solved.

Do recruits families ask the UL staff for the real story?

The kid at Bama said he did not want an investigation into his gunshot wound. What victim of gun crime does that, unless they know the answer and just don't want it publicized or prosecuted?

Yep...room full of people....a minimum of 3 shots fired....3 people shot.....and nobody is talking? Hearns was tight lipped about it at media day. There's zero doubt the shooter was another UaVel student athlete and people are getting their palms greased (with "foundation" money most likely) in exchange for their silence.

The worst part about that is that we are talking about a state-funded university and based on the past decade's worth of actions by said university, it's not far fetched at all to think they are covering this up by paying the "victims" off.

Let that one sink in.

It was near campus and many students live there but so do many non students

There is probably over 100 gun crimes in the last few years unsolved.

Hardly a hearty endorsement for the City, or the campus sitting in the middle of it.

I fully understand the gist of your post . . . . "move, along. . . .nothing to be seen, here."

It has been 9 months and you guys are still bouncing this thead (sic) around.

Wonder if Louisville Metro still has a case "bouncing around," or has it hit the waste basket?

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Hardly a hearty endorsement for the City, or the campus sitting in the middle of it.

I fully understand the gist of your post . . . . "move, along. . . .nothing to be seen, here."

Wonder if Louisville Metro still has a case "bouncing around," or has it hit the waste basket?

The sad part about this "incident" (THREE people shot in front of dozens of witnesses) is that it is only one of DOZENS of hard to explain "incidents" that have taken place at Transfer U------but the one (so far, probably more that have been covered up) that sticks out so much and that is so easy to make fun of which is why we refuse to let it die-------really, how is a coverup of this magnitude even possible? A tribute to jurich, his money, and his influence, no doubt. Maybe the story of the century waiting to be uncovered about Transfer U, jurich, and the whole situation surrounding the athletic department on the beaches of the Ohio River (where you can't eat the fish) a thousand miles from the beaches of Florida.

But remember, just one of many.

Reactions: sefus12
When his eligibility is up, this crime will be solved.

Do recruits families ask the UL staff for the real story?

The kid at Bama said he did not want an investigation into his gunshot wound. What victim of gun crime does that, unless they know the answer and just don't want it publicized or prosecuted?

Excellent point that is at the center of this whole coverup.

Any new leads?

How's the investigation going?

Any word from the media?

News reports?

Any witnesses talking?

It's odd that some enterprising reporter from the CJ or the Herald doesn't turn up the heat on this.

Any new leads?

How's the investigation going?

Any word from the media?

News reports?

Any witnesses talking?

What investigation? No new leads when there is no investigation.

What news reports, jurich makes $5,000,000 a year as an AD AND apparently has access to all of the college's money, consequently the media has lockjaw.

Yeah, someone talked, Hearns (that got shot, and that didn't qualify at UK after committing but magically did qualify at Transfer U at the last minute-------contributed quite a bit to their amazing APR score also I imagine, along with all the other transfers that dropped out of other real Universities, JCs that had to be placed, and criminals------that amazing APR added a half million to BP's $24,500,000 contract) said he didn't want to talk about it------but that is all he said. Something about a sore throat I believe, and the police interrogators, DA, UL football fans, etc etc all said wonderful, and jurich did a handstand------pretty impressive, should have seen it.

The sore throat isn't what kept him out of the bowl game but police are hopeful he will recover from the sore throat in time to say something by the time his eligibility runs out.

It's odd that some enterprising reporter from the CJ or the Herald doesn't turn up the heat on this.

I'm amazed that the National Enquirer hasn't rented a whole floor of a local hotel for their investigation-------similar to hurtt renting the whole floor of a hotel in Miami for paid prostitutes to entertain prospects. With all the transfers, NON drug problems, (LOL), previous players with Uzi's and serial armed robbery sprees, drug overdoses in a player's room not reported for six months-------well, on and on, but you get the idea.

Oh, and whatever happened to the NCAA and their investigation of the basketball program that has a coach that practices adultery, abortions, questionable recruiting tactics (LOL), etc leading their young impressionable men? Minardi Hall alone should be worth several stories.

Like I said, if it were just this one thing--------

Reactions: Ugoff and JDHoss
ADVERTISEMENT