ADVERTISEMENT

#2 Texas goes down

Kybluedude

All-SEC
Nov 19, 2005
Top 20 Illinois takes out #2Texas in ot. Not a good job by Chris Beard. 10 point lead and couldn’t hold it. Dominated in ot.

Watching the game Texas was the better team. Surprised they didn’t win going away. Texas could not finish. Poor shot selection and never played time and score down the stretch in regulation. Beard with a poor job tonight.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Texas had that game won but fouled up 2 with under 10 seconds left in regulation 30 feet from the basket. It was one of the dumbest fouls I've seen in quite some time. Illinois hit 2 free throws and sent it to OT and won.
Was wondering how they blew that. Wow. Left thinking it was over to take the dogs for a walk and came back and it was in OT.

oaSA5rW.jpg

Still would have taken Carr over Wheeler
No clue how anyone can say that if you actually watch Carr play. One of the most selfish players in basketball. Even last night he had his teammate Rice wide open on his drive with 1.4 seconds left and instead drove it and threw up the worst shot of the game.

Said it in another thread, but seems like a year where the top 10 will have a lot of teams rotating in and out.

It’s not a surprise. Just tried to make a bet with a Beard worshipper the other day that he wouldn’t make it past the sweet 16 this year. I’m not saying he’s a terrible coach because he’s not. I’m saying that he almost always has double digit losses and has made one good run 4 years ago.

No clue how anyone can say that if you actually watch Carr play. One of the most selfish players in basketball. Even last night he had his teammate Rice wide open on his drive with 1.4 seconds left and instead drove it and threw up the worst shot of the game.
I agree. I watched the last ten of the second half and the entire OT. Carr had the ball in his hands 90 % of the time. I know we have guys on this board that complain about Cals offense. I am not a Texas fan and even I was surprised at how one dimensional that offense seemed to be. Texas has a talented, hard-nosed team but, at least for one night, Underwood was (not even close) the far superior coach.

Reactions: JwUKFan11
Texas had that game won but fouled up 2 with under 10 seconds left in regulation 30 feet from the basket. It was one of the dumbest fouls I've seen in quite some time. Illinois hit 2 free throws and sent it to OT and won.
He more so tripped into the Illinois player by accident but he was still playing too aggressive

how many times has wheeler done this?
At least Carr has to be respected as a shooter unloike wheeler

Yep, absolutely. He is extremely selfish and always tries to be the man at the end of the game.

Reactions: JwUKFan11
Wheeler is shooting 95% of the time because the shot clock is low or he’s wide open and he’s going to try a few a game. Nothing close to Carrs selfish gameplay.

Reactions: megablue
Well, right now both Wheeler and Carr are shooting 40% from the floor with Wheeler shooting 35% from 3 vs. Carr at 33.5%.

Reminded me of Brandon Knight against Connecticut.

ADVERTISEMENT