ADVERTISEMENT

16th in AP, UL 14th

We are witnessing the typical hater voting. Lets face it, they HATE KY, and will never give KY the DUE it deserves. They know they can manipulate the outcome of the SEEDING by ranking UK lower than it deserves, all in hoping their darlings get higher seeds, and UK will face a tougher opponent sooner than later, and thus hoping UK loses sooner...so their darling won't have to face KY in the Final Four.

Reactions: Aike and .S&C.
It was great that we moved up 6 spots to #16 but I felt not only UL #14 there was other teams we should be ahead of at this time. We should be ahead of #14 UL, #13 Purdue, #12 Utah, #15 Arizona, and #11 Miami. We should have been at #11 or #12 in both the AP and Coaches Poll. During Week 14 AP and Coaches Poll after South Carolina big win we were at #14 in both Polls. After the OT loss at TA&M(22 rpi) on the horribe "Techical" call we dropped 2 to #16 and then after the tough Loss at Vandy(48 rpi), Willis out injury and Poythress just back in 2nd game we dropped 6 spots to #22 in AP Poll. My point is that in these two huge on the Road losses to two of the top SEC teams and with injuries we dropped a total of 8 spots from #14 to #22 in the AP Poll. If this was Duke they probably don't drop or if they did maybe one or two spots. I believed in the toughest games on the Road with two of the top SEC teams we should have only dropped a couple of spots and then this week after the Florida and LSU huge wins we would be close to the TOP 10 rankings or even at #11 or #12. We are not the #16 team right now in NCAA Basketball more near the Top 10.

Reactions: kat57
Louisville may not be ranked in the final April poll..... Well actually they can't be anyway because only the coaches poll updates after the tournament and post season banned teams are not allowed to be ranked on it.

I'm ok with the rankings, personally
We do what we're supposed to do this weekend, at worst we're a 4 seed. If this team is like other Cal teams (and it sure is shaping up that way) then it won't matter WHAT our seed is.
We'll be fine y'all

The poll is about where you fit based on your season. The UCLA game is the perfect example. When we lost that game in December and UCLA was ranked 22 a week later, it didn't seem like a bad loss. Fast forward to now and UCLA ends the season with a losing record. You look at that loss differently as the season progressed. It's now a bad loss, and some voters take that into consideration.

Not really. The polls are about momentum. Our negative results tend to draw a lot of attention and push us downward quickly. Makes it harder to climb when we do well.

Maybe some voters are paying attention to what we did in 2015, but I doubt very many are.

Is anyone still upset that IU lost to 11-19 Wake Forrest?

Why is da Ville even ranked, season is done and no reason to be taking up spots in the top 15!

Reactions: kat57
ADVERTISEMENT