ADVERTISEMENT

16th in AP, UL 14th

Purdue at 13 has me shaking my head. Not sure what they've done to warrant that ranking. But it is a poll so I don't care that much.

True, but take solace in knowing their season is OVER and our team has turned the corner and will make a FF run.

UL has lost 4 of their last 9 and they barely won most of their wins. These polls sometimes make me wonder what they look at when they vote.

Anyone who has watched us play at full strength knows this is a Final Four capable team. I love that a lot of people (Gary Parrish anyone?) are overlooking Kentucky a bit based on some games that were either played early in the season with a very inexperience team or were not played at full strength. If you think this is the same team that lost to Ohio State, UCLA, LSU, Auburn, etc, good luck with that.

I really hope so. That would be amazing

I'm going for the whole "positive vibes" thing. Dream it, believe it, create it. I'm not ready to put money down on it yet, waiting to see how they do in the SEC tournament. But I just get the sense that they've finally "gotten it" and they are wanting to open a can of whoop a$$ on everyone to relieve the frustration of the terrible losses this year.

Reactions: NCukcat62
Kudos to Rick Bozich, no fan of UK, who votes in the AP.
Had UK #12 and UL #15.

Reactions: kat57
Why in the world would you rank UL, who not only shouldn't be ranked ahead of us, but shouldn't be ranked at all? They got destroyed at Virginia, lost 4 of 9, and lost to UK. it's just unbelievable.

In any event, it doesn't really matter. As far as the committee is concerned, we're 13 by the AP. They simply don't count.

16 is where I thought we should end up as we leaped everyone I thought we should except Louisville. Interestingly enough we also leaped Texas A&M which I was not expecting. Also interesting how Iowa has only managed to drop 16 spots while losing 5 of 7. Heck we dropped 6 spots alone after just losing at Vanderbilt. Maryland also only dropped 14 total while losing 4 of last 6.

Doesn't matter at all just interesting to watch how teams are treated in the AP. Since falling out of the top 25 to #33 Duke has gone 7-3 and climbed 14 spots and that is after losing 3 out of their last 5.

If were being honest we lost some bad games! That TN loss hurt us the most.

Doesn't matter we beat UL this season and they aren't dancing unless its at the strip joint.

Reactions: ok-cats-computer
The cards are the highest ranked 8 loss team, we are second. Gotta be the pity the victim thing. Pitino is persuasive.

Reactions: kat57
Why in the world would you rank UL, who not only shouldn't be ranked ahead of us, but shouldn't be ranked at all? They got destroyed at Virginia, lost 4 of 9, and lost to UK. it's just unbelievable.

In any event, it doesn't really matter. As far as the committee is concerned, we're 13 by the AP. They simply don't count.
You have heard of the "Kentucky effect" that Cal talks about getting players into the NBA.. Well this is the "SEC effect" where our conference gets no respect.

so we will be ranked 15th or better in a week when they're ranked #what do they matter now.

Doesn't matter we beat UL this season and they aren't dancing unless its at the strip joint.
We lost to 3 teams that ended the season with losing records...that will kill you every time. 16 seems pretty fair to me. Want to be ranked higher? Beat teams with a losing record!

Reactions: Bkocats and kyjeff1
UK has much stronger SOS than Louisville. louisville has no top 50 wins out of conference and the Cats finished season stronger than UL. It must be anti SEC or Coach Cal bias to have Cards higher. If Cats were to play any team but Kansas or Michigan St on neutral court Vegas said Cats would be favored.

Already been judged for those losses fell in the polls because of them. Those losses are in the past. Should be judged on what is happening right now. UofL lost 2 games in one week and one of those was at home KY won 2 and one of those was away. If we are still being judged for those losses, uofl should be judged for not playing in the post season. This is only my opinion.

Did you expect them to drop a lot? They lost to a ranked team on the road. They have the same record we do in a better conference.

Did you expect them to drop a lot? They lost to a ranked team on the road. They have the same record we do in a better conference.

You act like they played like we did against kansas. . Virginia demoralized them and then partied with there hookers after, that's how bad they were curb stomped

Well at least the AP woke up and raised UK from #22 to #16. Ill take that.
Now, since U of L is on probation that puts UK at #15 in the AP actually.

So Im good.

This is the most satisfied I have been with the polls in a long time.

They see what's up with UK.

are you serious? they have more quality wins and not nearly as bad as losses as we do..take off the blue glasses

are you serious? they have more quality wins and not nearly as bad as losses as we do..take off the blue glasses

How do you get bad losses when you play NOBODY in the OOC other than us and the mandated game against MSU? And more quality wins? They have 3, maybe 4 good wins (Duke, UNC, Virginia Tech, and Pitt) and the last two have double digit losses, so calling them quality is suspect. We have basically just as many (Duke, UL, South Carolina, Vanderbilt) Our last two are pretty comparable to their last two. So, both have 2 really good wins, but we played a much harder OOC schedule, beat them heads up, and was hurt more by injuries, and are playing much better at the time of this poll. So, yeah, we should definitely be ranked ahead of them.

How do you get bad losses when you play NOBODY in the OOC other than us and the mandated game against MSU? And more quality wins? They have 3, maybe 4 good wins (Duke, UNC, Virginia Tech, and Pitt) and the last two have double digit losses, so calling them quality is suspect. We have basically just as many (Duke, UL, South Carolina, Vanderbilt) Our last two are pretty comparable to their last two. So, both have 2 really good wins, but we played a much harder OOC schedule, beat them heads up, and was hurt more by injuries, and are playing much better at the time of this poll. So, yeah, we should definitely be ranked ahead of them.

People smarter than you see it differently.

But that's not the state of things presently, which is what this poll is about.
The poll is about where you fit based on your season. The UCLA game is the perfect example. When we lost that game in December and UCLA was ranked 22 a week later, it didn't seem like a bad loss. Fast forward to now and UCLA ends the season with a losing record. You look at that loss differently as the season progressed. It's now a bad loss, and some voters take that into consideration.

ADVERTISEMENT