ADVERTISEMENT

16th in AP poll and 14th in Coach's poll

Not sure I agree with #1 but whatever
Patt_zpspmqpe4dz.png

Not much of a drop, and understandably so

Plenty of chance to pick it up from here and we seem to have a center ready to fight

This season is crazy. There is almost no difference in those top 25 teams (or at least top 21). I bet if you had those 25 play each other in a round robin, there wouldn't be 1 team walk out with more than 17 wins, or less than 7.

Duke did lose on the road against a good, ranked opponent. We lost on the road to an unranked one that had lost 4 out of 5.

Neither team should have risen in the polls. And honestly, other than the top 5, the polls have been nuts all year.

Duke did lose on the road against a good, ranked opponent. We lost on the road to an unranked one that had lost 4 out of 5.

Neither team should have risen in the polls. And honestly, other than the top 5, the polls have been nuts all year.
I agree with this but A&M despite what they have done recently has top 10 talent they just have an average coach . House , Jones and Davis all will play in the NBA.

Duke loses and they move up 5 spots...UK loses and they drop 2. Oh and we beat a totally healthy Duke team by double digits on a neutral floor.

Freaking Joke and another example of UK hate and Duke love by the sports writers.

Also we have been winning without our starting PF/C Alex Poythress. Also, another starter Derek Willis missed the last quarter or so of the game with an ankle sprain.

Unreal.

Last edited:
Reactions: kycatw\claws
UK was ranked 20th and remained 20th following a blowout win at home against Mizzou and the OT loss at Kansas. Duke wins on the road @ North Carolina and then loses and UofL and jumps 5 spots? Sorry North Carolina win was very good but that does not happen to anyone else. UK should have stayed the same, if not moved up. Lost a game that was taken from us by the ref and with a depleted roster. Is what it is but comical nonetheless.

i can buy dook not dropping, even moving up one/two maybe, but 5? give me a break.

Hard to reconcile the Duke and Louisville moves. Duke was 20 and lost at 18 Louisville. Either you say Louisville looked really impressive, and was worthy of a 7 place jump. Or you're giving Duke the benefit of doubt re injuries and think at full strength they'd have won and deserve a good jump of 5 spots. But both can't be true seems to me....

Hard to make much sense of it all. A lot of teams won a game & lost a game last week. Duke gets a bump because they did it in a good conference (at least that will be the argument). We stayed steady or dropped because we did it against poor competition (perceived). Texas is #25 with 10 losses.

There will be 4 seeds this year with win/loss records of previous bubble teams.

What we are partially seeing is the annual effect of the crooked SEC road whistle.

A&M was a top 5 team before they got stung by the SEC road bug. Since all losses to SEC teams are perceived as bad, A&M falls all the way out of the polls.

Then horror of horrors, we lose to unranked aTm. Never mind that it was an OT game and everyone in the country watched us get jobbed.

But wait...aTm launched back into the polls at number 21 based on their razor thin victory.

If aTm is good again, why do we get dinged for losing the way we did? Maybe they just don't like us?

ADVERTISEMENT