ADVERTISEMENT

15 people killed on US-Mexico border... in one day.

It is rather surprising how little of the violence slips over the border; or at least has to this point. I don't see how that can last forever, especially with immigration as a wedge issue in the US where each national party has a vested interest in going to irrational extremes just to appeal to their political base.

If you ever want to watch a long but fascinating take on it -- check out Ed Calderon. Calderon was a former federal police officer who hunted the cartels and has since immigrated legally to America. He might be the most interesting man in the world.

There is zero chance we (the US) doesn't have an agreement with the cartels that we won't send the military in on them in return for 1) they being allowed to move drugs and 2) they keep the violence confined to Mexico.
The rumor is that Benicio Tel Toro's character in Sicario is based off of Ed Calderon. In Sicario, the premise was that the US sent Delta, etc. into Mexico in a limited fashion to enforce the bargain that the US would not militarily intervene in Mexico if the violence does not cross the border.

So I am with you.

Also, Ed Calderon is predicting a US military intervention into Mexico in the next five to ten years so take that for what you will. I think the odds of that go up if a Republican is elected as president in 2024 but I don't think it is certain. That is a shadow war so I'm not sure what conventional troops would even do there unless it is to completely dismantle the Mexican government, which appears to be metastasized with drug corruption.

There is zero chance we (the US) doesn't have an agreement with the cartels that we won't send the military in on them in return for 1) they being allowed to move drugs and 2) they keep the violence confined to Mexico.
I’m going to need you to rewrite this in proper English so it makes sense

The rumor is that Benicio Tel Toro's character in Sicario is based off of Ed Calderon. In Sicario, the premise was that the US sent Delta, etc. into Mexico in a limited fashion to enforce the bargain that the US would not militarily intervene in Mexico if the violence does not cross the border.

So I am with you.

Also, Ed Calderon is predicting a US military intervention into Mexico in the next five to ten years so take that for what you will. I think the odds of that go up if a Republican is elected as president in 2024 but I don't think it is certain. That is a shadow war so I'm not sure what conventional troops would even do there unless it is to completely dismantle the Mexican government, which appears to be metastasized with drug corruption.
Yes because we have such a great history instilling stability and righting the ship when we invade to overthrow a government.

Yes because we have such a great history instilling stability and righting the ship when we invade to overthrow a government.
The problem is - we don't go all the way. If we are invading to take out a rogue government, especially in a place that borders the US, we need to take the place over. Put in our government - even if technically it's not a US territory.

• Haha
Reactions: chroix
I’m going to need you to rewrite this in proper English so it makes sense

The drug cartels have made shady deals with high ranking US officials and the government wherein they give the US a shit ton of money and in return the US doesn’t wipe them out with our military and the cartels promise to not have all their crime and murder spill out into the US.

The drug cartels have made shady deals with high ranking US officials and the government wherein they give the US a shit ton of money and in return the US doesn’t wipe them out with our military and the cartels promise to not have all their crime and murder spill out into the US.
Thanks, that’s what I thought it said but I couldn’t be 100% sure with that poor of a display of the English language.

Thanks, that’s what I thought it said but I couldn’t be 100% sure with that poor of a display of the English language.
tenor.gif

The problem is - we don't go all the way. If we are invading to take out a rogue government, especially in a place that borders the US, we need to take the place over. Put in our government - even if technically it's not a US territory.
If the US ever does militarily intervene in Mexico (and I pray that never happens), it either needs to be in the form of limited strikes by special operations troops to dismantle all known cartels (not just pick a winner) or just sack the entire government and either make it the 51st state or set it up to be a US protectorate for 20 years or something while they figure out how to build a government that is not corrupt on every level.

It is one thing to half-ass nation build on the other side of the world. It would be quite another to screw around if we ever decide to act with regard to our next door neighbor and the economy we are probably most enmeshed with of any nation.

If the US ever does militarily intervene in Mexico (and I pray that never happens), it either needs to be in the form of limited strikes by special operations troops to dismantle all known cartels (not just pick a winner) or just sack the entire government and either make it the 51st state or set it up to be a US protectorate for 20 years or something while they figure out how to build a government that is not corrupt on every level.

It is one thing to half-ass nation build on the other side of the world. It would be quite another to screw around if we ever decide to act with regard to our next door neighbor and the economy we are probably most enmeshed with of any nation.
A large segment of Conservatives would never let Mexico become a state because "they took our jobs" and their false prophet said "They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists."

So I am with you.

Things will remain status quo as long as the flow of money isn’t disrupted.
I hope there is a third sicario movie coming out soon.

Exactly. I agree with the approach to totally gut the place and make it our 51st state. The upside is unlimited.

• Haha
Reactions: chroix
I'm much more in favor contracting this country and not expanding it. I'm very much in favor of splintering it like the old Soviet Union.

Between California, Mexico, and NY, Democrats would have a cake walk to the Presidency every four years.

I don’t know. As much as one would expect a narco-terror state to be lock step with the Democrat agenda, the ordinary citizens may still be a little miffed at the Obama administration flooding their streets with heavy weaponry.

15 deaths at the border. Chicago says hold my beer as 49 people were shot there this weekend. It seems that the border may be safer than our woke cities run by lunatic liberals like Mayor Lightfoot.

You mean like Iraq? Yeah that worked out🤭

ADVERTISEMENT