ADVERTISEMENT

'10, '12, '15, '19

bigbluelou

All-SEC
Apr 13, 2011
These are the teams I have most looked forward to going into the season. I honestly felt better about the '12 team than I had since '96, and that turned out well. (Sorry UNC***, you were never the best that year, and you were never going to beat UK in the tourney. Make all the excuses you want, you dik blisters.)

I thought '15 would be special, and it was...almost perfect. Of course '10 was all new, fresh, exciting, and mega-talented, falling just short of expectations but still more fun that we'd had in a lonnnnnng time.

I have a pretty good feeling about this year's team, too. My (admittedly prodigious) gut says we're gonna do something special.

These are the teams I have most looked forward to going into the season. I honestly felt better about the '12 team than I had since '96, and that turned out well. (Sorry UNC***, you were never the best that year, and you were never going to beat UK in the tourney. Make all the excuses you want, you dik blisters.)

I thought '15 would be special, and it was...almost perfect. Of course '10 was all new, fresh, exciting, and mega-talented, falling just short of expectations but still more fun that we'd had in a lonnnnnng time.

I have a pretty good feeling about this year's team, too. My (admittedly prodigious) gut says we're gonna do something special.

Neat

if nick Richards has a good season I feel pretty good. I think we need him to have a lottery pick type of year. Need someone to step up and be a consistent rim protector IMO.

For some reason I always felt like the 15 team might come up short. Didn’t feel that way in 12. I’m very optimistic for this group. I don’t realistically EXPECT a title but I think they’ll genuinely contend for one. I’m about as optimistic as I was for the Fox/Monk/Bam team that probably would have won a title if Higgins hadn’t been UNC’s 6th starter.

i was most excited about 12' season.

I never saw such a complete team like 12' team.
I think this team has the potential .12 had a proven dead eye 50 percent 3pt shooter and three other guys that were around 40 percent in Miller, Wiltjer and Liggins. If Herro and Baker can give us that Lamb Wiltjer one two punch and our bigs are willing passers we will be special .Just a few more things have to fall into place but they are probable so if we stay healthy which has cost us at least 2 titles in the last 5 years maybe 3. If WCS doesn't go down in the tourney in 14 and Poythress doesn't blow his knee in 15 he would have given Wisc fits defensively. This season a healthy Vanderbilt and Washington at a hundred percent hell Baker playing all three could a been the difference in this year's tourney noway Kansas St beats us with Vandy and Washington at hundred percent and Baker there all season bombing away from three. So this season it's the team being healthy is my concern

I think this team has a lot of the ingredients needed to make noise in march. We don't have a ton of experience but we have enough. We also have one or two enforcer types, plenty of alpha mentality, a couple of guys that can play point, and a couple of dare I say "shooters". We get extra practice in the bahamas.

We always say we just want to be in the hunt. I don't see how this does not make a run (barring injury of course). It will be a fun team to watch for sure.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Who knows what will happen in the tourney. Had the Red Sea parted for us last year and still couldnt make a F4. Free throw shooting one year, missing 3s another, Higgins, etc....you just never know regardless how it looks on paper.

10 to 12 (2)
12 to 15 (3)
15 to 19 (4)

I'm going assume the 23 team will be remarkable.

I think this team has the potential .12 had a proven dead eye 50 percent 3pt shooter and three other guys that were around 40 percent in Miller, Wiltjer and Liggins.

Liggins graduated in 2011, the year we beat UNC and OSU to get back to the Final Four for the first time in 23 years. Also, was never known to be a good shooter. Was clutch in the tourney that year though.

7 sweet 16 teams in 9 years, 6 Elite 8s, 4 Final Fours.

This year’s team hopefully bumps 2015 down a spot, because other then an undefeated season, 2012 is staying on top imo.

If we ever feel like we failed in March, just look at Virginia and try not to laugh. Furthermore, [sick] has no business saying we can’t seal the deal from 2015 with their loss to Kansas. [sick] Had all the pieces to win the title and :flush:.

Dik blisters would count for duh vile as well

Reactions: bigbluelou
Liggins graduated in 2011, the year we beat UNC and OSU to get back to the Final Four for the first time in 23 years. Also, was never known to be a good shooter. Was clutch in the tourney that year though.

7 sweet 16 teams in 9 years, 6 Elite 8s, 4 Final Fours.

This year’s team hopefully bumps 2015 down a spot, because other then an undefeated season, 2012 is staying on top imo.

You are correct Liggins left in 2011, but I dont think he graduated that year (or any year thereafter)...

Reactions: bigbluelou
ADVERTISEMENT