ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Cats no longer only SEC team in top 25

Reckon Tommy Amaker will once again vote for his beloved Dukie Krybabyzxwxzeizdski in the coaches poll??

Originally posted by Smashcat:

USC is deserving.
Agreed. Im a bit concerned about the game Jan. 24 in Columbia.

Thats the next one I have circled as a toughy.

KWILTmissed3atthebuzzer,

I understand there will be several games where we will share concern on the outcome. But, if no one ever presents a challenge it can even be more problematic. When UL blocked a couple shots especially on Dakari Johnson it was like his offense disappeared. You can get used to making certain shots against weaker teams (as I mentioned in another post we had no lobs against UL because they had a better interior defense) that are not going to be available when we face tough competition. So, finding weaknesses from opponents is not a bad thing assuming we still win those games.

Arkansas plays UGA tomorrow evening on the road...will Arkansas be a contender or a pretender? If they lose that game, fair or unfair, the pollsters will shrug and say "SEC fooled me again" while ignoring that UGA is pretty damn good as well.

Originally posted by caneintally:
UGA , USC ,LSU and Arky are all top 30 teams IMO. How there are 20 teams more deserving then USC though is a mystery.
A mystery? Maybe South Carolina should have beaten Charlotte or Akron.

Originally posted by caneintally:
UGA , USC ,LSU and Arky are all top 30 teams IMO. How there are 20 teams more deserving then USC though is a mystery.
You lose to Charlotte and Akron...takes a long time to get people beyond that. If they had simply won those games, they would be 11-1 and ranked in the top 15 easily. There is 0 reason they should not start out 4-0 in the SEC and at 13-3 they will definitely be ranked...they could be ranked next week after starting 2-0 in the SEC even. In fact, they should start 5-0 in the SEC before losing to UK. I agree they are top 25 caliber as of now, but two awful losses. To be fair, they have 1 great win in ISU, 1 good one in OK ST, and one solid one in Clemson. Hell, 3 other SEC teams could not beat Clemson, but those games were at Clemson, in those teams defenses.

I hope we lay it on them pretty hard after seeing some chicken littles' on this board talking like we should be worried about SC the past couple of days. Yeah, if UK hits 1/17 from three or whatever ISU shot, and sucks from the FT line...we could be in for a close one.

The rankings have had an anti-SEC bias for some time. I've been on both sides of this debate in the last couple years, admitting that the SEC is not that strong, even weak sometimes, but also defending it against other supposedly superior conferences. Iowa State is ranked 16th? Are you kidding me? You take their record and put an SEC team's name on it, and it wouldn't sniff the Top 25.

That's how it and the B-10 get so many teams in the dance. They go through this supposed gauntlet in their super tough conferences, facing so many ranked teams, but it's all a sham. Just because a team is ranked doesn't mean they are any better than some teams that are not ranked, who happened to be in conferences like the SEC. BTW, ISU is 25th in the BPI, and Georgia is 26th. But Georgia gets 0 votes in the AP ranking. But, nah, no bias.

Originally posted by yabbadabbadoo:
Reckon Tommy Amaker will once again vote for his beloved Dukie Krybabyzxwxzeizdski in the coaches poll??
I believe that lone vote for dUKe is from Jim Boeheim. It's too obvious for it to be Amaker.

Originally posted by spotter34:

Originally posted by yabbadabbadoo:
I believe that lone vote for dUKe is from Jim Boeheim. It's too obvious for it to be Amaker.
+1

Gotta be Boeheim.

ADVERTISEMENT