ADVERTISEMENT

“You people think we should win every game…”

Cals the one who called his shot. I don’t know a uk fan to ever say we are going undefeated until cal laid out his goal the first day of his job. Bbn just jumped on board with him.
THIS.

Cal started the 40-0 shit. He said:

"Lets do it"---My goal before I retire is to win all 40 games.

This after losing in 2015:

"I think the challenge now is, can anybody be 38-0? I don't think so," Calipari said. "If it's done, it will be us.

And this....

"No disrespect to anybody, but who was the national champion two years ago, three years ago, four years ago?" Calipari said. "38-0, that's going to go down. To take away from what my team did last year and say you didn't win it? We won 38 in a row to start. That won't ever be done again. I'm so proud of what they did."

Well John, are you saying no one remembers that 38-2 national title team from Lexington?

Here is where cal got into trouble----He underestimated the intelligence of UK fans, and basketball....He also underestimated the passion. Why? Because he never had to deal with it, until NOW, and the past few years. He was dominant----he thought he would stay dominant.....He also felt what he done in Years 1-6 was good enough..........................Forever.

Nope. Not in Lexington.

And with him underestimating the fans, he didn't see anything wrong with the jabs he took.

BIG mistake.

He built this monster with, "Gold Standard", "We are the needle"...."We eat first"----So on and so on. Yet now he wants to blame fans, call them unrealistic----When the expectations UK fans have, were the expectations HE BUILT.

Unless there is a HUGE turn of events, this will be an ugly, ugly divorce.

We are Ky, we should win every game at home, we should be in the top 10 every year, we should win big games, we should be in the final four each year.

• Love
Reactions: kywildcat41086
whether it happens or not, the minute you start talking like some on here and giving the program participation trophies is the exact same moment your program will stop being a premiere program.

Cal wasn't hired to and sure as hell isn't paid to lower expectations

but he has done it possibly more than any coach at UK.

What a silly strawman argument. No one expects to win every game, win the tournament every year, get all players drafted, and other such drivel.

UK fans want:
1. A team that is in the conversation for a title.
2. A team that is at/near the top of the SEC.
3. A team that shows improvement over the course of the season and players who show improvement over the course of their careers here.
4. A coach that makes sensible adjustments to put his team in a position to compete and his players in positions to excel.
5. A team and coach who respect the program's history and its fans, the paying customers.
6. Uniforms that are devoid of checkerboards and other such nonsense. Again, respect tradition here (with an occasional fun one-off).
7. Shorter lines for ice cream at Rupp.
You just explained the state of Kansas Basketball.

KU has all of those things. Yeah, back about 15 years ago, they lost to teams like Wichita State, Bradley, Northern Iowa and one other mid major, but they have been one of the most consistent programs over the last 10 years. They've been a 1 seed multiple times, been in final fours and won a title.

My point is, KU is showing everyone that, even in the toughest conference, you can still win at a consisten level and be a consistent top 10 team.

Yes, the game changed, somewhere around the 2016 season. Programs that had a good stable system, seperated themselves from teams that don't have a sustainable system and unfortunately for us, we are one of the programs that has a program that is not built to work in today’s college basketball climate. Our coach isn't interested in adjusting to it either.

Cal thinks what he did from 09-17 should be enough to carry him to the end, well, it would be, if the end wasn't so disastrous.

No grandkids yet. May not happen unfortunately, it’s up to the higher ups. I’m on call to see to the cats though. I’m open to that.
We have 3…an 8 yr old and 2 three year olds
We hope and pray we’ve taught our children well enough to teach theirs

Reactions: Backer cutter
“… and would complain if we were 20-1.”

When we are 14-7 and barely (actually not) on the bubble.

Is there a dumber thing people that like to act like our fans are the problem say? Let’s hear it.
You would probably say after inheriting 10 million dollars: " They'll probably be only 6 million after taxes"!
Just playing with you.

Reactions: STL_Cat
No you're right. It's a dumb thing to say.
I mean there's probably some subset of the fanbase that would be upset at 20-1. But I don't even know why the head coach of UK would pay those any mind.

But we aren't 20-1 Cal, we are 14-7.
People aren't complaining because we aren't 20-1, they are complaining because we are 14-7.

Last edited:
We have 3…an 8 yr old and 2 three year olds
We hope and pray we’ve taught our children well enough to teach theirs
That’s great! I totally believe in my kids enough to know they will do it right. My daughter and son in law are struggling to have kids and my son is still single and says he is staying that way, so. I get pics of cats and dogs.

No fan thinks we should win every game.
But no way UK should have the record it does against top 25 teams last few years either.
UK should win the SEC regular season 3 out of every 5 years on average and same with the SECT.
UK should be a 1 seed at least every 5 years on average.
UK should be in the Final 4 every 5 years on average.
UK should be a title contender 7 out of every 10 years on average. And should win one per decade on average.
That is absolutely not to much to ask as a fan of UK BASKETBALL.

Pretty su

Is there a dumber thing people that like to act like our fans are the problem say? Let’s hear it.
Pretty sure I didn't say you people. Make it up as you go.
If you complain after losing a close game to Kansas, it's pretty stupid.

That’s the same guy that said the only reason Kentucky fans wanted Reed Sheppard was because he was white.
That's not what I said either.
Just like I didn't say he towns walks slow

What I said was Reed is good but there's a portion of our fan base that really wants him because he's an in state white kid. Someone else in that same thread gave me shit but went on to say Reed checks all the boxes.. he's white and he's from ky, he's a players son

Exactly! It’s gaslighting. I’m quoting a guy on this board who literally said what I put in the thread title. You guys would complain if we were 20-1. Except we are NOT 20-1. We’re 14-freakin-7
And not the same team that was 10-6. Because a loss to Kansas made our fans explode ala every loss that's ever occurred around here.
It wouldn't matter if it was the first loss... I can't help you are incompetent and can't see that. Maybe you will with age little man

And not the same team that was 10-6. Because a loss to Kansas made our fans explode ala every loss that's ever occurred around here.
It wouldn't matter if it was the first loss... I can't help you are incompetent and can't see that. Maybe you will with age little man
We’re 14-7. Your resume is your resume. As far as the committee is concerned, yes it is the same team. The body of work is what it is at this point. Which is why WE desperately needed that win on Saturday.

Take the L, you should be used to this by now.

Reactions: kywildcat41086

I hope that’s the goal to win every game. Cal used to say that is what he wanted to do. I don’t expect it, but I would hope that our coaches and players would strive for that goal!

Last edited:
38-1 made are dan base delusional.....that was an aberration....just like 9-16 was....not gonna win every game these days....our fans fail to realize that.
5-15 against top 25 competition last several yrs. Yeah, we've definitely set the bar to high with expectations. We should storm the court if we can miraculously defeat mighty Ole Miss tomorrow.

We’re 14-7. Your resume is your resume. As far as the committee is concerned, yes it is the same team. The body of work is what it is at this point. Which is why WE desperately needed that win on Saturday.

Take the L, you should be used to this by now.
I'm not wrong.
It's nothing to do with Saturday night. My post was about all our ignorant fans. We have some great fans but I wasn't specifically talking to the ones that aren't very intelligent. Every season, no matter if it's loss #1 or #8 , it's the same people saying the same things. The sky is falling.

There's no blaming fans.... Fans have nothing to do with how the team plays. Just like fans have no say in how long the coach will be here.
I am used to this..... You acting like an oversized 4th grade bully that just got his ass whipped.. posting from another thread.... See guys, tell him guys... Tell him he's wrong guys.
You and your lil 6/8 man crew on here. Slurping every drop from the next

No fan thinks we should win every game.
But no way UK should have the record it does against top 25 teams last few years either.
UK should win the SEC regular season 3 out of every 5 years on average and same with the SECT.
UK should be a 1 seed at least every 5 years on average.
UK should be in the Final 4 every 5 years on average.
UK should be a title contender 7 out of every 10 years on average. And should win one per decade on average.
That is absolutely not to much to ask as a fan of UK BASKETBALL.
I agree they should be better against top 25 teams
They do win the sec tournament and reg season on avg that much
They do avg final 4 every 5 years. They are 7/10 years contender. 16,18 and 21 the only years they haven't been contender since 2013
Win one every decade? You do realize we've had 4 in nearly 80 years right?

What a silly strawman argument. No one expects to win every game, win the tournament every year, get all players drafted, and other such drivel.

UK fans want:
1. A team that is in the conversation for a title.
2. A team that is at/near the top of the SEC.
3. A team that shows improvement over the course of the season and players who show improvement over the course of their careers here.
4. A coach that makes sensible adjustments to put his team in a position to compete and his players in positions to excel.
5. A team and coach who respect the program's history and its fans, the paying customers.
6. Uniforms that are devoid of checkerboards and other such nonsense. Again, respect tradition here (with an occasional fun one-off).
7. Shorter lines for ice cream at Rupp.
You may not expect it because you may be more intelligent than some... Tell me which loss to end the year you were good with? Which loss was all of the fans ok with? Hell name a game we lost, and nobody got on here complaining and talking about how horrible we are. Going back as far as you can remember?

I'm not wrong.
It's nothing to do with Saturday night. My post was about all our ignorant fans. We have some great fans but I wasn't specifically talking to the ones that aren't very intelligent. Every season, no matter if it's loss #1 or #8 , it's the same people saying the same things. The sky is falling.

There's no blaming fans.... Fans have nothing to do with how the team plays. Just like fans have no say in how long the coach will be here.
I am used to this..... You acting like an oversized 4th grade bully that just got his ass whipped.. posting from another thread.... See guys, tell him guys... Tell him he's wrong guys.
You and your lil 6/8 man crew on here. Slurping every drop from the next
People are pissed, because of the way Cal keeps losing these games. You understand that, right?

What adjustments did Cal make to get rebounds Saturday night? Let me guess, put Ware and Wheeler in?

What adjustments did he make in the Saint Peters loss? Evansville loss? South Carolina loss? Any of the losses in 2021?

Team wasn't prepared to play Alabama, Gonzaga and UCLA this year. We were completely uncoached in those games.

Why was cal refusing to play the best lineup until the Tennessee game?

Why did he take the air out of the ball in 2015?

Why did he allow his team to shoot 30 threes against West Virginia in 2010 when he had Cuz, Orton and Patterson inside?

Losing is one thing, but this guy constantly gets outcoached by coaches that have less than half the talent.

So, you now should understand why UK fans get pissed after losses where our 9 million dollar a year coach lost another game to a team with less talent, then stands in the green room at the draft with a big fat smile on his face.

This year, our NCAAT lives are on the line, because he mismanaged this roster from the beginning, so yeah, we're going to get pissed when he loses another home game where he had so many advantages.

You may not expect it because you may be more intelligent than some... Tell me which loss to end the year you were good with? Which loss was all of the fans ok with? Hell name a game we lost, and nobody got on here complaining and talking about how horrible we are. Going back as far as you can remember?

No, but UK should be in about 98% of them.

There shouldn't be 26 point losses, 34 point losses, 15 losses in 20 games against ranked teams. There shouldn't be losses to teams who have a record of 7-8 at home. So on and so forth.

I agree they should be better against top 25 teams
They do win the sec tournament and reg season on avg that much
They do avg final 4 every 5 years. They are 7/10 years contender. 16,18 and 21 the only years they haven't been contender since 2013
Win one every decade? You do realize we've had 4 in nearly 80 years right?
Yup, 4 titles in 80 years, but those coaches made peanuts compared to what Cal is making.

Rupp, Hall, Pitino, Sutton and Tubby, never had the talent Cal has had. UK ponied up a lifetime deal and paid Cal 8.6M a year to make sure UK stays on top. Cal has failed miserably. He not only hasn't kept UK on top, he has nose dived the program to some pretty awful depths.

He’s being compensated at a Nick Saban level, but he’s producing at a Tubby Smith level.

No you're right. It's a dumb thing to say.
I mean there's probably some subset of the fanbase that would be upset at 20-1. But I don't even know why the head coach of UK would pay those any mind.

But we aren't 20-1 Cal, we are 14-7.
People aren't complaining because we aren't 20-1, they are complaining because we are 14-7.
It's all just part of deflecting blame on the fanbase. I saw some whack job on here earlier saying the fans were going to make next year's recruits decide not to come because we are unhappy with Cal.

@Indiana 2011.
@Florida 2013 when Noel got hurt
@Florida 2014
@aTm 2016 (technical foul)
@KU 2016
@Auburn last year (Tyty got hurt)

Not too many people are going to complain about losing true road games at ranked teams, but no UK fan is okay with losing games in Rupp and losing neutral court games against teams with less talent.

I remember when Cal started consistently losing games at home, this was a few years back, and thinking it was a bad omen. His first 5 years I was shocked when we lost at home. I would get twice as angry from a loss at Rupp than one on the road. Now it doesn’t phase me.

THIS.

Cal started the 40-0 shit. He said:

"Lets do it"---My goal before I retire is to win all 40 games.

This after losing in 2015:

"I think the challenge now is, can anybody be 38-0? I don't think so," Calipari said. "If it's done, it will be us.

And this....

"No disrespect to anybody, but who was the national champion two years ago, three years ago, four years ago?" Calipari said. "38-0, that's going to go down. To take away from what my team did last year and say you didn't win it? We won 38 in a row to start. That won't ever be done again. I'm so proud of what they did."

Well John, are you saying no one remembers that 38-2 national title team from Lexington?

Here is where cal got into trouble----He underestimated the intelligence of UK fans, and basketball....He also underestimated the passion. Why? Because he never had to deal with it, until NOW, and the past few years. He was dominant----he thought he would stay dominant.....He also felt what he done in Years 1-6 was good enough..........................Forever.

Nope. Not in Lexington.

And with him underestimating the fans, he didn't see anything wrong with the jabs he took.

BIG mistake.

He built this monster with, "Gold Standard", "We are the needle"...."We eat first"----So on and so on. Yet now he wants to blame fans, call them unrealistic----When the expectations UK fans have, were the expectations HE BUILT.

Unless there is a HUGE turn of events, this will be an ugly, ugly divorce.
He is one bad loss from loud and frequent booing during a game at Rupp. Could come anytime now.

Do I want to win EVERY game............MOST certainly!!!

DO I expect to win EVERY game.............YES!!!!

Do I get UPSET when we lose...............YOU BET!!!!

Am I reasonable enough to realize that we WON'T win every game...............YES.

But to grow up a UK Basketball fan and just be content with mediocrity is UNFATHOMABLE!!!

Cal makes $9 million/year because of the BBN's high expectations!!! It's been the SAME for EVERY coach since Rupp. It blows my mind to think there are UK fans out there that DON'T share my PASSION!!!
Best post in a long time.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT