ADVERTISEMENT

“You people think we should win every game…”

Hard to imagine a good Kansas team losing 4 in a row. I wasn’t expecting a win but was hoping we could pull one out. I’d settle for just beating some ranked teams.

Reactions: bbncal02
“… and would complain if we were 20-1.”

When we are 14-7 and barely (actually not) on the bubble.

Is there a dumber thing people that like to act like our fans are the problem say? Let’s hear it.
Personally, I’m partial to the, “no recruit who reads this board would ever come to UK bc of the mean comments”, angle. Not one other fan base, on this planet, has unhappy fans who question & critique players & coaches. Only UK fans. And, mostly, only UK fans on this board. If we can even be called fans, at all. Really, we’re just miserable jerks, who care way too much about 18-22 year old kids, who we don’t know, bouncing a ball. 🙄🤢

another thing

everyone is talking about the atmosphere are Rupp

who is to blame for that atmosphere not happening but once or twice a year?

its simple to understand

bring in teams the fans want to see UK play and you'll fill up Rupp with excited fans

and in the vein of this thread - no it doesn't have to be Kansas

Rupp would have been rocking with a number of teams that aren't in the top 10 but are traditional basketball powerhouses.

Do I want to win EVERY game............MOST certainly!!!

DO I expect to win EVERY game.............YES!!!!

Do I get UPSET when we lose...............YOU BET!!!!

Am I reasonable enough to realize that we WON'T win every game...............YES.

But to grow up a UK Basketball fan and just be content with mediocrity is UNFATHOMABLE!!!

Cal makes $9 million/year because of the BBN's high expectations!!! It's been the SAME for EVERY coach since Rupp. It blows my mind to think there are UK fans out there that DON'T share my PASSION!!!
Couldn’t have said it better spot on!!!!

You must a fan that was born in 2009. Completely idiotic thinking. We are the gold standard of college ball regardless of the parity today. We should still be a full step above regardless of who our coach is. Losing 7 games to some lousy teams halfway through the season is unacceptable. Our recruiting and coaching should be top level, period. We should not not lose 7games at this stage of the season. I could go on forever but not necessary on this board. There are too many people here that just don’t understand the history of UK basketball. I have been following since 1958 and have never seen it this pitiful. Cal can’t leave soon enough.

do you rememberTubbys nickname.....ten loss Tubby

teams dont ho 38-2 anymore.....thats overwith

“… and would complain if we were 20-1.”

When we are 14-7 and barely (actually not) on the bubble.

Is there a dumber thing people that like to act like our fans are the problem say? Let’s hear it.
Well, DUH! What planet are you from? It's in the constitition. We ARE supposed to win every game.

If you are the head coach at KENTUCKY and are paid nearly $10 million per year, you had damn well better EXPECT to win every game. Otherwise, maybe go sell used cars.
UK was the premier program until Calipari got hold of it. Now, we're dropping like a damned stone.
Someone needs to stop listening to Dookie V and hugging Calipari's nuts.
UK was the premier program under Billy Gillespie? Lol

h52eeuC.png
You forgot to add "WIT".
C'mon man.

What a silly strawman argument. No one expects to win every game, win the tournament every year, get all players drafted, and other such drivel.

UK fans want:
1. A team that is in the conversation for a title.
2. A team that is at/near the top of the SEC.
3. A team that shows improvement over the course of the season and players who show improvement over the course of their careers here.
4. A coach that makes sensible adjustments to put his team in a position to compete and his players in positions to excel.
5. A team and coach who respect the program's history and its fans, the paying customers.
6. Uniforms that are devoid of checkerboards and other such nonsense. Again, respect tradition here (with an occasional fun one-off).
7. Shorter lines for ice cream at Rupp.

What a silly strawman argument. No one expects to win every game, win the tournament every year, get all players drafted, and other such drivel.

UK fans want:
1. A team that is in the conversation for a title.
2. A team that is at/near the top of the SEC.
3. A team that shows improvement over the course of the season and players who show improvement over the course of their careers here.
4. A coach that makes sensible adjustments to put his team in a position to compete and his players in positions to excel.
5. A team and coach who respect the program's history and its fans, the paying customers.
6. Uniforms that are devoid of checkerboards and other such nonsense. Again, respect tradition here (with an occasional fun one-off).
7. Shorter lines for ice cream at Rupp.
#7 is easy, get there early and get your ice cream an hour before the game starts

Reactions: kywildcat41086
It comes down to this:

—We can’t expect to win every game against the Kansas’s of the world

—We should NOT be the team that breaks KU’s 3-game losing streak wt*

OR, if we do wind up stinking up the room like that, we should at least be able to say “d*mm I’m glad that’s rare” instead of shrugging and going, “oh well at least it looked like we were in it for a while there in the second half.”

Kentucky fans aren’t unreasonable. It’s the other way around. We’re good fans and we can shrug off unreasonable outcomes. But we just have our limit of how many unreasonable outcomes we can shrug off in a row before it starts to get to us.

I tend to agree with Cal's take on shooting 3's.
You can't hit them all, but you darn sure can't miss them all, either.

Cal and UK can't win every game he coaches.
But he sure can't continue to lose every important game that matters to UK fans.

Reactions: kywildcat41086
Do I want to win EVERY game............MOST certainly!!!

DO I expect to win EVERY game.............YES!!!!

Do I get UPSET when we lose...............YOU BET!!!!

Am I reasonable enough to realize that we WON'T win every game...............YES.

But to grow up a UK Basketball fan and just be content with mediocrity is UNFATHOMABLE!!!

Cal makes $9 million/year because of the BBN's high expectations!!! It's been the SAME for EVERY coach since Rupp. It blows my mind to think there are UK fans out there that DON'T share my PASSION!!!

all-of-this-pointing.gif

My friend..I think that’s part of the problem
We shouldn’t have to “settle” at ALL
THIS.

There’s a difference between those who’ll aim for the top and those who’ll settle. And that difference matters.

There’s certain things it’s ok to settle on. What dinner you’ll have. What movie you will see.

Excellence is something that should NEVER be compromised.

Ever.

Mediocrity scares the hell out of me. And I won’t apologize for that. I’ve always been an overachiever. Got made fun of it all my life. I don’t care.

I was blessed enough to be born in this Commonwealth and brought up in the UK tradition. It has been inspiring throughout life. And that’s why it’s always felt like I was meant to be a Kentucky fan. We don’t accept mediocrity here. Ever.

And I won’t apologize for that either. If you don’t get it you don’t get it. Fine. But stop bitching at us who do.

THIS.

There’s a difference between those who’ll aim for the top and those who’ll settle. And that difference matters.

There’s certain things it’s ok to settle on. What dinner you’ll have. What movie you will see.

Excellence is something that should NEVER be compromised.

Ever.

Mediocrity scares the hell out of me. And I won’t apologize for that. I’ve always been an overachiever. Got made fun of it all my life. I don’t care.

I was blessed enough to be born in this Commonwealth and brought up in the UK tradition. It has been inspiring throughout life. And that’s why it’s always felt like I was meant to be a Kentucky fan. We don’t accept mediocrity here. Ever.

And I won’t apologize for that either. If you don’t get it you don’t get it. Fine. But stop bitching at us who do.
Been trying to put those words together for nearly 8 years. Never could. No wonder I never got a song published lol.

My favorite thing that Cal has done is help me get over losses quicker. I was fine as soon as the buzzer sounded last night because it happens so regularly.
I wasn't. I'm fine today (still miffed) but not like last night. I've always been that way though. Losses are allowed to irk me for no more than 24 hours. Reg season that is. Now, tourney losses are a different story.

ADVERTISEMENT