ADVERTISEMENT

“This Is A Starting Point”

A national title would satisfy BBN for another half-decade and put Cal in the elite category.

It would be huge if it happens. We've had so many close calls since '12, with the way games ended in '14, '15, '17, and '18.

A national title would satisfy BBN for another half-decade and put Cal in the elite category.

It would be huge if it happens. We've had so many close calls since '12, with the way games ended in '14, '15, '17, and '18.
14&15 are on Cal, he lost those games. 17 was a crooked ref. 18, was a deeply flawed team that went farther than it should have. Luck has nothing to do with it.

14&15 are on Cal, he lost those games. 17 was a crooked ref. 18, was a deeply flawed team that went farther than it should have. Luck has nothing to do with it.

Not sure I would put any of them on Cal. I mean, sure he made some mistakes, and those happen every game. And as far as his strategy, it's easy to second guess things after the fact. Maybe a different one works, maybe it doesn't. Having said all of that, there were a lot of factors that went in to losing in 14 & 15. Randle playing at 50%, not having Cauley-Stein at all in 14, shot clock violations, Booker getting abused on defense, and Willie being essentially a no show in 15. None of those are on the coach.

Not sure I would put any of them on Cal. I mean, sure he made some mistakes, and those happen every game. And as far as his strategy, it's easy to second guess things after the fact. Maybe a different one works, maybe it doesn't. Having said all of that, there were a lot of factors that went in to losing in 14 & 15. Randle playing at 50%, not having Cauley-Stein at all in 14, shot clock violations, Booker getting abused on defense, and Willie being essentially a no show in 15. None of those are on the coach.

This. I’d argue WCS lost that game far more than Cal did. The 7 foot DPOY played like 5’8” scared high schooler. The moment was too big for Willie. Love the guy, but he froze in the headlights that day.

Ole Roy fell down yesterday...

373c1e883acb4dba9ced4c62a123ba69.jpg

15 would have sealed the deal for life as far as I am concerned. We do need one soon though we have been to close and been robbed to much.

Reactions: BBUK
15 was also heavily affected by that same ref. Without that critical no call on the shot clock and the "out of bounds save for a layup)they go into having to be perfect every possession to stay in it. On top of them (a perimeter oriented team who shot 20 3s) shooting 22 free throws. Compared to the bull ball, physical, inside out team only shooting 10 fts (made 9) all the while only shooting 5 3s (made 3). We attacked, attacked, attacked, and got minimal calls all the while they shot freethrows on 50% of their possessions that didn't end in a 3pt attempt.

We still should have won 14 even tho WCS was out and JR was playing at 60%.

10, 14, 15, 17. Those 4 years all were title teams. To not get at least 1 of them hurts.

15 was also heavily affected by that same ref. Without that critical no call on the shot clock and the "out of bounds save for a layup)they go into having to be perfect every possession to stay in it. On top of them (a perimeter oriented team who shot 20 3s) shooting 22 free throws. Compared to the bull ball, physical, inside out team only shooting 10 fts (made 9) all the while only shooting 5 3s (made 3). We attacked, attacked, attacked, and got minimal calls all the while they shot freethrows on 50% of their possessions that didn't end in a 3pt attempt.

We still should have won 14 even tho WCS was out and JR was playing at 60%.

10, 14, 15, 17. Those 4 years all were title teams. To not get at least 1 of them hurts.

I think we would have had a great shot in 11 too if Kanter wasn't unfairly ruled ineligible.

ADVERTISEMENT