ADVERTISEMENT

“KyKy Tandy”

"Kentucky has reportedly “moved on” from 2019 4⭐️ in-state CG, Dekeyvan “KyKy” Tandy."

So have I. In 30 months or so when he has a good game for Wright State or whoever, people can say I told You So. Until then, ByeBye KyKy. We hardly knew ye, and yet we heard too much from your dad.

I only wanted him because of his first name........ but now he is a HARD PASS

Am I a minority here thinking that what his dad said isn't too crazy? His dad recognizes the beast that Cal has built and if you're not damn good, you won't get much clock and you will get over recruited. He simply wants what is best for his son. If playing time is important to the kid then KY is probably not the best place for him. It's not like Kentucky is the only way to get to the pros.

Am I a minority here thinking that what his dad said isn't too crazy? His dad recognizes the beast that Cal has built and if you're not damn good, you won't get much clock and you will get over recruited. He simply wants what is best for his son. If playing time is important to the kid then KY is probably not the best place for him. It's not like Kentucky is the only way to get to the pros.
That’s fine and probably the truth. You just don’t say it publicly and expect an offer from Cal

"Kentucky has reportedly “moved on” from 2019 4⭐️ in-state CG, Dekeyvan “KyKy” Tandy."

So have I. In 30 months or so when he has a good game for Wright State or whoever, people can say I told You So. Until then, ByeBye KyKy. We hardly knew ye, and yet we heard too much from your dad.
He'll play at a very good D1, P5 school, but please continue.

Come on down Dontaie Allen!!

EDIT: Where do you think Kyky will go?
Word around town is that he loves Mick Cronin and Cincy. Don't count out Steve Prohm at Iowa State either.

Not much buzz on UofL...his cousin Scotty Hopson went to UT, but I think he wants his own path....which could lead to Scotty's coach Bruce Pearl and Auburn...I think that's the spot for him.

Reactions: Simple_Man

I think you are. Dad's should be involved in their child's future and assist anyway they can. Not sure what his dad does for a living but I hope he does well.

A parent should get involved to the point they realize who or what is influencing their child. At the point you realize you have the best at what he does involved and is a proven commodity, a smart parent realizes at that point they may not be the best influence going forward but surely can observe to insure continued movement forward.

Ole KyKy's daddy may have P_SSED in his proverbial Wheaties...Don't blame Cal, and don't blame UK. (I'd have loved for KyKy to have been a KY Cat...all it seems he will do now is be an advertisement for KY Cat's.) (I hope it's at KU or Duke, or IU, or u of l....the only reason why is that every game UK has to be mentioned. It will be a laughable event for four years every time that kid plays.)

Reactions: Col. Angus
Word around town is that he loves Mick Cronin and Cincy. Don't count out Steve Prohm at Iowa State either.

Not much buzz on UofL...his cousin Scotty Hopson went to UT, but I think he wants his own path....which could lead to Scotty's coach Bruce Pearl and Auburn...I think that's the spot for him.
Xavier was recruiting him but appears Mack hasn't been that interested since moving to UL.

Don't be surprised if he ends up at Western Kentucky.

Krashitski should wise-up and snap him up, and quickly before he gets away.

I can hear Ole Bilas now; And there goes Kentucky oh ah, er KyKy on a fast break. A Kentucky uh, I mean a Duke score. Kentucky was the most valuable player uh I mean KyKy was the MVP in today's game. Yeah, it would be a riot.

Can you imagine Pukey V calling a Duke game where KyKy is playing for DUke Baby...[laughing]

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Of course what his dad said did not help him, but his dad did not want him setting on the bench for 4 yrs, Cal would have never offer him anyway I don't think, Cal not big on getting Ky kids.. Hope he does not end up at Tn, Fla. Auburn, or the Ville and scores 30 pts against us..

Of course what his dad said did not help him, but his dad did not want him setting on the bench for 4 yrs, Cal would have never offer him anyway I don't think, Cal not big on getting Ky kids.. Hope he does not end up at Tn, Fla. Auburn, or the Ville and scores 30 pts against us..
Cal is fine getting Ky kids if they are a fit. He does not do well with parents like these of 5 stars let alone a kid who is not at the top of the board for UK. Your not going to whine your way into playing time.

Krashitski should wise-up and snap him up, and quickly before he gets away.

I can hear Ole Bilas now; And there goes Kentucky oh ah, er KyKy on a fast break. A Kentucky uh, I mean a Duke score. Kentucky was the most valuable player uh I mean KyKy was the MVP in today's game. Yeah, it would be a riot.

Can you imagine Pukey V calling a Duke game where KyKy is playing for DUke Baby...[laughing]

That would be funny

Reactions: BBUK
Kyky to puke is laughable...
Flash in pan, may not even end Mr basketball for kentucky...his dad's remarks prove what is wrong with parenting today. Friendship over respect

Reactions: Mike-D
Solution to those wanting experience: bring in more grad transfers.

Gives UK a guy with 3 years experience at a high level, physically and emotionally tond up to play under Cal and lead.

Julius Mays worked. Travis will work. No need for KyKy Dandys of the world if we pursue this path.

Flash in pan, may not even end Mr basketball for kentucky...his dad's remarks prove what is wrong with parenting today. Friendship over respect

Yeah but it is fun thinking about it...

I'm not being a homer for my city....but Kyky is a major division 1 player. Maybe not Duke, UK, or Kansas...but not everyone is that level.

When:
Oklahoma (2016 Final 4, had some good nba guys over the years
Florida (2 National title, 1 overall seed in 2014, and multiple NBA guys)
Iowa State (Power 5 tournament contender over the past few years)
Kansas State (Put us out and Bruce Weber knows talent)
Tennessee (Rick Barnes knows top talent)
Auburn (Want to doubt Bruce Pearl's knowledge)

When those guys make him a priority...he's a darn good player. Dom Hawkins was only getting looked at by Morehead before we swooped in and got him.

I'm not being a homer for my city....but Kyky is a major division 1 player. Maybe not Duke, UK, or Kansas...but not everyone is that level.

When:

When those guys make him a priority...he's a darn good player. Dom Hawkins was only getting looked at by Morehead before we swooped in and got him.
Great list of teams who aren't even in the first tier of college coaches.great compelling stuff.
Now zion Harmon seems to be the ky kid Cal shouldn't miss on...

When:

He’s a Chris Lofton caliber player. I like his game a lot but it isn’t happening at UK. I certainly hope we do take Dontaie Allen, who is probably a better fit and has the talent to become a starter down the road if he has the patience.

I'm just saying...watch the kid for yourself in person. Height is the ONLY reason he is not a top 25 player. He has unlimited range shooting and is a highly efficient % from deep. Crazy athletic....just watch him one time and you will see.

Yeah let’s keep getting the big contributors like Hami and Vanderbilt. Oh yeah Tai and Humpries were terrific scholarships. Sure miss those guys.

I'm just saying...watch the kid for yourself in person. Height is the ONLY reason he is not a top 25 player. He has unlimited range shooting and is a highly efficient % from deep. Crazy athletic....just watch him one time and you will see.

no doubt the kid can play on the H.S. level
how he does at a major college is yet to be determined
it does seem like his father is afraid of competition
so i highly doubt the kid will go to any top level school

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT