ADVERTISEMENT

“It didn’t have any effect on their performance”

C8TS

Junior
Nov 8, 2011
Pitino just said on 790 radio that the parties didn’t make any difference on the court and they should keep the banner ... he said “it’s not like academic fraud or performance enhancing drugs.”

Huh? What an idiot.

Last time I checked, academic fraud doesn’t have anything to do with on court play either. Fact is, your program broke the rules by playing with ineligible players (because they received impermissable benefits). What’s so hard to understand about that? Derrick Rose ACT score had no effect on the games played either, but that was taken away. Hmmmmm

He is completely unfiltered right now on the radio - more so than his reading a script from yesterday. The guy has completely lost it.

I am so glad Pitino is forever linked to lOOieville. He is the gift that keeps on giving. I hope he never shuts up.

Question: Did Fifteeno pay Porcini's dry cleaning bill for that table cloth?

Or did that not matter either?
hrh.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctor-J
What he is saying is not too far from what ESPN folks are saying.Rules don't matter depending on who is breaking them.If it were UK things would be different,if it were Duke KU or UNC it never happened. the UL ruling is a hollow victory unless you live in Jefferson county,I get that, but the NCAA forfeited the right to punish anyone when UNC walked away from 20 years of cheating.without penalty.

Now that the NCAA has taken a banner anyone with one ,who is not named Duke or UNC, better be careful

I wish UL would sue the NCAA.

He just keeps popping up and coming back when nobody wants to see him and nobody cares what he has to say.
1375509199_601.hell.baby.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: Cindog28
What he is saying is not too far from what ESPN folks are saying.Rules don't matter depending on who is breaking them.If it were UK things would be different,if it were Duke KU or UNC it never happened. the UL ruling is a hollow victory unless you live in Jefferson county,I get that, but the NCAA forfeited the right to punish anyone when UNC walked away from 20 years of cheating.without penalty.

Now that the NCAA has taken a banner anyone with one ,who is not named Duke or UNC, better be careful

I wish UL would sue the NCAA.
What would be their legal basis for a lawsuit?

What would be their legal basis for a lawsuit?

Playing Devil's advocate, since NOBODY has ever had to give up a national championship before, UL could argue that they were unfairly singled out and the rules are not being enforced fairly.

If he ever were to land another college job the NCAA will remember him bucking them and the rules. Good example of a good coach gone bad.

If Pitino doesn't like the NCAA and their rules and he wants to coach, he could try one of 70 or so D1 NAIA schools.
The National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics has 249 member colleges and universities for athletic competition.

Why did they even have him on. Tard fans really should just want him to go away and shut up, you would think.

Last time I checked, academic fraud doesn’t have anything to do with on court play either.

Academic fraud allows a program to have players compete who might otherwise be ineligible. That’s a definite competitive advantage.

Not only that it’s morally reprehensible and cheats the student-athlete of a legitimate education.

They shouldn't have been playing in the first place..they certainly wouldn't have won a championship with just Peyton the blur and pushoff Hancock

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Playing Devil's advocate, since NOBODY has ever had to give up a national championship before, UL could argue that they were unfairly singled out and the rules are not being enforced fairly.
Unfairly singled out. Would lOOieville be able to give examples of member schools whose athletic programs had, over a period of years, sex parties for recruits and athletes, were caught and either lightly punished or not punished at all?

Last edited:
Reactions: bigbluegrog
U6 simply had to forfeit games played using ineligible players. The same penalty a bunch of schools have gotten. It just so happens that U6 won the title in that timeframe.

U6 simply had to forfeit games played using ineligible players. The same penalty a bunch of schools have gotten. It just so happens that U6 won the title in that timeframe.

Taking the other side, from an NCAA standpoint, what was worse: seeking a recruiting advantage or keeping athletes eligible with fake classes? One could argue that the later is clearly worse.

They tried that one, in their appeal.

Again playing Devil's Advocate, it failed in the appeal because of blatant NCAA inconsistencies. A court of law might take a different view than an NCAA that routinely plays favorites.

Yea, but no one has ever paid for strippers to show up in their dorm - so of course they are singled out because they are the only idiots to ever do it and get caught.

Taking the other side, from an NCAA standpoint, what was worse: seeking a recruiting advantage or keeping athletes eligible with fake classes? One could argue that the later is clearly worse.
They’re both horrible. The way U6 went about seeking a recruiting advantage is as bad as it gets. But UNCheat deserved a stiff penalty. I’m not saying they didn’t. Back to the original point though, the U6 penalty was completely consistent with what the NCAA has been doing in terms of ineligible players.

Yea, but no one has ever paid for strippers to show up in their dorm - so of course they are singled out because they are the only idiots to ever do it and get caught.

[roll]Every time I read that, I just burst out laughing. Classic!

Back to the original point though, the U6 penalty was completely consistent with what the NCAA has been doing in terms of ineligible players.

Exactly. I don’t see why the ruling is so shocking. Impermissable benefits = ineligible players = forfeit games.

Doesn’t take a genius to figure it out.

Reactions: gojvc
UL got what they deserved, but yes, UNCHEAT SHOULD have gotten a huge penalty and lost some of their ill gotten banners as well.

Reactions: preacherfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT