ADVERTISEMENT

“How UK & Duke Would Look w/no OADs”

I’m going small ball and starting Knox or conventional with Lyles over Skal in starting lineup.

Our squad is very deep with some dynamite guards!

I'm sorry but SR Trey Lyles would be starting.

Imagine a roster of Cal's recruits from the first 4 years if they had stayed.

Starters: Wall(senior), Knight(junior), Kidd-Gilchrist(sophomore), Davis(sophomore), Cousins(Senior)

Sixth man: Bledsoe(senior)

Bench: Teague(sophomore), Lamb(junior), Goodwin(freshman), Poythress(freshman), Jones(junior), Cauley-Stein(freshman), and Noel(freshman)

Starters: Wall(senior), Knight(junior), Kidd-Gilchrist(sophomore), Davis(sophomore), Cousins(Senior)

Bench: Teague(sophomore), Lamb(junior), Goodwin(freshman), Poythress(freshman), Jones(junior), Cauley-Stein(freshman), and Noel(freshman)
dude....that's scary to think about.

The point of this article is stupid!

Who is returning (or expected to return) affects who commits the following year. We would have not gotten Knight if Wall and Bledsoe were returning. No Monk if Murray returns. And so on. But on the flip side, we would have brought in guys, but we don't know who they would have been.

It will be interesting to see when the NBA draft rules change, how will our team be structured, and how will the new rules affect our roster the next few years.

Normally on the threads asking which team was the greatest at UK, I go with the '96 team.

However, this team would equal, if not surpass, the '96 team.

It would have been devastating to the college basketball world.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT