ADVERTISEMENT

“Did you feel you let Coach Self down when Deandre Ayton did not go to the University of Kansas?”

And Bill Self knew about none of it. Ever.

He didn't pick up on the pattern that every person with a brain on the internet had been discussing for years.

Didn't think there was anything suspicious. Didn't ask any questions.

Just figured Kentucky didn't want the best player in the country at a position of need who had begged them for an offer. Figured he'd fit nicely next to Bragg and Preston down low.

You keep stating this, why? Cynicism with the NCAA I'm guessing?

yes... and because it's common sense and the corruption is so widespread that rather than spend money to inforce current rules they're more likely to create new rules that lets all the mentioned schools off the hook that haven't already been punished.

yes... and because it's common sense and the corruption is so widespread that rather than spend money to inforce current rules they're more likely to create new rules that lets all the mentioned schools off the hook that haven't already been punished.

I hope you're wrong, and I feel this case may be different, but I admit I may be giving myself false hope. I understand where you're coming from. I'm optimistic though.

If it were UK instead of KU, they'd shut down the program, and this board, for that matter.

No they wouldn't.

Considering Coach Cal and UK were reprimanded for a minor celebration of Coach Cal's, in their eyes, “unofficial” 500th win, compared to the virtual no show the NCAA has done in regards to legal issues surrounding Kansas. Yeah, I'd say there are two different standards there.

Not to mention Josh Selby vs. Enes Kanter. But I don't have to tell you twice. I'd be in denial too if I were the beneficiary of so much bullshit.

Last edited:
Forde probably prays for a couple hours every night that UK will be implicated. Probably not in this case, but if they look into Nike.

He didn't pick up on the pattern that every person with a brain on the internet had been discussing for years.

Just figured Kentucky didn't want the best player in the country at a position of need who had begged them for an offer. Figured he'd fit nicely next to Bragg and Preston down low.
Everybody on here was totally baffled that Cal wasn’t paying any attention to Ayton, myself included.

Welp.....

It's not that Kansas doesn't deserve it. It's that the NCAA couldn't bare to hurt darling Bill Self. Self is a crook & has been playing this game for years. He can stupidly act like he had no idea anything of the sort was ever occurring but he's always known. I'm sure he has never arranged money to be paid to anyone, but he knows Adidas has been. You're an absolute moron if you thing otherwise.

Also, I agree with Angus. NCAA isn't going to want to hurt too many big name schools; however, it also gives us another example of the NCAA's selective justice that they've dispensed throughout it's corrupt existence.

Self almost crapped his pants when Wiggins chose Kansas. What happened? Adidas! I don't think they paid Wiggins to choose Kansas before he went but they dealed with him & made a promise that he cashed on the moment he left Kansas. It was the largest shoe deal in history at the time. And Wiggins was a NIKE guy all through high school.

My point...Self knows Kansas is very important to Adidas & their brand & that they'll pull whatever strings to help. He just shut his eyes looked the other way & pretends to be shocked by all this corruption.

Reactions: westerncat
Everybody on here was totally baffled that Cal wasn’t paying any attention to Ayton, myself included.

Welp.....

I remember reading an article where Ayton said the only schools consistently recruiting him were Kansas and Arizona, and that he was also hearing from like Baylor or somewhere small.

When that was posted here, I think we all knew Cal was staying away on purpose, just like he did with Quincy Miller, Chris Walker, Lance Stephenson, Deuce Bello, Rodney Purvis, Kobi Simmons, Carlton Bragg, Billy Preston, Emmanuel Mudiay, Cliff Alexander, Diamond Stone, Antonio Blakeney, Josh Jackson, Dennis Smith Jr, Thon Maker, Devonta Pollard, Bruce Brown, Terrance Ferguson, Collin Sexton, Mitchell Robinson, Tre Duval, Troy Brown, Brian Bowen, Romeo Langford, Simi Shittu, Charles Bassey, Naz Reid, Louis King, Kira Lewis and others.

...and then you start looking at patterns and coincidences and affiliations and school choices and shoe companies and apparently Bill Self knows less about recruiting than I do.

Because of KU's status as the first team in on Ayton and the team that invested the most time recruiting him, many believed that Ayton would have a difficult time saying no to KU coach Bill Self and lead recruiter Kurtis Townsend.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2016/sep/06/deandre-ayton-commits-ku/

Right now, it’s Kansas. That’s it,” Ayton told the Courier-Journal’s Kyle Tucker. “I’m only seeing Kansas right now. I don’t know (why). The word is I’m not going to college or something, but I say college is a must.”

https://usatodayhss.com/2016/why-is...-deandre-ayton-only-being-recruited-by-kansas

I remember reading an article where Ayton said the only schools consistently recruiting him were Kansas and Arizona, and that he was also hearing from like Baylor or somewhere small.

When that was posted here, I think we all knew Cal was staying away on purpose, just like he did with Quincy Miller, Chris Walker, Lance Stephenson, Deuce Bello, Rodney Purvis, Kobi Simmons, Carlton Bragg, Billy Preston, Emmanuel Mudiay, Cliff Alexander, Diamond Stone, Antonio Blakeney, Josh Jackson, Dennis Smith Jr, Thon Maker, Devonta Pollard, Bruce Brown, Terrance Ferguson, Collin Sexton, Mitchell Robinson, Tre Duval, Troy Brown, Brian Bowen, Romeo Langford, Simi Shittu, Charles Bassey, Naz Reid, Louis King, Kira Lewis and others.

...and then you start looking at patterns and coincidences and affiliations and school choices and shoe companies and apparently Bill Self knows less about recruiting than I do.

/thread

He, Pitino and Williams are the three smartest know-nothing coaches ever to walk the planet!

From everything I read, it seems to boil down to this...coaches would call the Adidas guys for help getting players to come to their school. They didn't want to know the details, they just knew that if I call these guys and ask for help, they would deliver the players. We now are seeing how they delivered the players and the coaches are acting like they had no idea this is what was going on. They maintained plausible deniability even though a five year old could see what was happening. The next big question will be, does the NCAA let them slide on this BS or do they call a spade a spade and nail them for it?

From everything I read, it seems to boil down to this...coaches would call the Adidas guys for help getting players to come to their school. They didn't want to know the details, they just knew that if I call these guys and ask for help, they would deliver the players. We now are seeing how they delivered the players and the coaches are acting like they had no idea this is what was going on. They maintained plausible deniability even though a five year old could see what was happening. The next big question will be, does the NCAA let them slide on this BS or do they call a spade a spade and nail them for it?
Absolutely what was going on.

Absolutely what was going on.

Not really. Besides, you think only a handful of players handlers are getting handouts from shoe companies and agents? You think it started with this past class? I don't want to hear "the top kids don't need the money, because they are going to be millionaires" argument either. I am sure there are many families who do not know the AAU coach or other hanger ons are trying to get theirs, but to think this is an isolated incident, when the NCAA is changing their rules on high school and college kids being able to sign and take money from agents because of this, is naive.

The NCAA did not set up the Condoleeza Rice commission, and adapted new rules from that commission (because of this FBI investigation), only to turn around and not punish all the parties involved. Ain't gonna happen. Universities are going to get punished.

That doesn't make sense. Adopting new rules which allow what this investigation is purporting to prosecute and you think the NCAA will punish schools for things it will allow soon?

ADVERTISEMENT