ADVERTISEMENT

“Anti-Vaxxers”

CastleRubric

Senior
Nov 11, 2011
50ampfuse.blog
This is another term that popped up and was quickly marketed and engineered for wide spread adoption without critical examination

But what does it mean ?

Does this term include those who pick and choose which vaccines they will take ?

Not all vaccines are equally effective and there is a steady increase in the types of vaccines produced

Production methods are changing and each person has their own set of medical conditions depending on age , sex , immune system function etc

For those that use this term - what do u mean by it ?

When do you consider it applicable?

Reactions: chroix
I think generally someone believing they know more about medicine or science than their doctor is foolish. Recently in America we have more and more people who think they are experts on areas of science because they skimmed an article and it's incredibly dangerous. People study for years to become experts in a scientific field and it's important we trust those people and listen to them. When we don't, and we all try to figure out things for ourselves based on things we read online, it's a detriment to our entire society. I think that's why those who want to make their own judgments on various medically beneficial vaccines are correctly looked down upon.

Doing a little winter nightfishing? I hope you brought some warm clothing.

Hahaha-
I can’t sleep tonight
And it IS cold outside (I’m in Claiborne Co TN now)

There are also some pretty strange animal / sounds happening and there’s someone driving up and out repeatedly to ...Never mind- I’m going to spy on this shit and shake the dew off the Eli-Lily

Reactions: awf
I think generally someone believing they know more about medicine or science than their doctor is foolish. Recently in America we have more and more people who think they are experts on areas of science because they skimmed an article and it's incredibly dangerous. People study for years to become experts in a scientific field and it's important we trust those people and listen to them. When we don't, and we all try to figure out things for ourselves based on things we read online, it's a detriment to our entire society. I think that's why those who want to make their own judgments on various medically beneficial vaccines are correctly looked down upon.
Blame the lawyers. You ever listen to a personal injury lawyer with their "has this ______ product led to a bloody nose or worst than __________. You may be due $100,000,000 now. Call us within 20 days or it may be too late" crap? You ever hear a pharmaceutical commercial that starts out "(for only 15 seconds) this will definitely cure the Corona Virus, (the other 45 seconds) side effects may include pain while the needle goes in for the vaccine, hungriness when not fed for 3 days..." crap?

There are people who harbor resistance based on bad data / ignorance - sure

but it didn’t seem like you left any room there for any other rational path than to obey your Dr/PA/etc — because they know best in that situation

ideally people are engaged and owing their health and also making an effort to pose good questions - sometimes learning occurs iteratively between ppl so you asking questions and talking with your DR may lead to a new health care /lifestyle

By the early / mod 2000s — Plenty of healthcare / public health books and sources were widely acknowledging that the HC/PH Marketplace was seeing a shift to “patient centered care “ — while also noting that , overall, patients were becoming better educated about options/. Risks etc

So the people who know their bodies and risk matrix better than anyone else - once they gather credible data that supports avoiding certain vaccines or procedures....THOSE people are deserving of respect in their decisions

Right ?

It’s a very good topic with lots of angles -
Go Cats

Reactions: warrior-cat
This is another term that popped up and was quickly marketed and engineered for wide spread adoption without critical examination

But what does it mean ?

Does this term include those who pick and choose which vaccines they will take ?

Not all vaccines are equally effective and there is a steady increase in the types of vaccines produced

Production methods are changing and each person has their own set of medical conditions depending on age , sex , immune system function etc

For those that use this term - what do u mean by it ?

When do you consider it applicable?

I never really heard the term until several years ago when Jenny McCarthy floated a theory in her book that vaccines caused autism. It seemed to gain traction from there as parents started opting out of vaccinating their babies based on such theory which has since been widely and loudly discredited, including by McCarthy herself.
The damage has been done evidenced by measles outbreaks in this country and there are still parents who do not get their kids vaccinated. It confounds me. These parents have themselves received the same vaccines they refuse for their kids.

Those are the folks I lump into “anti-vaxxer” category. To me it’s an entirely different group than adults who opt out of flu/Covid/tetanus vaccines, etc.

Internet doctors........I have an acquaintance who his wife never finished HS..........she is always diagnosing him and their children.......I think the crazy beotch is going to kill on of her kids trying to treat them for who knows.....she had her husband go to the hospital emergency room because she had decided he was having a heart attack......he wasn't but spent a lot of time going to the emergency room.......they told him not to come back unless he was on a gurney......

• Haha
Reactions: wildcatwelder
Blame the lawyers. You ever listen to a personal injury lawyer with their "has this ______ product led to a bloody nose or worst than __________. You may be due $100,000,000 now. Call us within 20 days or it may be too late" crap? You ever hear a pharmaceutical commercial that starts out "(for only 15 seconds) this will definitely cure the Corona Virus, (the other 45 seconds) side effects may include pain while the needle goes in for the vaccine, hungriness when not fed for 3 days..." crap?

I always hate hearing about the side effects. I kind of would rather not know than be warned. When I was younger I was having issues sleeping and the doctor thought it might be depression. He was going to prescribe me a medication to help with that but one of the side effects was possible erectile disfunction. I said I would definitely be depressed with that side effect and declined the medication.

• Haha
Reactions: wildcatwelder
I've said this before.. as an IT Engineer.. I dont apply patches on my systems the day they come out. I wait a few weeks. Time and time again I've seen vendors from Microsoft to Apple to Cisco go "oops, that patch broke a ton of shit, sorry"..

So translate that to a brand new vaccine, that's going in our bodies, and yeah.. im gonna wait a little bit. Im not putting shit in my body until I know more about the ramifications. Hell, I spent a whole day reading Amazon reviews about what Air Purifier to get..

And I got COVID anyways, so whats the rush..

I never knew how politically biased and deceitful the (public) medical and science community were until Covid 19. Maybe they were just scared or incompetent - maybe it was malicious.

This doesn’t impact my vaccine thoughts. They are excellent and have changed the world in a way we probably can’t even fathom. I understand the hesitation with a new one - but I’ll be all in with the C19 ones (hopefully the J&J).

Reactions: parrott

People studied for years to be experts in space shuttle engineering.

Just saying. Things can go wrong.

People studied for years to be experts in space shuttle engineering.

Just saying. Things can go wrong.
Yeah, but if you're going into space and you have the ability to let a nurse and a shuttle engineer go over the shuttle before launch and you can only listen to the suggestions of one of them, you're not going with the nurse just because she likes space and he took an L in '86.

Reactions: Col. Angus
I've said this before.. as an IT Engineer.. I dont apply patches on my systems the day they come out. I wait a few weeks. Time and time again I've seen vendors from Microsoft to Apple to Cisco go "oops, that patch broke a ton of shit, sorry"..

So translate that to a brand new vaccine, that's going in our bodies, and yeah.. im gonna wait a little bit. Im not putting shit in my body until I know more about the ramifications. Hell, I spent a whole day reading Amazon reviews about what Air Purifier to get..

And I got COVID anyways, so whats the rush..

Maybe you should have spent ten minutes researching how household air purifiers work. That might have saved you most of the day.

A fine piece to help you comprehend what the alliance between outsourcing, technology and progressivism is doing.

Yeah, but if you're going into space and you have the ability to let a nurse and a shuttle engineer go over the shuttle before launch and you can only listen to the suggestions of one of them, you're not going with the nurse just because she likes space and he took an L in '86.

Or...I’ll let someone else go until space travel is more, you know, established. You see, anti-vax and anti-THIS vaccine are not nearly the same.

A lot of health care care workers have declined it. Are they ignorant?

Or...I’ll let someone else go until space travel is more, you know, established. You see, anti-vax and anti-THIS vaccine are not nearly the same.

A lot of health care care workers have declined it. Are they ignorant?
Can you cite a source on what percentage of health care workers and what kind of health care workers are turning down the vaccine? An epidemiologist, a nursing assistant, a pharmacist, a podiatrist... Those are very different things. Some would know what they're talking about, some wouldn't. Also, if 4 out of 5 dentists agree, then it's a good toothpaste. Every field has crack pots. For me, I'm looking for a general consensus of experts.

400k people have died thus far, you're going to space either way in this analogy. Just a matter of which shuttle you're on and who you're bringing with you.

Can you cite a source on what percentage of health care workers and what kind of health care workers are turning down the vaccine? An epidemiologist, a nursing assistant, a pharmacist, a podiatrist... Those are very different things. Some would know what they're talking about, some wouldn't. Also, if 4 out of 5 dentists agree, then it's a good toothpaste. Every field has crack pots. For me, I'm looking for a general consensus of experts.

400k people have died thus far, you're going to space either way in this analogy. Just a matter of which shuttle you're on and who you're bringing with you.

LA Times-

“They are frontline workers with top-priority access to the COVID-19 vaccine, but they are refusing to take it.

At St. Elizabeth Community Hospital in Tehama County, fewer than half of the 700 hospital workers eligible for the vaccine were willing to take the shot when it was first offered. At Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, one in five frontline nurses and doctors have declined the shot. Roughly 20% to 40% of L.A. County’s frontline workers who were offered the vaccine did the same, according to county public health officials.”

Just one article about LA after a cursory search. Other regions had similar stories.

That’s a lot of crackpots.

It sure is. I agree. Still a vast majority accepting the vaccine, some even trying to jump the line to get it, and in the two weeks since that article was written, numbers have gone up. Trust the overwhelming general consensus of experts over your favorite blog or podcast. End of story.

Reactions: JDHoss and vhcat70
I never really heard the term until several years ago when Jenny McCarthy floated a theory in her book that vaccines caused autism. It seemed to gain traction from there as parents started opting out of vaccinating their babies based on such theory which has since been widely and loudly discredited, including by McCarthy herself.
The damage has been done evidenced by measles outbreaks in this country and there are still parents who do not get their kids vaccinated. It confounds me. These parents have themselves received the same vaccines they refuse for their kids.

Those are the folks I lump into “anti-vaxxer” category. To me it’s an entirely different group than adults who opt out of flu/Covid/tetanus vaccines, etc.
Agreed. It's criminal when ignorant ass parents choose to not vaccinate their children with proven vaccines. It not only effects the child, but all those who that child comes into contact with.

As to the China virus vaccine: I'm opting to wait to see how many of you begin growing an arm from your forehead first before I take the rushed up version. As of right now my employer is only asking who wants it, but I realize that they will soon mandating it, and then I'll have a tough decision to make.

Reactions: Gassy_Knowls
The Covid vaccine isn't a vaccine. It's a treatment. But you can't call it a treatment because then other people will ask for other treatment options. It has to be called a vaccine.

The problem with experts in fields of science saying what they think is that it may not be statistically accurate. Nor does being an expert mean you have good judgment.

I accept the covid vaccines because of the efficacy test results being statistically backed. As for negative effects, 40M injections worldwide has not seen death one nor any permanent harm caused by either Pfizer's or Moderna's. Just how much more data do you need? 8B people vaccinated before you? And the first test subjects have nine months of history with them now.

Net, I think those resisting now have an irrational fear UNLESS they have existing medical conditions that may cause a sever reaction. Yes, I'm getting my first shot in 9 days.

Reactions: entropy13
Yeah that's an established vaccine. I can see why people would be hesitant about the Covid vaccine.
So how long and how many shots does it take to make these vaccines established? More than 40M shots? More than 9 months? The year 2084?

LA Times-

“They are frontline workers with top-priority access to the COVID-19 vaccine, but they are refusing to take it.

At St. Elizabeth Community Hospital in Tehama County, fewer than half of the 700 hospital workers eligible for the vaccine were willing to take the shot when it was first offered. At Providence Holy Cross Medical Center in Mission Hills, one in five frontline nurses and doctors have declined the shot. Roughly 20% to 40% of L.A. County’s frontline workers who were offered the vaccine did the same, according to county public health officials.”

Just one article about LA after a cursory search. Other regions had similar stories.

That truly is a lot of them.

Trust the overwhelming general consensus of experts over your favorite blog or podcast. End of story.
Not me. I trust data. Look at the global warming catastrophe nonsense. Sure looks like the world is getting warmer, but so what?

So how long and how many shots does it take to make these vaccines established? More than 40M shots? More than 9 months? The year 2084?
Pick a number you like. I mean you, personally. That way you'll like the answer! I mean, I wouldn't want to be a beta tester for this stuff, but that's just me. No I'm not against the vaccine (please feel free to go get it now). No I didn't say it's a conspiracy. No I didn't say I think Obama put his genetic materials in it. Does that cover it for you?

It sure is. I agree. Still a vast majority accepting the vaccine, some even trying to jump the line to get it, and in the two weeks since that article was written, numbers have gone up. Trust the overwhelming general consensus of experts over your favorite blog or podcast. End of story.

Those numbers aren’t from blogs or podcasts. I thought the media was always right?

Pick a number you like. I mean you, personally. That way you'll like the answer! I mean, I wouldn't want to be a beta tester for this stuff, but that's just me. No I'm not against the vaccine (please feel free to go get it now). No I didn't say it's a conspiracy. No I didn't say I think Obama put his genetic materials in it. Does that cover it for you?
There's been more than enough time & shots given for me to not be hesitant. If they'd asked me to be a tester I would have. OK, you're not against it.

But you didn't answer your own statement of "Yeah that's an established vaccine. I can see why people would be hesitant about the Covid vaccine.". I don't see at all why people would be hesitant other than from ignorance or some condition that could cause a severe reaction. So why would they rationally be hesitant?

ADVERTISEMENT