ADVERTISEMENT

‘They don’t have a one-and-done on this roster’

Making judgments now on where these kids will be April of 2018 is stupid. The fact that it is a weak draft combined with Cal's unique ability to get freshman ready after 9 months, I will be shocked if a few of them aren't one and done.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
the last statement in the article says it all: Remember what happened the last time the Cats signed a huge class of 5-star recruits and most of them came back for their sophomore season? (They almost went undefeated)

Eric Bledsoe and Devin Booker weren't projected to be OAD either. Not saying these guys will be but it's really early to be saying they won't be either.
It all depends on how they work and adapt to each other and the college game. I would love for UK to build depth and have really talented guys return. Maybe this class will be able to do that and still be a title contender. I am confident they will be pretty good. Recruiting still aint done btw.

All that says to me is that we're going to be sending 3-4 guys to the NBA prematurely. Even if it's true that they're not one and-done-caliber, no way we get to 2019 season with half that team. Players feel like they have to go to the NBA after one season just because they're wearing a Kentucky jersey.

Compared to most classes, he is dead right!!!!! Michael Porter Jr wouldn't be a top 10 player in last years class, but the only thing is, the NBA will have a draft next year so in a way, it is really only relative to the talent of that one draft, not historically. I would take almsot any PG Cal has gotten over Green, any Center over Richards, etc....come on guys, be honest.

But these guys could come togehter and form a solid team, but this ain't no John Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe class, or Randle, Twins, Young or KAT, Booker, Ulis, Lyles....or Fox, Bam, Monk....if you think so, you will be sorely dissappointed.

Good thing is, no other team has talent like those player I mentioned above!

Daniels is living in an alternate universe if he thinks most of these kids won't be OAD. History says he needs to evaluate his lack of understanding of the UK effect.

Kentucky has 3 of the top5 rebounders in the country, and they might even have the best 3.

That goes a long way in trying to win the title. I suspect one of the only ways, maybe THE only way to beat Kentucky is to have severely good shooting percentages. If teams are off, even just a bit, it will be tough for them to win.

Reactions: BigBlueFanGA
Richards is in the top 15 of zero mock drafts that are available on line.
nbadraftroom, whoever that is, has him as a lottery to mid 20's first round in 18 or 19, nbadraft.net has him at 23rd. Draftexpress isn't showing him yet, but I expect that will change.

Diallo is OAD.

Bamba (if he is here) is OAD.

After that, there are no guarantees either way.

I think we get more back next season than usual. The '17 class
is weak compared to the last few years.

I am hoping it's Diallo, Bamba, and just one more and the rest
come back for a title run in '18-19.

When Orton, Skal and Goodwin are one and done, you should know you can't bank on anyone being here long. In 2009, I didn't think Bledsoe was one and done. I didn't think Booker would be one and done in 2014. I didn't expect Ulis would bounce after two years when he first signed on in 2014.

That's easy to say 6 months before the season.

There's been players who everyone thought wouldn't be one and done, then once they got on the floor, their stocks exploded and they were gone.

So, I bet we'll still lose 3-4. Diallo, Bamba if he comes, and one or two more.

There's OAD immediate ability and OAD potential.

Don't see any in the first category but 3 maybe 4 in the second assuming Bamba comes.

Not sure what Daniels' point is here, but when you are adding as many guys as we are having to add in one year, you don't want a bunch of OADs.

This is a transition class, and I think Cal has done a masterful job with it. As others have noted, Bamba (if we get him) and Diallo will be the OAD stars of the class, with perhaps a breakout guy like Vanderbilt. The rest of the recruits will form the core of a strong 2019 team, so that Cal doesn't have to completely re-load.

Washington is a guy I think can have a Justin Jackson style career - just a solid all-around player who improves and refines his skills every year and ends up a lottery pick after 2-3 years. Richards I think is a two year guy.

I love the multi-year potential of all of these guys - Alexander in particular. That guy is going to be a monster when his frame fills out and he realizes how good he can be.

Reactions: Bluegrass Kings
It's not easy. Only one team out of a field 68 can win it all . Most here act like it should be a cakewalk.

That's true... But realistically there's only 10 or so teams in the tournament each year that have a realistic shot at winning it all ....

All that says to me is that we're going to be sending 3-4 guys to the NBA prematurely. Even if it's true that they're not one and-done-caliber, no way we get to 2019 season with half that team. Players feel like they have to go to the NBA after one season just because they're wearing a Kentucky jersey.
who is this we?...Cal has only pushed guys who were top picks.

I do agree with third sentence...to a degree. I think our some of out fans propagate that more than the players really feel that...but that is JMO

Reactions: uky8unc5
ADVERTISEMENT