ADVERTISEMENT

‘Kansas’ Head coach knew of and asked for a payment to be made to Silvio de Sousa’s handler

De Souza was hardly anywhere close to being a player you pay for. Man that's sad and pathetic by the Rug Dr.

They had no choice. They lost Preston (paid for) and needed a big man so they go out and outbid Maryland who had him bought.

They should be punished extra for hiding what they really knew about Preston and then cheating some more to make up for their loss due to cheating. ****ing cheating assholes.

I said weeks ago KU was going to get buried,
Still, I’ll admit to being a bit surprised if they actually do.
This isn’t shocking info or any sort of bombshell. The bombshell will be of ncaa drops a hammer.
We will see. The basketball world is watching.
They watched UNCheat give away fake degrees for twenty years, Lance Thomas and Corey Magette take bling/money, and it didn't seem to matter one bit. Color me jaded and skeptical that anything will happen anymore unless it involves pedophilia or strippers.

Reactions: TriCountyCat
I would love to see that fake and phony ass Rat Face get hammered right before The Jailhawks get it !!! However after UNCHEAT walked I have no faith at all in the crooked ass NCAA !!

The top ESPN headline for HOURS has been Self. haha

It's the top headline for all of ESPN.

This is big, and it's going to be very difficult for Kansas to shake this, despite what their fans say. This will probably unravel further.. Not going away anytime soon.

And the best part is that as long as they drag their feet, denying and spinning, their recruiting will be nuked (whatever was left of it).

The latitude is the implication that the evidence presented (the texts) can be interpreted as directing payment. The opposing counsel will dispute that interpretation in their closing arguments.

Dude, this damn board is lawyer city. It’s like every 1/3 of posters here are lawyers. Blows my mind sometimes. A Board of ambulance chasers sucks sometimes but in situations like this, you should shut up and listen.

Self was busted and you know it. But most Kansas fans always knew, they just didn’t think anything would happen.

Whoops, forgot to account for the FBI hahahahah

There are 2 more trials, right? If you are Duke and KU how do you play guys with even a sliver of possible impropriety in their recruitments..This isn't word on the street stuff. This is stuff talked about in a court of law under oath.

Reactions: CatfanMike47
Hey @Nooneputsbabyinacorner how prophetic is this????

Report | Cheating coaches encouraged to come forward by Bill Self and NABC

“You’re going to be found out, that’s all we wanted people to understand,” Kansas head coach Bill Self, who’s president of the NABC, said according to The Athletic.“

http://collegebasketball.nbcsports....uraged-to-come-forward-by-bill-self-and-nabc/

Unbelievable. Self’s toupee must be sewn on so tight that he’s become delusional. I do agree with whoever said it, that after watching UNC and Duke get away with bold face cheating for the last few decades, why wouldn’t they cheat to try and keep up.

I ventured over to the Kansas board and in a shocking turn of events, a number of their posters are registering genuine awareness, objectivity, and even acceptance. Their consensus seems to be that Adidas paid the players and that the KU coaching staff knew about it. End of story.

I’m impressed. Little Brother fans were in denial for years. Some still are.

Not all of them are. Some are confusing culpable deniability with innocence. There are still several steps from the evidence presented to actual actions affecting the program, but it’s obviously not good news for Ku. I would say the balance of evidence suggests that Ku and Self were directing adidas to pay players, but also carefully constructed the communication so that they didn’t have full knowledge of the details. I do not know where that leaves us. I don’t think it would be enough to convict Self in a criminal court, but the NCAA can do what they want.

So far we’ve not heard anything about Silvio not playing which either means they think it will blow over or it looks worse by not playing him. Either way, I can’t wait for the season. This is obviously not a Kansas’ fan favorite topic at the moment. I would be depressed except I’m pretty sure nothing major will change this year’s team which should be awesome. Next year and the future, who knows?

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Not all of them are. Some are confusing culpable deniability with innocence. There are still several steps from the evidence presented to actual actions affecting the program, but it’s obviously not good news for Ku. I would say the balance of evidence suggests that Ku and Self were directing adidas to pay players, but also carefully constructed the communication so that they didn’t have full knowledge of the details. I do not know where that leaves us. I don’t think it would be enough to convict Self in a criminal court, but the NCAA can do what they want.

So far we’ve not heard anything about Silvio not playing which either means they think it will blow over or it looks worse by not playing him. Either way, I can’t wait for the season. This is obviously not a Kansas’ fan favorite topic at the moment. I would be depressed except I’m pretty sure nothing major will change this year’s team which should be awesome. Next year and the future, who knows?

I appreciate this post. Honesty is getting harder and harder to come by. Good luck.

I haven’t read this entire thread yet, but from what I’ve seen just by reading a bit on their 247 forum, most are saying because it’s contained in the closing argument, it doesn’t matter if it’s fact or not. Attorneys can make accusations without proof.

Last edited:
I can tell you with 100% accuracy that Bill Self pays players to come to Kansas. It does not matter who effectively writes the check - Self, Townsend, Adidas, or the mascot - but it is fact that “The Great Tupee” has cheated everywhere he has coached & this lying, corrupt, fraudulent, POS needs to be banned for the good of the sport.

A very honest post made with open eyes. We should give credit to this poster. This can’t be easy for him. Posts like this by fans of a school that is in a situation now like Kansas are as scarce as hens’ teeth. Most people take the nooneputs baby in a corner approach.....deny, rationalize, accuse other schools.

You don’t need direct evidence to convict someone .... and you sure as hell don’t need it for the ncaa. There is more then enough evidence. Self and Townsend talking about how it works I’m regards to cheating and then adidas cheating for them. That’s more than enough evidence

Self says: I’m giving Wiggins $100,000 dollars

Baby says: they are playing monopoly

Townsend says: I’d pay Zion any amount of money

Baby says: the amount was one penny, easily reimbursable per ncaa guidelines

Did they present evidence that they asked for payments, because I don't recall seeing any actual evidence that they did. Of course the lawyer is going to say they knew, it is the crux of the defense. Unfortunately, they didn't present any evidence showing it. Remember, lawyers have great latitude in closing arguments in what they say.

Unfortunately, this is another case of everyone wanting something to be true, which has not been proven. A Nothing-burger, if you will.

Hahahahaha!!!!!! “A nothing-burger”?!?!?
Hahahahahahaha!!!!!

But again, the other day you said “Kentucky was recruiting Zion Williamson too”. Nothing more. No evidence of any conversation with any coach about payments, demands or benefits.

Obviously you aren’t going to admit any wrongdoing until you hear a conversation that says “hey, it’s me, Bill self, can we go ahead and pay Zion Williamson $150,000 in cash please to commit to play basketball for Kansas University basketball in the 2018-19 season?”

Your character as a person isn’t measured by how long you’ll defend someone no matter how much evidence stacks up against them. I think it’s more important to say what is right and wrong, no matter who is involved and not sacrificing any of your values just because you want to believe someone is innocent. If you truly believe that none of the fbi investigation is convincing enough to prove Kansas is involved in some violations, then you are a fool. If you just WANT to believe your coach until the end, that’s the same attitude that got Hitler the support he needed to kill millions of people. No, I’m not comparing Hitler to bill self, but blind gullible support shows you don’t have a brain smart enough or secure enough to think your own thoughts no matter what comes out.

Legally, who knows where this goes. Will they have enough concrete evidence to PROVE self was involved in paying players? Who knows. That’s for the ncaa to figure out...or not. But if you had to bet money on whether self actually knew or didn’t, I’d hope youd put your money where your mouth is, otherwise you’d be an absolute fool.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT