ADVERTISEMENT

‘He’s not your normal kicker or punter.’ Boyle County star Jackson Smith picks UK.

*Bleedingblue*

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2009
Jackson Smith has been impressing scouts since he was in middle school. As an eighth-grader for Boyle County Middle School, he kicked a 51-yard field goal

“We’ve not visited everywhere, but two years ago when colleges were able to have camps, we went to Alabama, we went to Florida, gosh I don’t even remember, we went all over, and no joke, I would put Kentucky’s facilities in the top five in the country, at least of the ones I’ve seen,” Andy said. “There’s a commitment there from the administration, from the ground level up, to have winning football. ... As an alumni, I’m just so proud and excited about the way (Coach Mark Stoops) is building the program.”

More here

Sounds like a match made in heaven.

The stats that jumped out at me were being 100% for field goals two seasons, and a 48.3 yard net punting average as a Junior in high school.

Reactions: Caveman Catfan
Jackson Smith has been impressing scouts since he was in middle school. As an eighth-grader for Boyle County Middle School, he kicked a 51-yard field goal

“We’ve not visited everywhere, but two years ago when colleges were able to have camps, we went to Alabama, we went to Florida, gosh I don’t even remember, we went all over, and no joke, I would put Kentucky’s facilities in the top five in the country, at least of the ones I’ve seen,” Andy said. “There’s a commitment there from the administration, from the ground level up, to have winning football. ... As an alumni, I’m just so proud and excited about the way (Coach Mark Stoops) is building the program.”

More here

thank you Mark Stoops and Mitch Barnhart for making football a priority!

Sounds like a match made in heaven.

The stats that jumped out at me were being 100% for field goals two seasons, and a 48.3 yard net punting average as a Junior in high school.
Damn! Love letting a kid that can do both. Some coaches are closed minded and fear that a bad punt will carry over to a missed FG. That is like have a run QB and a pass QB. If a kicker can kick and punt that well, LET HIM PLAY!!

Reactions: jauk11
ADVERTISEMENT