ADVERTISEMENT

Yahtzee! Jamar "Boogie" Watson Commits to UK!!! 8/3/2015 7:30pm

btw....If Stoops signs 25 does that make you sleazy?

A coach over signing a player or two makes sense since there is usually attrition on your team and a few players that do not make academics to get in school. Taking commitments for 30 to 35 players however is over the top and yes is very sleazy because the coach has to know he will not have room for some of them.

The good thing is that this will likely come back to haunt such coaches as recruits lose confidence in their sleazy method of operation.

Now when you have commits in the thirties you have to wonder how that works, and I believe TU took advantage of some rule (AND the commits) to have 34 at one time a couple of years ago, whatever happened to all those players? In fact, TPE says they are getting a "Blueshirt" from TU this year that is a very good TE that was committed to TU, rated a 5.7, wasn't he good enough for a scholarship?

TU does their usual, and Transfer U strikes again.

Where do I start with that crap you posted?

We signed 29 last year as opposed to Kentucky's 28 the year before. Hypocrite much? grumpy granny's bulldogs signed 33 the years ago. Thirty freaking three.

The tight end was recruited and is a good talent. Nobody wanted to see him leave. He didn't like team rules and violated them before he signed his papers. Butch is helping him find a spot elsewhere.

Looking at the number of recruits over last few years, we are very similar.

Of course it is different for you because of the hate and blue glasses.

A coach over signing a player or two makes sense since there is usually attrition on your team and a few players that do not make academics to get in school. Taking commitments for 30 to 35 players however is over the top and yes is very sleazy because the coach has to know he will not have room for some of them.

The good thing is that this will likely come back to haunt such coaches as recruits lose confidence in their sleazy method of operation.

Except we didn't sign 30 to 35. We signed 29. That's is one more than the 28 Kentucky signed the year before.

Oops.

Yea guys. Gray shirts and blue shirts don't count. They just straight up screw that kid out of a scholly altogether if he doesn't perform well in practice that first year. UT has taken 82 recruits in the last 3 classes.

We signed 29 last year as opposed to Kentucky's 28 the year before. Hypocrite much? grumpy granny's bulldogs signed 33 the years ago. Thirty freaking three.

The tight end was recruited and is a good talent. Nobody wanted to see him leave. He didn't like team rules and violated them before he signed his papers. Butch is helping him find a spot elsewhere.

Is the t.e. the player headed for UofL? If so, can he play for them this season?

but are you counting the gray shirts, blue shirts, and whatever else you all are doing to get kids on campus?

Regarding Watson, here is what I know:

1. He's only played one year of high school football.
2. I think the staff - according to JR - consider him a bit of a project. By the time Lester and Love graduate, he should be ready to step in and play.
3. It says something about his athletic ability that the coaches are willing to take him with only two spots left. Again, according to JR, we're taking 23 this year and he was commitment #22.

but are you counting the gray shirts, blue shirts, and whatever else you all are doing to get kids on campus?

Yes. The 2 blue shirts committed but didn't sign.

1 didn't go to class or study hall thus summer.

1 liked smoking weed to much and apparently is now headed to louisville.

Neither signed papers or will be part of this team ever.

If some of the players do not make it this year UK may be able to back sign a few that count on this year in the early period if they are either JUCOs or high school players enrolling early. I believe UK already has several recruits saying they will enroll in January. A few more slots may open up for this signing period.

Yes. The 2 blue shirts committed but didn't sign.

1 didn't go to class or study hall thus summer.

1 liked smoking weed to much and apparently is now headed to louisville.

Neither signed papers or will be part of this team ever.

Since attempted murder doesn't preclude a player from playing for UT I find it hard to believe not going to study hall or smoking a little pot would preclude a player from playing there. The truth is they over signed and are using that as an excuse. IMO they likely have many more players that fit that same criteria but are better players in the opinion of the UT staff. Take your weak BS back to Knoxville.

And how about 2014...Ole Butch's first full year...you signed 31 players. How many players have you already had transfer in the classes since Butch was there? 10? More? That means Freshmen and Sophmores are transferring out before the ink is dry on the scholarship papes. So Butch and his coaches sit in the living room telling parents they will be taking care of their kids for the next 4 years when they are recruiting so many players they KNOW a bunch of them won't be around because of oversigning.

Regardless how you slick it pal...the way UT and their Idol BAMA, run their program is sleezy as hell.

You are the same poster that has come on here saying we should just sign as many as we can and then just deal with the numbers after...sleezy isn't a strong enough word. But none of us are surprised.

If some of the players do not make it this year UK may be able to back sign a few that count on this year in the early period if they are either JUCOs or high school players enrolling early. I believe UK already has several recruits saying they will enroll in January. A few more slots may open up for this signing period.
our problem is not with the 25 limit but the 85. back counting was only a concern on the first 2 classes to get players into the program for some severely depleted postions. we're probably only gonna take 21 or so next year and that is counting attrition.

No. They did not over sign. There were spots for them. They wanted both of those kids. Both chose poorly and we're shown the door BEFORE they signed papers.

Nobody was ever even considered for attempted murder though it is popular myth here.

No. They did not over sign. There were spots for them. They wanted both of those kids. Both chose poorly and we're shown the door BEFORE they signed papers.

Nobody was ever even considered for attempted murder though it is popular myth here.

no attempted murder...just multiple rapes...

Qualifications?...Rape, Murder, Arson, Rape..
...You said Rape twice.... I LIKE Rape!

Reactions: rudd1
Except we didn't sign 30 to 35. We signed 29. That's is one more than the 28 Kentucky signed the year before.

Oops.

Of course you didn't, but only because you couldn't, but Rivals did have you listed with well over 30 a few years ago. The excess that didn't self destruct were probably told to get lost. And there is no need at all to help the players you kick out find a new school, jurich is all over any transfer that is a pretty good player, of course it helps his chances a great deal if they have a habit or a crime on their record, no problem at UL.

Of course you didn't, but only because you couldn't, but Rivals did have you listed with well over 30 a few years ago. The excess that didn't self destruct were probably told to get lost. And there is no need at all to help the players you kick out find a new school, jurich is all over any transfer that is a pretty good player, of course it helps his chances a great deal if they have a habit or a crime on their record, no problem at UL.

You are thinking of Georgia who signed 33 a few years back

You are thinking of Georgia who signed 33 a few years back

Nope. And

for the second time I am not talking about signed, I am talking about committed, big difference.

Of course they weren't even considered for attempted murder, they weren't even charged with a parking ticket, duh. But we are talking about possible charges, not with what they got away with with NO CHARGES FILED.

The reason I brought the attempted murder charge up is because two local men (TWO on one, not EIGHT) were charged with attempted murder when they kicked a man while down------but then that was caught on the REQUIRED security film while alas, the OIC in charge at the TU fiasco "forgot" to ask for them and they were bad-----the next morning. AND not only did the local man not get a concussion, he didn't even go to the hospital. AND he was the only time the THUGS kicked someone while down that night, unlike the TU "incidents" twice in one night. And while Dooley couldn't find out who the real villains were (TWICE), another joke, he was able to suspend ONE player for the cliffhanger 50-0 win over Tennessee Martin.

I would like to see anyone on here kick someone while down TWICE in one night and send them to the hospital and have NO charges filed against them, The KPD and TU in action again.

Careful....

Tennessee has signed 102 in last 4 years. Kentucky has signed 99.

Those numbers may well flip flop after January.

OK, let's simplify this a little so you can understand it.

TU signed OVER the 25 per year limit for the four years, and UK signed UNDER the limit.

Great point you made.

OK, let's simplify this a little so you can understand it.

TU signed OVER the 25 per year limit for the four years, and UK signed UNDER the limit. This is completely incorrect for both teams - see below

The limit is 85 total and 25 annually (both likely back counted from prior years to sign over 25. Same with Georgia when they signed 33)

I'm not sure if same with Kentucky post Joker but we were down to 67 scholarship players after Dooley. It has taken a couple years recruiting to get back to 85.

Last 4 years-

We signed 104 (22, 22, 31, 29)

You signed 99. (26, 23, 28, 22)

uga signed 102 (19, 33, 21, 29)

No. With 23 we are already over the 85 limit for next year but we're finally over signing due to anticipated attrition.

With Watson, we have 22 known 2016 commitments. Stoops is now primarily hosting 2017 prospects such as Paschal and Ibrahim. It looks like he is just about done with his 2016 class for now, although that could change if someone decommits. Including the 16 seniors, there are 84 scholarship players on our 2015 roster. That's counting Faulkner, Herrick, and Mosier, but not counting Provitt who is going to juco. Counting the 22 commitments for 2016, that adds up to 90 scholarship for 2016. To your point, that means 5 underclassmen would have to go to make room for the current 2016 commitments if they all show next August.

With Watson, we have 22 known 2016 commitments. Stoops is now primarily hosting 2017 prospects such as Paschal and Ibrahim. It looks like he is just about done with his 2016 class for now, although that could change if someone decommits. Including the 16 seniors, there are 84 scholarship players on our 2015 roster. That's counting Faulkner, Herrick, and Mosier, but not counting Provitt who is going to juco. Counting the 22 commitments for 2016, that adds up to 90 scholarship for 2016. To your point, that means 5 underclassmen would have to go to make room for the current 2016 commitments if they all show next August.

... and Harmon.

The answer to your assertion is yes.

However, all scholarships are for one year and that is especially true for those held by walk ons. I believe normal attrition will get us at or below the 85, and evidently our coaches do as well but if it doesn't then a walk on or two may have to go back to walk on status.

Won't the number go up if the two questionable 2015 guys don't make it in?
Not sure where he is getting the 23. Pretty confident he was our last till another spot opened up. Maybe it has and didn't know it. But yeah, can't see at least another spot or two opening up one way or another.

Can we please refrain from the insults to our guest? I can appreciate the defense of our program but let's not go down to the level of UL or IU fans and name call. Especially about marrying relatives, that's just uncalled for. Lol

ADVERTISEMENT