ADVERTISEMENT

Yahtzee! Jamar "Boogie" Watson Commits to UK!!! 8/3/2015 7:30pm

Jul 4, 2015
Kentucky
CLhWXLLUkAEx2Zs.jpg

Jamar "Boogie" Watson
We have had so many recently = I thought I should time stamp it in the title.

Last edited:
Interesting...like the nickname! Sounds like they like his size and speed for the Dupree spot. I'll trust the staff on this one.

Good get! Welcome aboard, Boogie!!
I googled Jamar "Boogie" Watson and that name was touted as both a basketball recruit and a football recruit. Is there two of them or is he both a basketball and Football recruit.

I googled Jamar "Boogie" Watson and that name was touted as both a basketball recruit and a football recruit. Is there two of them or is he both a basketball and Football recruit.

Good question, I'm not sure.

He's athletic but needs coaching. Definite rs then probably add 30 pounds and be ready to dominate in the open field.

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
I was under the impression he wasn't a take, but Mainord tweeted out a DC yahtzee, so welcome aboard. Coaches can't comment on recruits but at least we've got a way to check our commits offers :joy:

Does have some small college basketball offers,just decided to strictly stay football.I think it was in one of JR'S posts.

The last ride available at the current moment. Early to be full at the Inn but the chances of losing a couple always pretty high the last week or two till signing day.

The last ride available at the current moment. Early to be full at the Inn but the chances of losing a couple always pretty high the last week or two till signing day.
He's number 22 we are taking 23.. 1 spot left
Also he was a basketball recruit till last year.. When he played football and is now all in on football

All teams do not operate like that sleazy outfit from Knoxville where it is common knowledge that they run off players every year to make room for new recruits.

btw....If Stoops signs 25 does that make you sleazy?

Like in basketball?

Are you speaking of TU basketball here, hadn't heard about that one. Wouldn't surprise me though.

Cal doesn't run players off, he sends them to the pros as millionaires, and doesn't try to keep them around to build his success, he is noted for doing that to a fault. He usually has a couple of players that are role players when he could easily have everyone on the team as a possible pro.

Jealous of UK basketball much?
btw....If Stoops signs 25 does that make you sleazy?

No, it probably means a couple of players that weren't going to see the field much decided they would rather do something else, even go to a team where they could be a star. My choice if in that situation, easily.

Now when you have commits in the thirties you have to wonder how that works, and I believe TU took advantage of some rule (AND the commits) to have 34 at one time a couple of years ago, whatever happened to all those players? In fact, TPE says they are getting a "Blueshirt" from TU this year that is a very good TE that was committed to TU, rated a 5.7, wasn't he good enough for a scholarship?

TU does their usual, and Transfer U strikes again.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
Big athletic kid that plays physical and agressive and always playing downhill..Whats not to like, especially after getting him in our conditioning program and too teach and critique his techniques even more...Welcome to the BIG BLUE NATION big fella

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
This commitment does 2 things:

1) An addition of a good athlete and prospect, albeit one who's probably 2-3 years away from significant PT. Watch his film, he runs really well.

2)Keeps the DVM connection in tact. Very rich recruiting area. Tip of the hat to Tommy Mainord.

ADVERTISEMENT