ADVERTISEMENT

Workout Video Systems???

I personally can't stand them. It's the same issues I have with regular cardio machines: time just drags on. Being in the dentist chair goes faster than 25min of Insanity.

One of the newer ones I did a circuit of, was the Men's Health Anarchy Workout. 30min, similar to Insanity, but a little bit easier (More 10-30 second breaks). You only do it 3 days a week, with some optional 15-min "torchers" for 2 other days interlaced with the main 3 days. I find this works best for me because Weightlifting has always been my go-to, and you really can't do BOTH Insanity/P90x and weight train. Which brings me to some advice: Do the exercise you truly enjoy. Be it running, hitting the gym, or whatever. These workouts should ALWAYS come first. Video workouts will never be my primary because I don't enjoy them, so they are always secondary.

I personally can't stand them. It's the same issues I have with regular cardio machines: time just drags on. Being in the dentist chair goes faster than 25min of Insanity.

One of the newer ones I did a circuit of, was the Men's Health Anarchy Workout. 30min, similar to Insanity, but a little bit easier (More 10-30 second breaks). You only do it 3 days a week, with some optional 15-min "torchers" for 2 other days interlaced with the main 3 days. I find this works best for me because Weightlifting has always been my go-to, and you really can't do BOTH Insanity/P90x and weight train. Which brings me to some advice: Do the exercise you truly enjoy. Be it running, hitting the gym, or whatever. These workouts should ALWAYS come first. Video workouts will never be my primary because I don't enjoy them, so they are always secondary.
Dosen't P90X3 have weight training incorporated in it...?

53a603e606e67e875896d17f29afff9fdacc8cf6eb0432669fa2aec2800dc17d.jpg

Shaun T's gay lisp makes an appearance in his videos. Sounds like "Honey badger don't care" voice. Can't help but laugh, and in tandem with those crazy Insanity workouts, usually makes me fall over.

I've only looked into P90x as it was the first craze of these video workouts since the '80s. Can't comment on the weight training part, can't remember if it incorporates dumbbells (Anarchy does), but I'm not sure how much is strength training as opposed to cardio and endurance. And being that p90x (atleast the first version) in 60min/6 days a week, that doesn't leave you with much time for strict strength training.

I think that's why I like MH Anarchy: it's more of a supplemental workout for what you normally do. 30 min/3 days a week. You can incorporate that DVD into any work your normally do.

I did Insanity and lost a good amount of weight. Shaun T does get annoying after awhile but the program does work.

I like P90X3. You're not going to get bigger, but it helps tremendously with your flexibility, core strength, and the like. I'm getting a bit older, so that kind of thing is starting to matter in terms of my overall health.

Same here.
Started using our treadmill, elliptical, steps at home
Also trying to walk in afternoons.
Also we have hooked up the Wii again and using
some of the Wii fitness stuff
Also using the loseit app to keep count of calories consumed and burned from workouts

Get any Rolling Stones concert movie and try to do everything 70 year old Mick Jagger does for just one song. That guy is in freakin' amazing shape.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT