ADVERTISEMENT

Words/phrases constantly misspelled/misused

Wall2Boogie

All-American
Jan 28, 2010
This is a great place for comedy with the grammar police, but Facebook and everyday life are another. I'll start with two just this week that had me laughing. See if you can figure out what they were trying to say;

Never take anything for granite
I had a cow zone at Pizza Hut

Lol the 2nd one might be an amazing feat of ultimate stupidity, but the 1st isn't far behind. Let's hear them, it's your turn.

How many of these damn threads have there been in the last 6 months? 10? 20? I like to giggle quietly to myself just as much as the next guy, but not at the same crap over and over.

YOU'RE BETTER THAN THIS PADDOCK

Last edited:
Reactions: KingOfBBN
Thanks for the paddock rally cry, go back to giggling to yourself. You're one of those who bitch about someone starting a thread you may not like, yet you never start one of any relevance.

Thanks for the paddock rally cry, go back to giggling to yourself. You're one of those who bitch about someone starting a thread you may not like, yet you never start one of any relevance.

Uh, I think you forgot to capitalize "Paddock".

Could of
Should of
Would of

That's not misspelling or grammar. That's just plain not knowing the words that are coming out of your mouth.

noone

dominate instead of dominant.

are instead of our.

The inappropriate use of the words insane, ridiculous, sick by kids.

"In your heart of hearts"...Appropriate to say someone has the heart of hearts or even "is the heart of hearts".

Using a plural verb for a singular subject when it comes to sports. First of all, teams should not be named names that don't at least have an "s" sound at the end. Newspaper headline "The Avalanche win the game". Should be "The Avalanche wins". Avalanche is a singular noun even if it is used as a team name.

I believe it is ok to spell it "rediculous" if you're talking about ul.

Bobhn2U.jpg

Reactions: We-Todd-Did
Farther/further...golf commentators are the worst...especially Brits & Aussies.....

ADVERTISEMENT