ADVERTISEMENT

With Dook's Stewart leaving, there are 14 McD A-As in the transfer portal

That is amazing that 14 are in the portal. Some guys it's 10 games some guys it's 30 games some guys it's 50 games some guys it's a hundred. Being a good college basketball players like a plant that needs to grow you never know when it might flower

Duke has lost SEVEN dudes to the portal.

The media? Not a peep.
ea3fd0e0-d478-47b3-9353-24449ab7a00e_text.gif

Reactions: truckbrandon
Duke losing their best core development pieces like Stewart and Power and star upperclassman in Roach is not good for them. Looks like they will basically have two holdover Guards and six (6) incoming freshmen Forwards & Centers for next season. Hopefully they "Calipari" it and don't go after top players in the portal that are obviously better than the freshmen at present.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
Yuuuup.

No articles about Schyer losing the team, or losing his edge.

UK doesn't land recruits every 30 seconds "IS KENTUCKY DEAD?!?!?!?!"

Media can suck it.
To be fair, half the posters on this board constantly moan about something. As Pogo said, "We have met the enemy and he is us."

Reactions: bfawns
My question is what has Mcdonalds AA done for UK over the last 5 years, Hell this year it was two transfers , and non starters who carried this team for the most part.
With players staying in college, freshmen look more like the freshman of old.

Duke losing their best core development pieces like Stewart and Power and star upperclassman in Roach is not good for them. Looks like they will basically have two holdover Guards and six (6) incoming freshmen Forwards & Centers for next season. Hopefully they "Calipari" it and don't go after top players in the portal that are obviously better than the freshmen at present.
IMO top portal players aren’t going to a school with a bunch of incoming 5* freshman. They know those guys were recruited and promised to start and play immediately. Thats why their whole team entered the portal, they don’t want to be looked over in favor of the freshman. Portal guys want to go somewhere to start and play immediately. Duke is still using the old system of recruiting star one and dones that hasn’t worked for several years. The way forward is building teams with the portal. Duke is going down a bad path.

It was on ESPN front page yesterday.

Yep, articles have been everywhere. I can’t open a browser without seeing an article. I had to get glasses for the first time in my life a year ago. They work wonders for blurry vision! ;)

Maliq Brown, the ACC steals leader at Syracuse. 6’8, 220 committed to Duke today from the portal. Avg 9.5 pg and 7.2 boards last season for the Cuse and lit Duke up for 26 in Durham. The kind of player that’s needed to supplement the incoming kids. I think Gillis of Purdue, the 6th man of the year in the Big 10 is another target.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT