ADVERTISEMENT

Willies new brand

Oct 12, 2012
WCS starting his own clothing brand with a logo and everything. Is this really a thing? Can't imagine it would sell well... Hasn't proven himself in the nba yet.

Before I hear anything. I am not a troll. Just want some perspective on this.

Willy has been into design for years. He has always said he wanted the money to run his own clothing brand. He's just living the dream. His mom said he had been planning it forever. You understood what his major was, right?

There's enough sucker fans that will buy it where he'll make a few bucks from it. If people are paying upwards of 25/autograph then people will drop $15 on a shirt

So much hate from our fanbase toward current and former players. The what have you done for me group. I don't get it. Can we just not support a guy and his dream? Why make a negative comment when it isn't warranted? Help me understand why you do this. I get that people are allowed to have their own opinion but why talk crap about someone you hardly even know?

Reactions: songsungblue
i have been a UK fan for over 50 years and I am amazed by some of the people that post on here that call themselves UK fans. Negative comments toward a young man that has stayed with us during an era of one and done. There are few players on any team during any era that you cannot find fault with, yet we have a handful of ignorant so called fans that can only spew negative comments toward this kid. He was not perfect, but who is? I thought he was fun too watch, very athletic, and funny to
Listen to. Good kid that was never in trouble. And truly cared about those with misfortune.

i have been a UK fan for over 50 years and I am amazed by some of the people that post on here that call themselves UK fans. Negative comments toward a young man that has stayed with us during an era of one and done. There are few players on any team during any era that you cannot find fault with, yet we have a handful of ignorant so called fans that can only spew negative comments toward this kid. He was not perfect, but who is? I thought he was fun too watch, very athletic, and funny to
Listen to. Good kid that was never in trouble. And truly cared about those with misfortune.

WCS is a good kid.

But did he stay for us really? Or was the injury the main issue? He definitely improved his draft positioning, that could have been a factor.

He was a first team all american and literally did not show up for the Wisky game, that will be remembered for awhile. His lack of inconsistent intensity was frustrating. People can be critical of players and coaches and still be fans.

Reactions: Anthony B
Winning a title and showing up when the big lights were on would have benefited his brand IMO.

I would completely agree with you except I lost all respect for Willie when he broke his foot in the NCAA tournament last year and didn't bother playing through it. I swear, the level of entitlement these guys have, playing for free, entertaining us even though we give them nothing in return, and then as soon as they get a chance to make a few bucks they take it. smh, so shameful.

WCS is a good kid.

But did he stay for us really? Or was the injury the main issue? He definitely improved his draft positioning, that could have been a factor.

He was a first team all american and literally did not show up for the Wisky game, that will be remembered for awhile. His lack of inconsistent intensity was frustrating. People can be critical of players and coaches and still be fans.

What purpose does it serve to question why a kid would stay, when he frankly doesn't have to in the least. Hell, he was projected to go in the lottery last year, and he turned it down. Nobody is being critical of him. There is no critiquing going on. There are simply a lot of people here who say they are UK fans that are being sour towards a kid with a dream, for absolutely no reason whatsoever. He comes here as a fairly low rated recruit, works at getting better for 3 years at UK, improves remarkably, sets historical achievements at the program level, and people still want to condemn him for some unknown reason. Pretty silly of the "fans" to do so.

Reactions: DaBossIsBack
Most of the people on this thread are jackasses.

Willie has always been into fashion and design. This is one of his dreams, and one of the aspects of his well-rounded personality that he gets to pursue as a result of his sports success. I wish him nothing but the best and I think he'll do really well.

What purpose does it serve to question why a kid would stay, when he frankly doesn't have to in the least. Hell, he was projected to go in the lottery last year, and he turned it down. Nobody is being critical of him. There is no critiquing going on. There are simply a lot of people here who say they are UK fans that are being sour towards a kid with a dream, for absolutely no reason whatsoever. He comes here as a fairly low rated recruit, works at getting better for 3 years at UK, improves remarkably, sets historical achievements at the program level, and people still want to condemn him for some unknown reason. Pretty silly of the "fans" to do so.

First of all I was commenting on another poster's statement who said he stayed with us during this OAD era, insinuating it was for the school or fans or whatever. I simply provided other reasons why he might have stayed.

People are not condemning the kid, some of you are being so petty by defending these guys like they are your children. Our AA didn't show up for the most important game of the year, people will remember that. That is a known reason for some of the remarks. No one is bashing him so bad he needs you or anyone else to jump everybody here for their opinions.

Pretty silly for you mom's out there to get your panties in a wad over a little comment.

People are putting their own personal agendas ahead of what is really a great kid and what he wants to do for HIS future. Yes Willie did disappear during games, but because he did not win ME a championship, I will not bash the kid. He did a helluva lot more good (off the court) that i use to judge Willie, not what he did /did not do on the floor. Some of you guys need to take a step back from UK basketball as a live / die by what happens with 18-19 year old kids. I guarantee you that the people crushing Willie, as a grown ass adult never went into their profession and gave less than 100%, never. You guys are too flawless at the age of 30,40 or older, no way you went to work and was maybe disturbed by outside the job distraction and not give it your all. So, no way we can have a 19 year old kid give less than 100%,, in a game, not a profession.

Reactions: BUZZY67
WCS is an artist and I believe his UK degree is an art degree. I am also an artist but just do it for my own enjoyment. He probably has hopes of being a fashion designer. I wish him well and there is big money in fashion design if you are talented enough.

I have never felt that WCS was one that pinned his hope only on the NBA and would try to have something to fall back on when the time in the NBA ended. Artist tend to march to a different drum beat than most other people. Anyone that has ever painted will tell you that they see the world from a different perspective than those that do not paint.

I at the present time am involved in painting realistic scale backdrops for my HO scale train layout. The part I have finished has really made a huge difference in the realism of my layout.

Reactions: brianpoe
It disappoints me to see the attacks on WCS. No need for that crap. On the UK board? WTF good can come of talking down about one of our guys. That is suck*** posting.

I say "Good luck with your dreams, Willie." Go Big Blue.

Reactions: 432BleedsBlue
People are putting their own personal agendas ahead of what is really a great kid and what he wants to do for HIS future. Yes Willie did disappear during games, but because he did not win ME a championship, I will not bash the kid. He did a helluva lot more good (off the court) that i use to judge Willie, not what he did /did not do on the floor. Some of you guys need to take a step back from UK basketball as a live / die by what happens with 18-19 year old kids. I guarantee you that the people crushing Willie, as a grown ass adult never went into their profession and gave less than 100%, never. You guys are too flawless at the age of 30,40 or older, no way you went to work and was maybe disturbed by outside the job distraction and not give it your all. So, no way we can have a 19 year old kid give less than 100%,, in a game, not a profession.

Give me a break. One guy says:

"Winning a title and showing up when the big lights were on would have benefited his brand IMO."

And people think he is being crucified. We all love Willie.

Most of the people on this thread are jackasses.

Willie has always been into fashion and design. This is one of his dreams, and one of the aspects of his well-rounded personality that he gets to pursue as a result of his sports success. I wish him nothing but the best and I think he'll do really well.

Truer words have never been spoken.

It's amazing to see how quick some UK "fans" turn on members of their own as soon as they're no longer on the roster. For a program that admires its own history so much, you'd think we'd have more respect for the players that were a part of it.

Truer words have never been spoken.

It's amazing to see how quick some UK "fans" turn on members of their own as soon as they're no longer on the roster. For a program that admires its own history so much, you'd think we'd have more respect for the players that were a part of it.

This is great, one guy makes a sarcastic comment and now everybody is turning on Willie? They are not true UK fans! Good gracious people...

Give me a break. One guy says:

"Winning a title and showing up when the big lights were on would have benefited his brand IMO."

And people think he is being crucified. We all love Willie.

I said it and I'm a WCS fan. I do however believe the recognition of a national title and showing up when it counted would benefit his "brand".

Would kids buy "Jordan's" if his career was like Mitch Richmond's?

Would people buy ugly "Sean John" crap if he was a random dude instead of a rapper?

Reactions: brianpoe
Early reviews say the clothes have great potential to dominate your wardrobe...only drawback is that they tend to disappear every now and then.

J/K - love me some WCS. Go live your dreams big fella.

I think WCS is a great kid and hope he does well. He played at UK for 3 years in the era of one and done. With that said it would have been nice to win a championship. Since I am now 49 it would have been nice if Sam Bowie would have won a championship in 1984 as well. BBN loves Sam and in time will remember this team and players with more love.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT