ADVERTISEMENT

Wildcats vs Bearcats, Tuesday.......

CloverforkCat

Junior
Jun 3, 2013
UK (7-3) takes on UC (1-10) today at 4:00 pm. @ The Cliff. Cats will send lefty Zach Logue to the mound to take on Cincy. While the Bearcats don't have a sparkling record, they played very respectfully in their opening series down at LSU.
These 2 teams will be meeting for the 89th time, UK leads the series 58-27-3, and have won 8 straight. UK won last years' game up in Cincy by a 9-1 score.

Reactions: pump4uk
Once again I don't understand why Mahan is hitting fourth. Anyone?

Cats manufacture a run in the 3rd, get help from Cincy error, sac fly by E White, lead 1-0 going to the 4th

Nice comeback win. Needed a nice 7th with help from several walks to get the 8-4 win. Mahan and McNeil delivered the hits to get UK the win. McNeil in particular with a three run bases loaded double.

Bo Wilson unfortunately continues to struggle. Sean Hjelle came in and closed the door in the 9th. He raked up 3 more strikeouts. His ERA continues to be 0.00 and he now has 9 strikeouts in 4 innings of work.

White continues to be hot at the plate as he went 3 for 4 with 3 RBIs. Shelby continues to struggle at home and couldn't pickup a hit. Still only 1 hit during the homestand. Amazingly UK won this game with just 5 hits, 3 of those came from White and the other 2 came from Mahan and McNeil, which I mentioned earlier, came in the 7th. Pretty lucky to get that many runs and a win with just 5 hits while giving up 8 hits.

We get 8 runs on only 5 frickin hits ! This won't cut it in SEC play, other than White, Mahan, and McNeil we ain't hittin worth 2 hoots in hell. Shelby cannot seem to hit the ball with a boat oar, Pompey is struggling, Reks is inconsistent, Becker is OK, Wison is up and down.
Logue, I thought would be a star this year, and he still might but he struggles, Strecker is solid and the 6'11 freshman has been lights out, as has J Lewis. I don't really know what to think so far, maybe we will get it together in all phases before SEC play.

I think Logue did pretty well in the bullpen, but he doesn't seem to be doing too well starting.

Who do you think will start tomorrow?

I think Logue did pretty well in the bullpen, but he doesn't seem to be doing too well starting.

Who do you think will start tomorrow?
Playing Murray State, my guess is Dylan Dwyer who is from that area, Logue was from Cincy area and he got the start today. Geography plays a part I guess !

Reactions: Comebakatz3
Western Kentucky shut out UT tonight 6-0, and had 16 hits. They have now won at Georgia and at Tennessee, they come to the Cliff next week.

Pawlowski is a pretty solid coach and should do well there. If we aren't careful we will most definitely be the third best baseball team in the state.

Haha, yea, that is why I put in the most definitely part. Right now it is certainly debatable that we're third. If we lose to WKU this year then it is most definitely third.
Be nice if someone at UK $$$$$$$ actually cared...all excuses be damned...we have found those to be bogus

Reactions: pump4uk
Be nice if someone at UK $$$$$$$ actually cared...all excuses be damned...we have found those to be bogus

I am really hoping that in the future the money will begin to roll in more. While Henderson has his faults, he has done a solid job of recruiting and getting some players that are making in the the pros. Trevor Gott, AJ Reed, Corey Littrell, James Paxton, Luke Maile, Alex Meyer, etc. I am hoping that these guys get some pretty good checks in the future and they are able to use them to help the baseball program. Right now we've probably got more potential pros than we've ever had, and that will hopefully help to boost our donations in the future. Of course, I don't know how much dedication these guys have or will have to Henderson. Sometimes if a coach leaves on bad terms the former players can get miffed. Hopefully they love UK and as a group they can be a driving force to help make the baseball team better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT