ADVERTISEMENT

why do we have such a hard time recruiting against KU?

Isn't there like seven SEC teams with a better winning percentage against UK than what Kansas has ? It doesn't matter who they get .
Built up a bunch of those wins in the late 70's early 80s when KU was really struggling. KU and Cal are 3-3 against each other

Built up a bunch of those wins in the late 70's early 80s when KU was really struggling. KU and Cal are 3-3 against each other

anigif_enhanced-buzz-29842-1355938348-22_zpstnpqwjn4.gif

Reactions: michaeluk26
If only Cal would have reeled in Xavier Henry, Selby, Kelly Oubre, Wiggins and now Vick, it would have been Kentucky winning a championship and going to four Final Fours in the past five years, not Kansas.

Like the OP, I'm sick of Round of 32 Flame Outs, getting beaten as a 1 seed by mid-majors and whipped decisively as a 2-seed by our hated in-state rival.

Results are what matters, and if Cal can't get it done, then we need someone who can like Self.

I like the way you think.

Anyone who thinks that Mason is better than Ulis needs to get their head examined. Comparing stats is pretty stupid as Tyler played about 20 minutes a game. Compare their per 40 averages.

I just don't get it. They have murdered us in head to head recruiting basically since Cal got here. Its not like they compete for Titles every year. It really makes u wonder the type stuff Self says to recruits that we are going against them for.
It absolutely amazes me at the paranoia among UK fans. Settle down, it's all gonna be alright.

I said UK not Cal , of course you conveniently failed to mention the three wins against Cal were at other schools and not UK . KU is an impressive 0-3 against Cal at UK , no matter how you slice 22-6 it's not good and there is no excuse other than UK is consistently better than Kansas . That applies across the board as well and not isolated to head to head wins , titles , overall wins , winning % amongst a myriad of other accomplishments that solidifies Kentucky as superior in virtually every single way .

Die hard Kentucky fan, but I think it's ridiculous that people are always showing disrespect towards Kansas and Duke. They are both blue bloods with great histories. I think Kentucky is the best in every category because I am a fan. Bill Self has accomplished terrific things. 10 (or 11, I don't know) straight B12 titles is impressive. We all need to give more respect to schools like that. It makes us look like we are less classy than we actually are. Kentucky seems to go further in every tournament to us, but in reality, we have had down years, like the year we didn't make the tournament. You haven't seen that happen to Kansas and Duke. John Calipari is the greatest, but we should show more respect to other teams and coaches that are near our level. Just my opinion, I respect everyone else's.

Reactions: SillBelf
Die hard Kentucky fan, but I think it's ridiculous that people are always showing disrespect towards Kansas and Duke. They are both blue bloods with great histories. I think Kentucky is the best in every category because I am a fan. Bill Self has accomplished terrific things. 10 (or 11, I don't know) straight B12 titles is impressive. We all need to give more respect to schools like that. It makes us look like we are less classy than we actually are. Kentucky seems to go further in every tournament to us, but in reality, we have had down years, like the year we didn't make the tournament. You haven't seen that happen to Kansas and Duke. John Calipari is the greatest, but we should show more respect to other teams and coaches that are near our level. Just my opinion, I respect everyone else's.

ah, my friend - you are fairly new so I will attempt to explain. There was a time on this board, even recently, that the respect you mention WAS shown. But when you read comments on the KU and Duke boards about our Cats, our Coach and our fan base, you will understand there is a reason behind what we say here.

You say you are a die hard UK fan? that's great - welcome to Rafters. But that means you should also know the accusations flung at Kentucky by other schools, and I would imagine you are willing to defend them, as the rest of us do?

Just for fun lets list the on court results since Cal took over.

Self 183-38 .828
Cal 190-38 .833

Head to head Cal 3 Self 0

Tournament Cal 22-4 .846 4 FF's 1 Titile 1 Runner Up

Self 13-6 .684 1 FF 1 Runner up

The regular season results are almost identical slanting very slightly in Self's favor. But the post season results and the head to head are overwhelmingly in Cal's favor.

Bill Self quite frankly is without a doubt the biggest choker in the sport.

To be fair, Kansas beat Memphis, coached by Calipari, when Memphis had a roster that would beat every team that Cal has had while he has been at Kentucky. So there is that.

So you are saying that the talent around a guard has nothing to do with his success?

You do realize you idiots think every player you've ever had is better than ours, even though recently as well as historically we have beaten the shit out of you to the point where calling it an OOC rival game is pathetic. You aren't even on louisville's level as a program when it really boils down to it. You prop it up as some big time, "best in show" BS with your little gay chants, only to run and hide like a biotch when you get smacked in the mouth by your superiors. 3 national titles as a program? 22 losses to us out of 28 attempts. Seriously, just take that in. Focus.

22 losses
28 attempts

My father is 66 years old. He was 3 when UK had three titles.

Your whole program is a shadow compared to BBN and our image. The optics are why you're here. You desperately want to be UK. You feel your program should be UK. But it's not, and you know it. You seek validation. Every time espn screams about UK BIG BLUE nation and gives us all the press, KU fans get eaten up with envy. It's easy to see why they come around in times like this. They won a few recruiting battles. They WON against us in SOMETHING, no matter how brief or small. But none of the domination in the headlines or on the court will stop. The simple fact is this:

UK >> UKU. one is the real deal, the other is the knock off.

It's why I call you little step brother UKU. Always trying. Always failing.

To be fair, Kansas beat Memphis, coached by Calipari, when Memphis had a roster that would beat every team that Cal has had while he has been at Kentucky. So there is that.

LOL! Listen to these idiots. The 2008 Memphis team was nowhere near the level of the 2012 UK team. What the hell are you smoking?

Dozier and Dorsey vs. Jones and Davis.

Case. Closed.

Complete idiots.

KATA: To be fair, Kansas beat Memphis, coached by Calipari, when Memphis had a roster that would beat every team that Cal has had while he has been at Kentucky. So there is that.

LOL! Listen to these idiots. The 2008 Memphis team was nowhere near the level of the 2012 UK team. What the hell are you smoking?

Dozier and Dorsey vs. Jones and Davis.

Case. Closed.

Complete idiots.

This dude is an outlier. Most Kansas fans don't go around saying things this asinine. They may say some crazy stuff like almost all of us do at times, but this KATA guy is just in his own little UL styled version of reality.

This dude is an outlier. Most Kansas fans don't go around saying things this asinine. They may say some crazy stuff like almost all of us do at times, but this KATA guy is just in his own little UL styled version of reality.

Kansas fans are the worst to me. They have more envy than any team including louisville. Louisillve knows their place. Kansas For whatever reason hasn't found their spot in the order. They need to show more respect to their owners.

This post is laughable. the Cats have consistently had the best recruiting classes since Cal appeared. That means he has gotten BETTER overall recruits than Self (a good recruiter and coach).

What do you mean by head to head recruits? Do you think Self didn't want Wall, Bledsoe, Cousins, Teague, Knight, Jones, Randle, Skal, Briscoe, Ulis, the Harrisons, James Young, Goodwin, Towns, Dakari, Booker, etc. , etc., etc. What must the KU fans think about Self "losing" WCS? Come on.man.

They have gotten 9 of 17 head to head recruits in which the player chose UK or kansas. Perry Ellis is from there. He shouldn't count. 8/8 is as close as it gets

I just don't get it. They have murdered us in head to head recruiting basically since Cal got here. Its not like they compete for Titles every year. It really makes u wonder the type stuff Self says to recruits that we are going against them for.
When oubre's dad came out and spewed that smelly BS, you knew Self basically develops his entire recruiting pitch around beating us and worrying about the rest of the schools later.

How kids would want to go to KU and play in a ridiculously dogmatic system, not make the second weekend 9 out of 10 years and constantly flop in the NBA is beyond me. That hairpiece must have mystical powers.

It pains me to say, but the only school right now that should be legitimately competing with us for recruits is duke.

Kansas fans are the worst to me. They have more envy than any team including louisville. Louisillve knows their place. Kansas For whatever reason hasn't found their spot in the order. They need to show more respect to their owners.
Kansas fans feel a sense of entitlement because basketball was invented by a guy that coached at their school. They also point to the coaching tree that they produced, which includes Rupp.

Competitively, take them out of the big 12 and they're st. John's.

Reactions: LandofOzDevil
Kansas fans feel a sense of entitlement because basketball was invented by a guy that coached at their school. They also point to the coaching tree that they produced, which includes Rupp.

But but but but but the ku coaching tree produced all the big names at unc and kentuck. And and and Kansas is second and wins. And and and Kansas has wonder bread titles in their rafters. And and and well, that pretty much sums up Kansas fans.

That St Johns quote is funny af by the way

Just for fun lets list the on court results since Cal took over.

Self 183-38 .828
Cal 190-38 .833

Head to head Cal 3 Self 0

Tournament Cal 22-4 .846 4 FF's 1 Titile 1 Runner Up

Self 13-6 .684 1 FF 1 Runner up

The regular season results are almost identical slanting very slightly in Self's favor. But the post season results and the head to head are overwhelmingly in Cal's favor.

Bill Self quite frankly is without a doubt the biggest choker in the sport.
Calipari more regular season wins, same amount of regular season losses, win % the same. How does that slightly favor Self?

lulz

Because KU and Self cheat and I'm sure they are saying a ton negative recruiting towards UK and Cal.

Uh Kentucky fans do a good enough job negative recruiting against themselves. By the way KU had issues with Cal before he ever came to your school. They go back to when he was coaching at Kansas so get over yourselves. KU fans had no problem with Tubby or Pitino or Billie Clyde or Rupp.

Calipari more regular season wins, same amount of regular season losses, win % the same. How does that slightly favor Self?

Those are the overall records which include postseason results.

Just regular season + conference tournament and Self I think has 2 more wins and 2 less losses. Very minimal difference.

Cal has been outstanding in the postseason. On an incredible run right now. I think he has choked a few times with the finish line in sight but basketball is his genius as he likes to say and if he sticks around long enough I could see him doing even more historic things here.

Uh Kentucky fans do a good enough job negative recruiting against themselves. By the way KU had issues with Cal before he ever came to your school. They go back to when he was coaching at Kansas so get over yourselves. KU fans had no problem with Tubby or Pitino or Billie Clyde or Rupp.

I think you need to get over yourself buddy. Self is shown a 1000 times more respect on here than the downright nasty things Ku fans say about Cal on your boards.

I think you need to get over yourself buddy. Self is shown a 1000 times more respect on here than the downright nasty things Ku fans say about Cal on your boards.

He's an idiot. Just another jealous KU fan who comes here to pump his chest over a small battle the big bad step bro. Ku is irrelevant in the grand scheme.

Listen to this clown talk about "problems" with Cal. He wasn't there long at all, there were no real problems, and here's another but hurt kansas fan that wants to remind you that someone doing great things at another school was somehow connected to them 200 years ago. See how Rupp is in some of their avatars? Dead giveaway. Most of them would crawl over broken glass to have cal.

They are owned like little bitches, I hope it continues to eat away at them until their little program is up in smoke.

Afraid, I'm going to have to ask you to better explain that comment. What exactly do we do negatively to turn-off recruits? haha Please tell, I gotta hear this Kiimo.

Maybe kicking kansas' ass since the beginning of time?

I think you're right.

Kiimo your projecting. What you meant, is that KU fans hurts recruiting by being so negative. you just projected that onto us. That negativity stems from getting beat so much through out history. That'll be $125 man. Cash only.

Do Uk fans simply not understand that there is more than one good place to play basketball? And we haven't murdered you guys in recruiting. We've been in on a ton of the same recruits and both teams has landed a good number of them but have seen far more go to other schools. It's normal. KU and UK go after 20 kids a year hoping to land 4 kids a year.

Reactions: Hoskins21
Do Uk fans simply not understand that there is more than one good place to play basketball? And we haven't murdered you guys in recruiting. We've been in on a ton of the same recruits and both teams has landed a good number of them but have seen far more go to other schools. It's normal. KU and UK go after 20 kids a year hoping to land 4 kids a year.
Good overall post. However, KU does recruit dirty against Cal & UK (nothing illegal) IMO.

UK and KU are about the same. Small towns in minor states.
Duke on the other hand is a world-class university with eighth wonder of the world like campus in a superior basketball conference with a great coach. Just to compete with Duke is a miracle. Other than car lickers there is not much we got over them.

Isn't the OP the guy who wanted CJ Leslie over Terrence Jones?

One is in the Western Conference finals. The other plays in Puerto Rico

Lol.

That is false! Kansas is only marginally beating us on the really good kids just slightly more than Mississippi State, California, Duke, Purdue and Illinois. Stop giving them so much credit.

ADVERTISEMENT