ADVERTISEMENT

Why are Arkansas fans so butt hurt about Coach Cal?

Arkansas just screams "thugs". They made a little run in 94 and 95 and have been irrelevant ever since. They will be good every 3 or 4 years. Just enough to keep their ignorant fans riled up. I love buying their tickets every year for the SEC tourney from Arkansas. Thug, thug, thug. We are their Super Bowl every year.

They are like all schools who were relevant at one time but are not now. It's the same excuses, he cheats, friends with WWW, can't coach or can't recruit, anybody could win with buying players. Pure trash, I hope the pigs never win another game, heck them making the NCAA will probably never happen again, at least I hope so. Envy is a terrible trait.

Because they have the word "Kansas" in their name.

Seriously though, you could ask the same about literally every other fan base out there, I don't really think Calipari and UK dislike/haterization is all that unique to Arkansas fans. Everyone's got their sights set on toppling the big dog, so in that sense we should take it as a compliment. If they liked us it would probably be because we were no longer throttling teams.

Last edited:
Because they have the word "Kansas" in their name.

Seriously though, you could ask the same about literally every other fan base out there, I don't really think Calipari and UK dislike/haterization is unique to Arkansas fans.
No kidding.

I love it!

If other team's fans hate your coach then you should love him, because they are just jealous.

Nobody hated Tubby when he was our coach, but look where that got us.

Reactions: c1doc
F
Check this thread out about Coach Cal and UK lol I hope they lose every game.

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=594581.0
For the same reason (to a lesser extent) I'm butthurt about UCONN and Duke. It's sports, no one wants to see other teams succeed, especially when it comes at the expense of your own team.

People handle their butthurt different ways. Some choose to ignore it, or take their licks and move on. Others let the butthurt fester to unhealthy levels, to the point where one team's losses give them greater joy than their own team's wins.

I mean, the funniest part is...talking about how next year we will get a dose of reality. After they lose Portis and Qualls. I mean, seriously? UK will be a double digit favorite in Fayetteville...yet we're the ones up for a reality check?

The rest of it is just that. Crap.

It's not just Arkansas fans. When you're on top, everyone wants to bring you down.

Didn't help that we successfully recruited Archie and now have a great chance at Monk.

Reasons:

a) Everybody hates Cal and us. Everybody. Arkansas fans are probably more pro-UK than most, actually.

b) They've been down for awhile and are bitter.

c) Residual hatred from when he coached Memphis- Arkansas hates Memphis.

d) Archie Goodwin and now possibly Monk.

Being hated by rival fans is a compliment.

If you are going to have success people are going to become jealous, so just be glad about all the hate from other fan bases, especially our rival Louisville.
UK will win in Fayetteville. Arkansas is not going to make the tournament. They were good last year so now starts there three years of not being good.

Reactions: bigc45157
I met a couple of Arky fans while in Nashville for the SEC Tournament. Really complimentary to UK, Cal and our fanbase. This was the day before playing them... I think what we're seeing on internet message boards are a lot of the 'bad apples' still stinging from the loss of that game and the Ashley Judd stuff.

Arkansas joined the SEC saying move over Kentucky we are taking over but that didn't happen.
My advice Arkansas is go back to the big 12, but that want work ether Kansas will mop floor with you 2.

All I can say :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Last edited:
I think the fact we owned (twice) their best team in 20 years by an average of 15 points may have something to do with it.

Reactions: Jkwo
On a side note..................... realistically, do we stand a very good chance with Monk? Arkansas fans seem to be very confident for the most part. Especially with his brother being there.

Anyone have any inside scoop?

Cal and UK have as many FF appearances and titles in the last 5 years as Arkansas has in the last 70.

Rival fans are more than welcome to hate the man. That's par for the course. Rival fans who want to talk about how he can't coach are just talking out of their ass.

Reactions: UKrazycat2
Arkansas joined the SEC saying mover over Kentucky we are taking over but that didn't happen.
My advice Arkansas is go back to the big 12, but that want work ether Kansas will mop floor with you 2.

All I can say :cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
You might be giving Kansas too much credit.

Remember the movie, "Deliverance?" They have lots of hogs in Arkansas. Poor Ned Beatty!

Opposing teams liked Tubby because they always knew they had a chance to beat us with Tubby at the helm.
EVERY team had this mind set. They played it up as well... Tubby is all class! Look at him stomping his foot on the sideline! He is so intense.
UK should keep Tubby forever!

Sadly alot of our own fans said the same words.

Reactions: uk_fan_02
I love seeing Arkansas posts over here. I especially love it when a Cat fan goes over the the Cess pool that is Hogville to see what's being said. HOGVILLE IS THE WORST OF THE WORST. Has several delusional posters much like a few on here.

As far as the poster that claims our success away a little run in the 90's. That's not entirely true. We've been to 6 final fours and have a very proud fan base and tradition. Most Hog fans are football first but not this one. Looking forward to next year.

Have you seen the little piggies crawling in the dirt,
And to all those little piggies, life is getting worse.

Feel better about what? Speaking the truth? It is funny how all the fans of other SEC SCHOOLS hate Kentucky for the most part but most Kentucky fans pull for other SEC teams in Tourney and in Bowl games. I never understood that oh well. If any team had Cal as their coach and he brought in the talent to their school the would love him. Same as A Nick Saban or Urban in football. That being said I root for The hawgs in football and in basketball when they do not play Kentucky. I also pul for UGA, BAMA, AUBURN, LSU etc... In bowl games and wish SEC would ho undefeated evey year. I also like to see a 3-4 SEC teams try and make a run in march. If its Arkansas, Lsu, even Florida, or whoever. I was raised a Kentucky fan 1 and SEC fan 2. Thats just me.

You must admit them loses hurt last year and losing Goodwin hurt as well. Plus if UK lands Monk that might hurt most of all. I was just stating facts.

Not basketball related, but I can remember talking to a few Arkansas fans about football a few years back when Bobby Petrino was their coach. Some of them were even naive enough to believe Bobby had changed his spots and was a changed man. I just laughed, telling em how crazy they were to believe that. Got called just about every name in the book by those delusional fans. Predictably enough, he crashes a motorcycle and is caught having an affair with a woman half his age just mere months after this convo took place. Boy, the joke was on Arkansas fans. Sadly enough, a good number of them still wanted to keep Petrino around after all this took place lol

Not basketball related, but I can remember talking to a few Arkansas fans about football a few years back when Bobby Petrino was their coach. Some of them were even naive enough to believe Bobby had changed his spots and was a changed man. I just laughed, telling em how crazy they were to believe that. Got called just about every name in the book by those delusional fans. Predictably enough, he crashes a motorcycle and is caught having an affair with a woman half his age just mere months after this convo took place. Boy, the joke was on Arkansas fans. Sadly enough, a good number of them still wanted to keep Petrino around after all this took place lol

If you think that bad on Arkansas what about Louisville with Pitino & Petrino?

I mean, the funniest part is...talking about how next year we will get a dose of reality. After they lose Portis and Qualls. I mean, seriously? UK will be a double digit favorite in Fayetteville...yet we're the ones up for a reality check?

The rest of it is just that. Crap.

That was Arkansas's best chance at doing 'something' and they blew it. Not to mention, they got SMOKED by the Cats when they played up the idea they were going to be the team to beat them.

ADVERTISEMENT