ADVERTISEMENT

Who will be Biggest Impact Redshirt freshamn on D?

buckkiller

All-American
Nov 6, 2003
I am going to go with Ware. I think he will help fill the void of losing Dupree and help establish a pass rush.

I think West will have a huge impact as well. I think him and Stamps will be smashing some recievers. Really looking forward to see what West brings to table. Hope his leg is all good with no more issues.

Ware's the safe pick here. But there is a lot of RS's on the defensive side of the ball that could step up. And imo, if our defense improves, it will be due to this influx of talent.

Yeah your right and the quality depth we will have for first time on the defensive side of ball has me excited about this season.

Reactions: jimmy cowboy
Well we got a few that has potential and looking forward in the play of Firios. I think he can bust some RB'S trying to get to 2nd level.

Last edited:
Darius west could be the highlight guy but I hope that the boring plays that Noone thinks about are made by ware. West could make a few spectacular plays that everyone remembers all year long.

Need firios and hendrix to be in the mix as well.

I am going to go with Ware for next season. If you are looking at over their career at UK, I would say it is a close call between Ware, Firios, and West. We have young talent at every level on the D. It will be fun to watch these guys as RS JRs and SRs.

Reactions: Smashcat
I keep thinking back to watching video of Firios playing HS ball in FLA. That kid plays like an old school linebacker. He reads and reacts to plays and deals with blockers well, tackles per textbook, and does it all with an obvious mean streak. I really liked watching him run uphill to attack ball carriers on his video. He obviously understands getting to the point of attack and shutting the door. At this level, he might be struggling with over commitment and maintaining leverage on the ball, due to his aggressive play and the speedier (on average) backs, but perhaps not. I certainly do not know.

I haven't heard much said of him making a move yet, but find it hard to believe he will fail to upgrade our linebacking corps in some manner.

True Frosh:
Offense - Conrad
Defense - one of the big corners, Baity, Jackson or Westry

Redshirt Frosh:
Offense - Long
Defense - Kobie Walker (if healthy)

True Frosh:
Offense - Conrad
Defense - one of the big corners, Baity, Jackson or Westry

Redshirt Frosh:
Offense - Long
Defense - Kobie Walker (if healthy)

I am liking that both of your impact players on offense are our new TEs. If those guys can become factors in the passing game, this offense will explode...a stable of RBs, WRs galore, and now TE threats. Defenses will be forced to pick their poison. Either way, we score.

I think the coolest thing about this thread is there are not just 1 maybe 2 guys but several legit options on each side of the ball.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT