ADVERTISEMENT

Who thinks we overtake UNLV this upcoming season

*Bleedingblue*

All-American
Gold Member
Mar 6, 2009
In consecutive games with a 3? I know we are only a few games behind them and with the constant turnover with them you would think it will be another team turmoil and another year of no postseason. If we could gain another 4 games on em I think that will be close to overtaking them.

In consecutive games with a 3? I know we are only a few games behind them and with the constant turnover with them you would think it will be another team turmoil and another year of no postseason. If we could gain another 4 games on em I think that will be close to overtaking them.

941/938 is what I've got down.. Assuming we make a deep run again it looks like we'll pass em..

It's funny because it's really not that important to me but it's still in the back of my mind every single game we play until we hit one.

It's funny because it's really not that important to me but it's still in the back of my mind every single game we play until we hit one.

Exactly, it's really a pretty meaningless record but I'm constantly waiting for us to make one each game to keep it going. I guess it's just because we have such a streak going that I don't want to see it end but it really shouldn't be that big of a deal.

I know UNLV, UK, and Vanderbilt have been the top 3 teams in this statistic, in some order, for a long while. Does anyone know what the top 5 or top 10 look like. I'm kind of curious what kind of gap separation those top 3 have on the rest on the list (e.g. is anyone else looking to leapfrog Vandy for instance), and whether there are any other bluebloods in the top 10. If UK can pass other teams, given enough years to play catch up, perhaps there are a few other teams who consistently make deep tourney runs who could sneak up this list as well.

If UK doesn't move past UNLV at the end of this coming season, it seems highly improbable that they don't pass them the following season. I can't imagine UK not pulling within at least one game of UNLV this year, worst case scenario. I'd say the odds are slightly higher than 50/50 that we pass them this year, but it should be close.

I also had a dream that UK wins #9 this coming season, but I've also dreams about pretty girls that never came true, so you never know.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT