ADVERTISEMENT

Which Rick Pitino lie do you remember best?

TopCatCal

Senior
Dec 10, 2012
Mine is the one when he was at Tom Jurich's house in March 2001 when he was in Louisville considering taking the UL job. Pitino said that him & Jurich was sitting on Jurich's porch when a red cardinal bird landed on the railing around the porch. He said that was an omen that he should take the UL job. Hard to prove that was a lie, but if anybody believes Pitino told the truth about this, then I've got a statue of a lady holding a torch in New York harbor that I would like to sell you.

Mine is the one when he was at Tom Jurich's house in March 2001 when he was in Louisville considering taking the UL job. Pitino said that him & Jurich was sitting on Jurich's porch when a red cardinal bird landed on the railing around the porch. He said that was an omen that he should take the UL job. Hard to prove that was a lie, but if anybody believes Pitino told the truth about this, then I've got a statue of a lady holding a torch in New York harbor that I would like to sell you.
Pitino brought UK's program back from the precipice, after the "Kentucky Shame" era. UK won a national championship under Pitino, and the one that Tubby won, RP had a LOT to do with. All a lot of you do is rip him, and he brought you 2 national championships. Pitino played by the rules, which Hall and Sutton (and Cal?) absolutely did not, and he won honorably. Why do you rip on Pitino. He saved the UK honor, and the program. I just do not understand why some UK fans hate him. He could not go back to UK when he left the Celtics, as you had a coach. He went to UL to WORK. UK fans should respect him, not revile him. WTF....

And your point is not even based on a "lie", Silly poster, you do not even know what Pitino was seeing on that porch, yet you call him a liar.....

Pitino brought UK's program back from the precipice, after the "Kentucky Shame" era. UK won a national championship under Pitino, and the one that Tubby won, RP had a LOT to do with. All a lot of you do is rip him, and he brought you 2 national championships. Pitino played by the rules, which Hall and Sutton (and Cal?) absolutely did not, and he won honorably. Why do you rip on Pitino. He saved the UK honor, and the program. I just do not understand why some UK fans hate him. He could not go back to UK when he left the Celtics, as you had a coach. He went to UL to WORK. UK fans should respect him, not revile him. WTF....

And your point is not even based on a "lie", Silly poster, you do not even know what Pitino was seeing on that porch, yet you call him a liar.....
Why do Indiana fans hate on Tom Crean? He's brought you back from probation and made two consecutive Sweet 16's (If you don't believe me, check out local phonebooks or popcorn boxes). Yet, Indiana fans were ready to run him out of town last season and the season prior to that one.

If, during Bob Knight's hey day, he left IU for 2 years and then came back to coach Purdue, you can't tell me that IU fans wouldn't be all pissed off at him and not call him every name in the book?

When he told recruits (I believe the Bradley family might have been one of those) that he wasn't going to the NBA and would definitely be at UK. Then he went.

When he told recruits (I believe the Bradley family might have been one of those) that he wasn't going to the NBA and would definitely be at UK. Then he went.

He Definitely would be at UK? But you can't remember who it was? Can you remember the Memphis recruits name that Calipari told he wasn't coming to UK, but did the next day?

Coaches don't do that ------do they? lol

Moronic post. Oh yeah, now all of the sudden rival fans say Pitino was clean at UK. Not what you said in the 90s. Which is it? Oh yeah, by the way, Rick Pitino was directly involved in NCAA violations as an assistant at Hawaii and was ordered to get away from that program. Calipari has never been named in a violation.

Rick Pitino has been involved in several situations at UofL like hiring recruits AAU coaches to get the recruit (didn't work with Teague), hiring shoe reps as assistants, taking kids that can hardly speak English (and I don't mean "foreign" players), but somehow can pass college courses, etc. He's also had players with serious drug issues, he has lied about his players "leaving the program" when he really kicked them off, he lies about player suspensions, he has covered up tons of player issues and he also had players breaking NCAA rules in Chane Behanan and Kevin Ware. Both of those guys had drug issues and Behanan was breaking NCAA rules by selling his ring while at UofL and making profit and Ware was driving Booster vehicles and those are only the things we know about. With the Miami football fiasco, the NCAA didn't bother to do anything. UofL is a major program but is not under the microscope like UK is, so they can get away with much more.

These things happen at a lot of places, but save me this BS that Rick Pitino is above any of this or that he is "honorable" in any way. You have no idea what you're talking about. You know nothing about college basketball and you know nothing about UK, UofL or Rick Pitino.

"It only lasted 15 seconds, and I didn't really enjoy it. But I tipped her 20%."

I hardly ever post but flip off. Take this post and shove it up your donkey.

The Chris Jones comments about him being kicked off the team.....that one lasted 15 seconds.

Or the time he told us that 'running' Tubby off would impact us 10 years.......

Wouldn't you like to know what he told Rod Rhodes when he was in need of a scholarship to bring in Mercer?

Reactions: Uk1111
Anything he says when his players leave the program (when they're basically recruited over and the scholly was needed).

Anything he says when any of his players run into issues with the law.

Anything he has ever said with regard to the Sypher incident.

When he said he wasn't leaving UK 2 days before it was announced he was leaving for the Celtics.

Anytime he says "This is the greatest or toughest (fill in word here) we've ever had.

Agreed he got us a title, had a fun style of hoops, brought us out of a mess. Who gives an F about Louisville.

How about the one when he was here and it was going around that he might take the L.A. Lakers job. Pitino said he had no interest in the L.A. job, and he had no contact with anyone from the Lakers. Then the next day pictures came out of him meeting with Jerry West.

IU is the butthole of college basketball.

Reactions: Cindog28
"I gave Karen $3000 for health insurance."
That was a good one. I also thought it was incredulous that he had the gall to lie under oath during the trial. IIRC, when he was questioned as to why he stayed in the restaurant after it was closed, everyone was gone, owner's departed and left him a key to lock up, etc., etc., etc. his was reply was "to finish his drink". LOL!

Reactions: uky8unc5

This is like asking which sunset or snow flake I like best. The pool is so big I can't choose.

When Pitino lips move.

Pitino-lying-lips_zps2oi7rvbn.gif

You seem to have no idea what you're talking about but he didn't ccall you a liar.

He Definitely would be at UK? But you can't remember who it was? Can you remember the Memphis recruits name that Calipari told he wasn't coming to UK, but did the next day?

Coaches don't do that ------do they? lol

That's the best you got at defending your hero, Rick? Really, taking a shot at Cal in a thread that asks specifically about Pitino? A big deal was made back in the day when Rick assured recruits and their families (and Brandley, who I named, was definitely one of them) that he was going nowhere. That is the first lie I remember from Rick and that's what the OP asked for so I don't see your point at all other than to try to attack Cal in a thread that is nothing about him. Nice try albeit a weak one.

ADVERTISEMENT