ADVERTISEMENT

Where will they be ranked?

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
To me the AP doesn’t matter, but do we stay at 6 or fall a couple? Houston lost again tonight so that might help us stay around number 6. I would be in disbelief if we fall out of the top 10

I’m saying 8. Don’t think we fall out of the top 10

Every game matters and determines our seed.
Don’t you like having any kind of advantage?
I’d much rather be a 1 seed than a 3.
We are dealing with the NCAA the same ones who won’t rule on Big Z.

To me the AP doesn’t matter, but do we stay at 6 or fall a couple? Houston lost again tonight so that might help us stay around number 6. I would be in disbelief if we fall out of the top 10
I really don't care where the team is ranked. Where is Calipari ranked as a floor coach? That's the better conversation.

Every game matters and determines our seed.
Don’t you like having any kind of advantage?
I’d much rather be a 1 seed than a 3.
We are dealing with the NCAA the same ones who won’t rule on Big Z.
3 seed is about as low as you want to go to have a legit shot bracket matchup wise.

Reactions: WildcatNC
Houston will drop because they lost 2 games, but I'd bet a shake we drop the farthest.

No chance we fall out of the top 10. We will get jumped by UNC though.

The question is do they keep Houston and UT ahead of us. UT had a worse loss this week and UH lost twice.

I say we drop to 7.
UT will stay ahead of us. Similar quality losses, and in voters minds they won most recent game.

I say 8th

You guys won't like that Gary Parris dropped Kentucky to #15 team (dropped them 7 spots) after yesterday's games. He just said Kentucky has done next to nothing except the UNC and Florida wins.

The AP ranking absolutely matters; since 1979 our seed matches almost exactly our ranking in the poll taken BEFORE Selection Sunday.

Gary Parrish just argued that Utah State should be ahead of Kentucky based on having a 6-1 record in Q1+Q2 games.

Problem is you don't look at who you beat and just look at the numbers (Kentucky is 3-2 record in Q1+Q2) plus a Q3 loss.

Utah State has a quad 1 win on a neutral court vs San Fran

Q2 wins vs Akron, Santa Clara, UNLV, UC Irvine

Of course it don't help us that we play so many cupcakes at home in the non conf that all those games are going to be Q3 and Q4.

• Haha
Reactions: Cowtown Cat
What difference does it make where we are ranked on Jan 14? We just gave up 97 points to a 9-6 team and allowed 2 players to manhandle our guards. If we don't fix our D and rebounding we don't have a chance in hell of making a deep run come March.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
What difference does it make where we are ranked on Jan 14? We just gave up 97 points to a 9-6 team and allowed 2 players to manhandle our guards. If we don't fix our D and rebounding we don't have a chance in hell of making a deep run come March.
That’s right! We can’t guard a damn fence post! I honestly believe this will be the team that will force Cal’s hand to implement some sort of alternate defensive scheme. I just don’t think they’ll ever be great defensively, especially in a man to man. If not, we aren’t going far.

Gary Parrish just argued that Utah State should be ahead of Kentucky based on having a 6-1 record in Q1+Q2 games.

Problem is you don't look at who you beat and just look at the numbers (Kentucky is 3-2 record in Q1+Q2) plus a Q3 loss.

Utah State has a quad 1 win on a neutral court vs San Fran

Q2 wins vs Akron, Santa Clara, UNLV, UC Irvine

Of course it don't help us that we play so many cupcakes at home in the non conf that all those games are going to be Q3 and Q4.
What a clown. “Haven’t beaten anybody.” UNC is Final 4 good.

Reactions: gharding07
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT