ADVERTISEMENT

Where will the 2016 class be ranked?

footballfanatic77

Sophomore
Jun 17, 2015
California
UK had a consensus top 40 recruiting class last season and a consensus top 25 class in 2014. Mark Stoops has been killing it on the recruiting trail this week for 2017 and 2018. Currently the Cats have the #12 class for 2016 according to Rivals and the #19 class according to 247Sports. But, the class is already nearly full and so it begs the question, can UK hold on to a Top 25 class for 2016 when there is so much time left and so little space left for UK to add new players. I suspect that this class will end up in the low to mid 30s assuming there aren't a bunch of late defections like last season.

It really depends on if some of our high 3 stars can get a bump to a 4. There's probably 4-6 guys who could conceivably get a bump. We could also get another 4 star guy before it's all said and done. I believe we'll be in the 20s. Regardless this class is really, really good. Probably undervalued if it's in the high 20s.

Reactions: jimmy cowboy
IMO we have 6-8 guy's that could get bumped up in there rating...several may only go from a 5.6-5.7 or a 5.5-5.6..

Cross is one that should move higher,smith very likely will get bumped to a 5.7.
These small bumps add up when you use points to rate a class...any bump to 4* will really add points..

Reactions: jimmy cowboy
I think around 20-25...

That's being a little overly optimistic, go look at the classes and look at all of the schools that are going to pass us up by the time signing day rolls around, to finish that high we would need to pick up a couple more four stars or have a couple guys bumped up to 4-star which is really unlikely considering that our commits are notorious for getting their rankings dropped after they commit, not "bumped up"

I think some players may get a bump, but even with that I'm still thinking it will end up in the 30s. Still will be a solid class and meet a lot of needs from a depth standpoint.

It really depends on if some of our high 3 stars can get a bump to a 4. There's probably 4-6 guys who could conceivably get a bump. We could also get another 4 star guy before it's all said and done. I believe we'll be in the 20s. Regardless this class is really, really good. Probably undervalued if it's in the high 20s.

At this point there won't be many points added even if a kid goes from a 3 to 4 start, 25-30 points most likely. A 4 to take the place of the 2 would be a pretty nice bump up in points. Just by looking at the team rankings and going by average star rating, not really a good method but not really another option if you using Rivals rankings, looks like UK will be somewhere around 25th, give or take a spot or 2 and around 8th to 12th in conference depending on how other classes finish. 4-5 schools are going to be very tight going by star average, USC, UF, UK, State, A&M and Missouri are all in a tight wad according to Rivals. So tight that a high a 6.0 guy could move a team from 12 to 8 in the conference.

That's being a little overly optimistic, go look at the classes and look at all of the schools that are going to pass us up by the time signing day rolls around, to finish that high we would need to pick up a couple more four stars or have a couple guys bumped up to 4-star which is really unlikely considering that our commits are notorious for getting their rankings dropped after they commit, not "bumped up"

It may be but I think we might get a couple bumped up this time. Just a feeling.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT