ADVERTISEMENT

Where are we in terms of all-time wins?

downthehatch

Blue Chip Prospect
Mar 29, 2009
The latest I could get was a website saying we have 2178 wins, but it says that it's only including 2013 - 2014 season. I'm thinking that 2178 is the current number. Am I right?

The latest I could get was a website saying we have 2178 wins, but it says that it's only including 2013 - 2014 season. I'm thinking that 2178 is the current number. Am I right?
2178 is right. You can go to wikipedia and type UK basketball and The List is at the bottom of the site. It is not completely updated but the win total is right. Wikipedia also updates the most wins in college basketball. GBB

2178 is right. You can go to wikipedia and type UK basketball and The List is at the bottom of the site. It is not completely updated but the win total is right. Wikipedia also updates the most wins in college basketball. GBB

I don't believe last year is in that total.

This is accurate. 25 games ahead of Kansas. 38 ahead of UNCheats. I'd note when Cal took over UNCheats was in second, 4 wins back of UK.

Rank
College Wins Losses Win%
1 Kentucky 2178 673 .764
2 Kansas 2153 831 .722
3 North Carolina 2140 767 .736
4 Duke 2062 853 .707

Lot of talk the last few years about the elite, who's in it now that maybe wasn't before, who's no longer elite, etc. the 4 names above - those are the elite names in college basketball. Begins and ends with those 4.

I still think at some point Kansas will pass us in the wins category.

The pressures of the UK and UNC jobs make higher highs but open themselves up for a free fall. Duke is a mystery and I have no clue what "post K" Duke will look like.

I imagine after Cal we will eat up and cycle through coaches for two decades having success and failure during that time.

So Kansas has no pressure but somehow UK and UNC have more pressure, pretty absurd. Coach Self probably won't be too far behind Coach Cal in retirement. Cal is 56 years old and Self is 52. Also UNC probably will lose some wins at some point when the scandal runs its course. Interesting trend is only Sutton and BCG are only coaches at UK to never win a basketball championship. I'm sure we can find a great coach after Coach Cal leaves as well....

So Kansas has no pressure but somehow UK and UNC have more pressure, pretty absurd. Coach Self probably won't be too far behind Coach Cal in retirement. Cal is 56 years old and Self is 52. Also UNC probably will lose some wins at some point when the scandal runs its course. Interesting trend is only Sutton and BCG are only coaches at UK to never win a basketball championship. I'm sure we can find a great coach after Coach Cal leaves as well....

What's going on (or went on) at UNC is a joke. The NCAA is a joke. It took them 8 years to investigate Syracuse. Whatever.

If Kansas ever passes Kentucky on the all-time wins column, it will be a very, very long time. As long as Roy Williams is the coach at UNC (and Self at Kansas), UNC won't even sniff passing KU in wins.

ADVERTISEMENT